• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What sucked besides the score today?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL for me was just down right terrible. Now we have struggled run blocking the last few games (since Green and Stephenson went down) but the pass blocking has been decent. Not sure what happened this week but just looked like the team was not prepared and over matched on a few of the match ups. The Falcons I will give them their due credit. They actually came up with a good game plan with limited film to go off of to make Lynch uncomfortable. They took away his ability to move to the right and well the right side of the OL was getting overwhelmed anyway.

Defensively I'm thinking we need to make a switch to one of our safeties covering the RB's. Not often we are going to play teams that have RB's with that type of speed out of the backfield but still not a great look and something I can promise other teams will try to do. Heck I remember in the playoffs against the Patriots they did that same thing over and over. Thankfully our pass rush was getting home but there were about 4-5 plays in that game that Brady missed wide open RB's streaking down the sideline. So this has definitely been an issue not just this season just one teams haven't taken as much advantage of as they could.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this. Paxton looked much more overwhelmed in this one compared to last week. I thought that experience might help him to be a bit calmer in this one but we saw the terrible footwork that has been an issue for him and saw the accuracy issues that come with bad footwork. Good learning experience for the kid but for now Siemian is our guy. Looks like he is expected to start against the Chargers.

The Chargers game in my opinion is a must win game. Don't want to drop to second place and lose to a divisional foe. The Broncos o line has to pick it up and the running game must get going. Siemian since week one was our guy and should be. There should have been no one that thought Lynch was going to be ready this early in his career. Not his time yet. Peace.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers game in my opinion is a must win game. Don't want to drop to second place and lose to a divisional foe. The Broncos o line has to pick it up and the running game must get going. Siemian since week one was our guy and should be. There should have been no one that thought Lynch was going to be ready this early in his career. Not his time yet. Peace.

Well the nice thing for the Broncos is it does sound like both Green and Stephenson will be back. So Sambrailo goes to the bench which automatically improves our OL big time.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O line exposed badly making a previously shitty Falcons D look like the Iron Curtain. Paxton looked like the rookie he is (especially holding the ball too long). Our linebackers trying to guard Coleman were left in the dust repeatedly. Talib and Harris had a few opportunities for big picks but dropped them..

Embarrassing home loss.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games like these happen. A lot to improve on from all fronts of the game (players and coaches). I agree Thursday is a must win, hoping the run game brings it, because it will open everything else up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna chalk this loss up as embarrassing though.

We lost by one TD to a team on fire at 4-1 after we started 4-0.

Surely a poor performance. But we lost to a pretty darn good football team by 1 td with a backup rookie QB making his first step and a banged up OL. I'm not ready to hit the panic button yet.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna chalk this loss up as embarrassing though.

We lost by one TD to a team on fire at 4-1 after we started 4-0.

Surely a poor performance. But we lost to a pretty darn good football team by 1 td with a backup rookie QB making his first step and a banged up OL. I'm not ready to hit the panic button yet.

I agree with the overall notion of this post but I take issue with the score. I think it we can chock a lot of offensive production up to garbage time.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna chalk this loss up as embarrassing though. We lost by one TD to a team on fire at 4-1 after we started 4-0.

23-6 with 2 minutes to go. Not really close. Denver has been outscored through the first 3 qtrs of each game. This is not a good trend. There is a lot to nitpick at this point.

I can easily see SD dropping 24-27 at home on our defense and the offense , no matter who is QB , failing to hit 20 if the OLine continues to play like crap.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost by a touchdown is all I am saying.

This team isn't much different from last year we just found ways to win with good D, and keeping games close. If people thought we were gonna win blowing teams away then I think they got the wrong idea how our team was built going into this year.

Just like last year we are gonna have plenty of high blood pressure games. If you don't like it click the up button on your remote. :)

Not picking on anyone here, but I feel like most fans panic after a loss. Everytime their team loses "we suck"

Matchups are different on a week to week basis. If you have learned anything about the NFL the past few years you should remember that any team is capable of being another team at any point of the season. Besides maybe the Browns of course.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt we need Stephenson back so the other guys can go back to their more comfortable spots. Ugly right now. Trevor injury is more serious than thought and could miss a lot more time than first believed. Surgery is still not out of question. Hopefully, that`s not the case. On the bright side.... Most picked Denver to lose to Panthers and Bengals and be 3-2 at best, yet their 4-1 so YAY !. Scary thing is if Trevor misses multiple gms and Lynch or Davis have to lead this offense....... Looks very dismal. Sorry, but I don`t hold this optimism that Lynch is suddenly going to flip a switch and be your "Dak or Wentz " this year. Think he`s closer to the Goff situation than not. Not ready by a long shot. We`ll see. Hurry back Trevor. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost by a touchdown is all I am saying.

This team isn't much different from last year we just found ways to win with good D, and keeping games close. If people thought we were gonna win blowing teams away then I think they got the wrong idea how our team was built going into this year.

