• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WHAT SEC TEAM TAKES BAMA DOWN?W

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's schedule is so fucking weak, they only have to worry about 2 games. They'll stomp a mudhole in Aggy, since Aggy sux at home. They will then lose to Swamp Aggie in Tuscy, but still find a way to either win the conference or get in the BCS title game. This is Bama's conference, like it was when the Bear was coaching.

butthurt!! tejas would lose 4 games on Bamas schedule! FACT

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some input - the OL hasn't been overhauled like this since 2010 IIRC, the year Bama lost 3 games. Not saying that's gonna happen again, but just saying.

Also, to be fair, Ohio State plays more ranked teams than Bama does.
I agree with ya on that one sox!

Playing a bunch of No Counts out of conference does not help the strength of your team! Helps the win/loss record, thats all!

In conference, besides LSU and TAMU, well...

LSU will be a push over this season, MOST OVER RANKED team yet this season! Thanks for your accurate reporting Smiles!

LSUs D is in shambles! Plus that convict running the ball, only team in the nation with convicts playing, right sox?:wtf2:

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BHM or Tusc, they both suck, they both are full of Mystic Knights of Nick, and they are both inside Ala-fuckin-bama state lines! Is there a difference, other than you can put more folks in seats to witness the refs doing the" Nicky dance."

Hey! Maybe we will see Nick blow a vessel in his head, while berating some 18 year old kid! At a local watering hole outside New Orleans they have 4 shades of red you can wager Nicks face will turn each time opponents score! Its a win/win situation! If he dies of a stroke, everyone kicks in double!

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird things happen both Tennesee and Auburn put up pretty good fights in 2009 and it took a blocked field goal to beat Tenn. In 2010 South Carolina came out of no where and beat them so I imagine somewhere down the line they will be tested and possibly even beaten.

Its tough to perform at your hightest level week in and week out when everyone has you circled on the schedule. They will be the favorites in every game and probably should win but you never know that is why you play the games.

TY WT! ALL I WAS TRYING TO SAY! :agree:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with ya on that one sox!

LSU will be a push over this season, MOST OVER RANKED team yet this season! Thanks for your accurate reporting Smiles!

LSUs D is in shambles! Plus that convict running the ball, only team in the nation with convicts playing, right sox?

Now you're gettin it :thumb:

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope:WT, I dont know about you, BUT I am really, REALLY looking forward to this season. The last few, we have been so high, Preseason, that sneaking up on anyone was NO OPTION! This year is different, as is for you guys too!
I think Auburn does better than most expect, UF, and Mizzou too. Vandy, Ole Miss about what most expect which is a bowl year and 3-4 max losses! USCe, TAMU, and Bama dont do near what is expected.
(and thats the best part) Uga and Tenn could really surprise, how Tenn surprises is not quite as good as UGA! uGA is in CCG again(unless UF pulls the upset, which is possible) It will come down to Gumps vs Bayou Bengals at that hell hole again this year. We won last time there, we like to embarrass Nick at home! If only you guys could pull it off, that would be SWEEEEET. Its why we line up!

:hope:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for one how can you say Tenn,Arkansas,or Auburn won't put up a fight. Remember smiles, this is not the MWC. As quick as those teams went down through various reasons they can rebound. They have more talent than Boise! So lets say 1 or maybe 2 of them are good this year. San Jose St sucked and has one good year and people like you want to put them as a tough team to play. Just like San Diego St. If that happens Bama plays Virginia Tech (remember them smiles?). They were the greatest team on earth when on Boise's schedule. We play Texas A&M, LSU and if 1 or 2 if those teams surprise which I bet they do ALONG with the SEC title game against one of those east teams. So it could look like:

Va Tech
Texas A&M
LSU,
Auburn,Tenn,Arkansas>>>1 or 2 of them will be good
Ole Miss (seems like so many are saying they are going to be a big surprise except when they play Bama, for some reason)
SEC Champ- either Georgia,South Carolina or Florida

I will not say we have the most difficult schedule but it's also better than you want to pretend. Please list Boise ST. schedule to critique as well.

Lord, BamaTee, are you that stupid? This thread isn't about my team, which yes, is in a lower rated conference and has a tiny fraction of Bama's budget, facilities, and I might add, clueless fans.

Here we have the almost universally acknowledged best team in the country, the Alabama Crimson Tide, playing a schedule that is tailor made for them. 7 home games, and one neutral trip that will be quite friendly. Fully one quarter of the schedule against rented mules, mediocre (hell, horrible) teams hired to come to Tuscaloosa, put up a valiant struggle and then lose. Heck, the Christians vs. the lions in Ancient Rome could have gotten better odds.

