• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What team is most likely to dethrone the Los Angeles Lakers?

What team is most likely to knock off the Lakers?

• Warriors

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Clippers

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Heat

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Bucks

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Sixers

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Celtics

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Nuggets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vote and discuss.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the Warriors.

They have the experience, the chemistry, and they get a add a couple new pieces into the mix depending on what they do this off season.

I think there will be 4-5 teams at least with a legit shot though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to wait till after FA and draft. If I had to guess, my top choice would be Warriors. If the Mavs get a nice 3rd option that would be another pick. Also, Clippers if they keep their talented roster together--interesting what moves they make. Right now, I have no faith in any East team at the moment.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to wait till after FA and draft. If I had to guess, my top choice would be Warriors. If the Mavs get a nice 3rd option that would be another pick. Also, Clippers if they keep their talented roster together--interesting what moves they make. Right now, I have no faith in any East team at the moment.

Wait until after FA and draft. Yep. Was going to say the same thing. But where things are right now assuming the Warriors are 100% gonna go with them.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went with Warriors first, followed by the Heat. Although for the Heat, I don't think they become true contenders until the following season where they (potentially) add another all-star level player. And by then, Herro and Bam should be (hopefully) more polished.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since multiple votes were allowed, I picked one from the West and one from the East. Obviously, this is pre-FA, draft and trades. But, right now, my picks are:

Warriors: They have championship experience and while the Lakers perimeter defense was better than anyone thought it could be, I don't think it was good enough to take down a fully healthy Warriors.

Heat: Finishing with the 5th seed appears to have been about them just getting used to playing together. Once it all clicked they showed what they can do. If they get Giannis or another star level player, they become the favorites for the title, imo, unless the Lakers somehow add a 3rd star level player. Even then, it would depend on who the Lakers get and if they can stay healthy.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the Warriors.

They have the experience, the chemistry, and they get a add a couple new pieces into the mix depending on what they do this off season.

I think there will be 4-5 teams at least with a legit shot though.
I think they are the biggest threat also.....if healthy.

Makes for an epic series.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet that the sixers will represent the east.. Daryl is gonna make that team stronger through trades, he won't have a owner who will get in the way like he had in Houston.

Too early to really know who comes out of the West.. I'd wait til the moves start happening soon.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the field, because there is no clear cut answer here.

I'm not as sold on Golden State as everyone else appears to be. I may have picked them had they been healthy in 2020, but in 2021 not so much. They're older and coming off injuries, and I can't even name their starting center. They're also counting on Wiggins to be a difference-maker, but I think it's far more likely he injects the Minnesota losing culture into them.

I'll pick the Nuggets only if they acquire Jrue Holiday.

Right now if everything stands as is, my 2021 finals pick is Celtics/Jazz, with Utah moving to 0-3 in finals appearances and Boston reclaiming their rightful spot with the league lead for the most titles.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said clippers. New coach, if the could ever gel, they have talent and crazy depth

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now if everything stands as is, my 2021 finals pick is Celtics/Jazz, with Utah moving to 0-3 in finals appearances and Boston reclaiming their rightful spot with the league lead for the most titles.

LOL

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not as sold on Golden State as everyone else appears to be. I may have picked them had they been healthy in 2020, but in 2021 not so much. They're older and coming off injuries, and I can't even name their starting center. They're also counting on Wiggins to be a difference-maker, but I think it's far more likely he injects the Minnesota losing culture into them.

The jazz?

Gtfo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah.

Utah is that team that always catches hype as a fringe contender.

None of the actual contenders would be thrilled to face them in the first round. But, They just don’t have enough.

Barring major off season moves, the West still goes through the state of California.

BEBond

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the right pieces, the Dubs could make a serious run for a NBA championship.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know you love rooting for and picking the underdog, but Jazz/Celtics? The Jazz aren't better than the Nugs, Clips, Dubs, Lakers, and maybe even Mavs. They aren't making out of the West unless something magically clicks, and likely not even then. And what would now propel the Celtics past the Heat in the east besides your burning hate for Miami? I mean, c'mon ' Cane, with this pick you may as well have just chosen your teams and gone Nugs/Pacers finals and one could finally get a ring.