Just like last year we are gonna have plenty of high blood pressure games. If you don't like it click the up button on your remote. :)

Not picking on anyone here, but I feel like most fans panic after a loss. Everytime their team loses "we suck"

Matchups are different on a week to week basis. If you have learned anything about the NFL the past few years you should remember that any team is capable of being another team at any point of the season. Besides maybe the Browns of course.
I don`t think the realistic fans are worried or panicked about a loss. It`s the Qb situation going forward and the O-line woes that looks to be a serious problem. Being 4-1 looks pretty damn good and don`t think anybody thought Denver was going 17-0. It`s the concern about the situation going forward that`s bothersome to me anyway. Who the hell would bitch at being 4-1 on this optimistic board :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt we need Stephenson back so the other guys can go back to their more comfortable spots. Ugly right now. Trevor injury is more serious than thought and could miss a lot more time than first believed. Surgery is still not out of question. Hopefully, that`s not the case. On the bright side.... Most picked Denver to lose to Panthers and Bengals and be 3-2 at best, yet their 4-1 so YAY !. Scary thing is if Trevor misses multiple gms and Lynch or Davis have to lead this offense....... Looks very dismal. Sorry, but I don`t hold this optimism that Lynch is suddenly going to flip a switch and be your "Dak or Wentz " this year. Think he`s closer to the Goff situation than not. Not ready by a long shot. We`ll see. Hurry back Trevor. :)

Few things...

1) It is already being reported that Trevor is ready to go and will start in the Chargers game. So not sure where you heard that the injury is more serious than first thought.

2) I guess I'm not going to let one game where our OL struggled completely destroy my view of Lynch. While yes he is a rookie and yes he will have his struggles if he starts for a while I don't think you can say that Siemian's start this year was much better. In his first 2 games this year he only threw 1 touchdown to 3 interceptions. While yes we won the games it wasn't like Siemian was lighting the world on fire before the Bengals game. Yes he is our better short term starting option and I hope he starts the rest of the year to give Lynch as much time to grow as he needs. But a player making his first start ever and saying he can't get it done would be like saying that Siemian after his first game where he threw 2 interceptions that he was only back up quality. It takes a few games to truly evaluate players. I love Siemian and I'm glad we have seen the growth that we have. That is where patience pays off.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few more things :) ..... not sure where you heard he might start Thursday as I haven't seen that yet but the report I saw stated it was a grade 3 sprain ( partial separation ) and that it could be a few weeks to really see how it heals and that surgery can't be ruled out. As far as your Lynch comments, I'm not surprised at all buddy. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few more things :) ..... not sure where you heard he might start Thursday as I haven't seen that yet but the report I saw stated it was a grade 3 sprain ( partial separation ) and that it could be a few weeks to really see how it heals and that surgery can't be ruled out. As far as your Lynch comments, I'm not surprised at all buddy. :)

I'm sorry that I'm not ready to give up on a player after one start.

Also here is the article about Siemian starting
Broncos' Siemian expected to start at QB on Thursday

I just haven't seen anything that says what you have posted here. As many know I read quite a bit of Broncos information throughout the day so I would think I would come across something like that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh never mind just found it. Sorry @randymon.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about to hit ya up with the Glaser report. :)

He seems to be the only one reporting it right now. I've seen multiple people report it isn't as bad as it could have been and that he will be the starter this Thursday.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry that I'm not ready to give up on a player after one start.

Also here is the article about Siemian starting
Broncos' Siemian expected to start at QB on Thursday

I just haven't seen anything that says what you have posted here. As many know I read quite a bit of Broncos information throughout the day so I would think I would come across something like that.

From the link:

"When the Broncos travel to San Diego to take on the hapless ChargersThursday night..."

(Emphasis mine.)

I have to say, this Chargers team is far from hapless. They've been in every game so far and this will by no means be a walk in the park. I just can't stand this kind of "journalism." The Chargers are a capable offense, and even though that defense is nothing special, they've been given a breath of fresh air with Bosa now playing and looking pretty good. The Chargers are at home on a short week. Forget that Qualcomm is a "home away from home" game and there will be more Broncos fans than Chargers fans there. The Broncos still have to travel on a short week. It's a rivalry game, and there is no telling how a game of that nature will play out.

The Broncos SHOULD win. They are the better team across the board, with a lot of room for improvement on offense. But nobody who knows a scrap about football would count out the Chargers or describe them as "hapless."

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about to hit ya up with the Glaser report. :)

I'll wait until I see that confirmed from within the organization. Glazer is a reporter not necessarily concerned with accuracy so much as ratings. And it often shows.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the link:

"When the Broncos travel to San Diego to take on the hapless ChargersThursday night..."

(Emphasis mine.)

I have to say, this Chargers team is far from hapless. They've been in every game so far and this will by no means be a walk in the park. I just can't stand this kind of "journalism." The Chargers are a capable offense, and even though that defense is nothing special, they've been given a breath of fresh air with Bosa now playing and looking pretty good. The Chargers are at home on a short week. Forget that Qualcomm is a "home away from home" game and there will be more Broncos fans than Chargers fans there. The Broncos still have to travel on a short week. It's a rivalry game, and there is no telling how a game of that nature will play out.

The Broncos SHOULD win. They are the better team across the board, with a lot of room for improvement on offense. But nobody who knows a scrap about football would count out the Chargers or describe them as "hapless."

Oh I agree they are far from hapless. I wasn't posting the article for that part of it. I was more posting it just to show that reports are that Siemian will be our starting QB again. So the idea that the shoulder injury is actually far worse than first thought and he might need surgery seem a bit out there. I have read the report that Randymon is thinking of and if that is the case he wouldn't have even been throwing this week at all. I've watched the videos of him throwing and the type of injury that Jay Glazor is describing they wouldn't have him throwing for probably a couple of weeks to let that injury heal up and just see if it needed surgery or not. So the fact that they were even trying to see if he would be a go this past Sunday should show the injury is probably a much lower grade.