• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What team is most likely to dethrone the Los Angeles Lakers?

What team is most likely to knock off the Lakers?

• Warriors

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Clippers

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Heat

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Bucks

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Sixers

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Celtics

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Nuggets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the field, because there is no clear cut answer here.

I'm not as sold on Golden State as everyone else appears to be. I may have picked them had they been healthy in 2020, but in 2021 not so much. They're older and coming off injuries, and I can't even name their starting center. They're also counting on Wiggins to be a difference-maker, but I think it's far more likely he injects the Minnesota losing culture into them.

I'll pick the Nuggets only if they acquire Jrue Holiday.

Right now if everything stands as is, my 2021 finals pick is Celtics/Jazz, with Utah moving to 0-3 in finals appearances and Boston reclaiming their rightful spot with the league lead for the most titles.

Marquess Chriss was a very serviceable center this past season for the Warriors.
Anyone they pick has bust potential, and I do like Edwards, but I'd be happy with Wiseman. That kind of athlete at the center position is rare.

I'm not worried at all about Wiggins infecting any type of losing mentality on the Warriors. The Warriors culture absorbs everyone and tends to make them better. Javale McGee resurrected his career here. The same thing is happening with Chriss.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquess Chriss was a very serviceable center this past season for the Warriors.
Anyone they pick has bust potential, and I do like Edwards, but I'd be happy with Wiseman. That kind of athlete at the center position is rare.

I'm not worried at all about Wiggins infecting any type of losing mentality on the Warriors. The Warriors culture absorbs everyone and tends to make them better. Javale McGee resurrected his career here. The same thing is happening with Chriss.

Haha.

I missed that part.

Wiggins infecting losing culture in to Curry, Klay and Dray?

Hilarious.

It isn’t like his some crazy diva, he is just lazy. No chance he negatively influences the Warrior stars, but a very good chance they influence him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not as sold on Golden State as everyone else appears to be. I may have picked them had they been healthy in 2020, but in 2021 not so much. They're older and coming off injuries, and I can't even name their starting center. They're also counting on Wiggins to be a difference-maker, but I think it's far more likely he injects the Minnesota losing culture into them.

Right now if everything stands as is, my 2021 finals pick is Celtics/Jazz, with Utah moving to 0-3 in finals appearances and Boston reclaiming their rightful spot with the league lead for the most titles.

dwyane wade laughing GIF by Bleacher Report

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might be a smokescreen but the sports talk guys today said Minnesota is claiming to want Wiseman. Sounds like a ploy to get the Ws to trade up to me.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, it's cool if you think the Warriors won't make it but thinking Wiggins will inject a losing culture into GS is just LOL.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a smokescreen but the sports talk guys today said Minnesota is claiming to want Wiseman. Sounds like a ploy to get the Ws to trade up to me.

It's a ploy for everyone to trade up. Minnesota should leak to every team that they're taking Melo, Edwards, Wiseman and hope someone panics and calls to trade up.

Warriors could roll the dice with either Wiseman or Edwards. I think at this point Wiseman is their preference, but Edwards fits their wing need off the bench. The Warriors have always in their runs lacked scoring punch off the bench and Edwards is a high ceiling wing.

If I had to guess, Edwards goes #1 if Minny keeps the pick. Wiseman and KAT may not work together. Same with Melo and D'Angelo. Edwards is a high ceiling wing with two way potential and would carve out an immediate role with them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a ploy for everyone to trade up. Minnesota should leak to every team that they're taking Melo, Edwards, Wiseman and hope someone panics and calls to trade up.

Warriors could roll the dice with either Wiseman or Edwards. I think at this point Wiseman is their preference, but Edwards fits their wing need off the bench. The Warriors have always in their runs lacked scoring punch off the bench and Edwards is a high ceiling wing.

If I had to guess, Edwards goes #1 if Minny keeps the pick. Wiseman and KAT may not work together. Same with Melo and D'Angelo. Edwards is a high ceiling wing with two way potential and would carve out an immediate role with them.

Wiseman doesn't make any sense. Ball or Edwards is most likely the pick.

Man, thinking about Edwards...he reminds of Wiggins. High volume scoring, low %, athletic ability but the defense just isn't there and Wiggins was way more talented and has the wingspan too. I would like to see the TWolves go LaMelo but now that he have Russell...Edwards makes the most sense. Uggh Minny

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiseman doesn't make any sense. Ball or Edwards is most likely the pick.

Man, thinking about Edwards...he reminds of Wiggins. High volume scoring, low %, athletic ability but the defense just isn't there and Wiggins was way more talented and has the wingspan too. I would like to see the TWolves go LaMelo but now that he have Russell...Edwards makes the most sense. Uggh Minny

Both LaMelo and Russell can be combo guards. With the emphasis on perimeter shooting, that's probably the safest way to go. Edwards definitely does have a lot of Wiggins in him it appears. All depends on the coach that gets him though.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early for this. Rosters aren't finalized

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early for this. Rosters aren't finalized

It could be interesting to do the same poll again after FA, etc. is over to see if the results change much. Unless the Clippers or maybe Celtics, pull off something huge, I don't see it really changing much. But it would be interesting to see.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ainge is already trying to get the big man he needs and a point guard.

Jrue Holliday and Myles Turner are the targets as we speak.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would prefer to wait until after the finals in ‘21 (hey if you want to wait until after FA, why can’t I wait until after the finals are played?), but as it sits now, the Dubs have to be the first team to be looked at. They have the experience. They have the star power. They will be adding a big piece tomorrow.

All that said, I think the league is pretty well wide open right now. The Dubs will be coming off a lost season of injuries (MAJOR injuries) and there is no guarantee that Thompson will come back 100%.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol love me some russian

I have read that Durant has looked really good in some summer games...If he is close to 100% they are the biggest threat imho

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would prefer to wait until after the finals in ‘21 (hey if you want to wait until after FA, why can’t I wait until after the finals are played?), but as it sits now, the Dubs have to be the first team to be looked at. They have the experience. They have the star power. They will be adding a big piece tomorrow.

All that said, I think the league is pretty well wide open right now. The Dubs will be coming off a lost season of injuries (MAJOR injuries) and there is no guarantee that Thompson will come back 100%.
Yeah...

Cancel that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just changed my votes