Sure, any SEC school could put up a fight, they have enormous budgets, rabid fans, and good talent. But so does Alabama, in spades! And for every big game, the Tide has carefully scheduled break games and bye weeks in between. With the best talent and coaching staff in the nation, they should resign in shame if they do manage to stink it up.

But of course, the fix is in, even if Bama manages to lose one of those games, they will get the benefit of the doubt in the polls. It will take a number of twists for Bama Not to be in the mix for the NCC game, even if they somehow don't go undefeated.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, since good ole Les will let all those brawlers, potheads, academic flops, and so forth play, the Tigers will be pretty good. And he'll be sure to put it to a vote if there is ever a question. So I look for that game in Tuscaloosa to be a good one. Maybe Bama will miss a few more field goals or something, who knows, but my money is still on the Tide.

Bottom line, Saban, even though I hate him, is a better coach than Miles. Second, even though all those hoodlums will play, the Tide has the better team on the field than the Tigers. Just my opinion.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope:WT, I dont know about you, BUT I am really, REALLY looking forward to this season. The last few, we have been so high, Preseason, that sneaking up on anyone was NO OPTION! This year is different, as is for you guys too!
I think Auburn does better than most expect, UF, and Mizzou too. Vandy, Ole Miss about what most expect which is a bowl year and 3-4 max losses! USCe, TAMU, and Bama dont do near what is expected.
(and thats the best part) Uga and Tenn could really surprise, how Tenn surprises is not quite as good as UGA! uGA is in CCG again(unless UF pulls the upset, which is possible) It will come down to Gumps vs Bayou Bengals at that hell hole again this year. We won last time there, we like to embarrass Nick at home! If only you guys could pull it off, that would be SWEEEEET. Its why we line up!

:hope:
Auburn will go bowling other than that I don't have my hopes too high. Tuberville left us with a depleted rooster after 2010 and Chizik mismanaged the situation into a full blown mess. With the number of players we had leave the program between grades, arrest, injuries and incompetence its almost like we put ourselves on probation with self imposed scholarship reductions.

The leadership in Auburn made a horrible mistake when they did not clean out the entire athletic department and let Jay Jacobs stay as AD or Jay Gogue as president for that matter. It looks like they depleted Jacob's power and are outsourcing many of his duties but how is that a solution?

Auburn has put a bandaid on the problem and it looks like the powers that be are just waiting for Gogue to retire and the rest of us just have to wait it out. There will be better days for Auburn of that I am sure.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC East champion will win the SEC title, this year.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some input - the OL hasn't been overhauled like this since 2010 IIRC, the year Bama lost 3 games. Not saying that's gonna happen again, but just saying.

Also, to be fair, Ohio State plays more ranked teams than Bama does.

We actually talked about this today on my Bama board. There are a lot of differences that you're not noticing though, remember that year we had a pretty tough schedule, we had SCAR, Cam Newton lead Auburn team, LSU, Arkansas, and in 2010 Arkansas was a top 10 team I believe with Ryan Mallett. Also, remember us bitching about SIX teams having a bye week before playing us?

On top of the schedule difficulty, we had lost a TON of good players from our 2009 defense if I'm not mistaken. However, this season we return 8 starters on defense. Our WR core is much better this year than in 2010, and more importantly we have AJ McCarron leading this team, that 2010 team was led by Greg McElroy. Now don't get me wrong, I like McElroy, he was a serviceable QB for us, but he wasn't a guy that would take you down the field and win you a game. In 2010, when people loaded the box to stop Ingram and Richardson, we were fucked, but what happens this year if they try that shit? They'll likely get ass raped by AJ and Cooper.

So in my opinion, due to the easy schedule, and the offensive line being the only position that was hit real hard, I don't think we'll see a 2010 type drop off. But hell, lets not forget that even in 2010 we beat the dog piss out of one of the best B1G teams. :whistle:

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see another Bama/UF SECCG. The two teams have some good history in CCG's and it'd be cool to continue that this season since they haven't played each other very recently. I think UGA will be tough to deal with in the East though.

I honestly have no idea what to expect from Florida. We have enough talent... but so far the smash mouth style of Mushchamp hasn't worked.. .our QB has been mediocre... and our new OC is learning that the trick plays that worked on Blue Astroturf against borderline D2 schools in Boise doesn't work in the SEC.

Some of our play calling by him last year was just painful to watch.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly OT....Bama t-shirt via Clay Travis

BSJ0nJ8IgAAwBKp.jpg:large

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05