• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What position do the Lions still need to address?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
copy that - was only effin with y'all

haven't paid much attention to their draft but I would have thought that RB would have been addressed by now

We actually addressed needs for the first 3 rounds of the draft with DE Ansah, CB Slay and Worrford OL/G.....

We hope we helped to address the RB posistion with Reggie Bush in Free Agency.

We did draft Theo Riddick outta ND in the 6th but getting Bush was the route we took.....

I prefer Jahvid Best personaly but don't think He will ever play again, but until he makes it official, I'm clinging onto hope.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually addressed needs for the first 3 rounds of the draft with DE Ansah, CB Slay and Worrford OL/G.....

We hope we helped to address the RB posistion with Reggie Bush in Free Agency.

We did draft Theo Riddick outta ND in the 6th but getting Bush was the route we took.....

I prefer Jahvid Best personaly but don't think He will ever play again, but until he makes it official, I'm clinging onto hope.

Ahhh, that's right. I do remember the Lions picking up Bush.

Good luck this season brother. I am sure we will talk some more.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh, that's right. I do remember the Lions picking up Bush.

Good luck this season brother. I am sure we will talk some more.

No doubt "The Duder" I'm sure you guys will have the Packer thread up and running for me to drop by when we play and cause some havoc.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linebacker will be their biggest glaring weakness. Kicker could very well be second.

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A legit #2WR. Someone who can make the defense pay. Burleson wasn't good last year before injury and Broyles is best off in the slot.

Then again Burleson did just recently say Pat Edwards is going to be great......

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Patrick Edwards remark by Burelson is true and not just fluff.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF you count coaching, then Linehan and Schwartz are our two weakest links.

After that, I would have to say OLB. We have average to decent players there, but we need one good stud. What worries me is in the Wide-9 the LBs have to be better than average to fill multiple and larger gaps the RB can run through. THen they have to be fast enough to help cover TEs and take away the outs for the QBs under pressure from this line.

For this year, the O-line will be hated on. Mark my words, but I dont see it as a glaring weakness. Reiff will have some breakdowns, but that has to be expected, even if we had drafted one of the top OTs. First year starters at LT are going to be beat by the best DEs. Warford will have his break downs simply because he is a rookie. OL usually takes a year or two to get down. They will be better at run blocking, but from a single back set, Bush will be a big run or 2 yard runner. But they will falter in the pass block this year as they gain experience and cohesiveness. So people will call for heads, but as the season goes, they will start to gel and look better. Not a weakness that needs to be addressed, just a weakness that needs experience.

I am NOT worried about the DEs. With Suh and Fairley in the middle, the DEs wont have as much of a learning curve. Especially coming from the Wide-9 scheme. Their jobs will essentially be to go for the QB and if the RB gets the ball, try to get him on the way. Ansah will have 8+ sacks as a rookie and possibly more if Slay does a decent job as a rookie. I still think playing in this scheme, Young will be better than most expect if he is given more playing time. Jones might surprise people as well. He may not be the speedy guy to get to the QB but he might help a lot in stopping the run.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think were set at mascot....Roary single handedly took down Dexter McCluster .....We could use some more of that in the run stopping department.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roary could play OLB!

I think by position the Lions are ok but when you look at the whole you see way to much inexperience! 3 new starters on the O-Line, 2 new DE, 1 new OLB, and possibly 1 new CB as well as K and P.

It's a lot of new guys all at once.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about OLB. We do not need a stud OLB. In fact OLB in a 4-3 defense is one of the last places that you need an impact player. Even the best ones don't really change the dynamic of the game very much unless it is in a very specific type of system.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact OLB in a 4-3 defense is one of the last places that you need an impact player

If you were talking a normal 4-3 -- I'd agree. In the Wide 9 though, the OLB are extremely important, as the DE's are basically there to get upfield and the OLB are responsible for filling the gaps.

If Detroit had quality OLBs -- Detroit would be much better against the run. We have way too many missed tackles.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality is much different than impact. I would argue that impact OLBs are lost in the Wide 9 scheme. They are not asked to be playmakers as much as solid dudes. I think Levy is fine, and I have a hard time believing that anyone will be as bad as Durant.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, and I've said this a few times but can't remember if it was on this thread, the 2nd OLB is only on the field when we're not in the nickel or dime, which is less then half of the time.

Basically he only has to be a solid two-down backer because he's coming out against extra WRs...

Sportsstar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There counting on Whitehead or Lewis to take over the LB pos. Maybe bring in Sedrick Ellis, to complement Fairley and Suh at DT. Another Tackle wouldn't hurt either

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The holes that the wide nine leave require solid tackling LB's. The fact That we have very little exp at DE, only increases that need. OLB needs to be Solid.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The holes that the wide nine leave require solid tackling LB's. The fact That we have very little exp at DE, only increases that need. OLB needs to be Solid.

:agree:

A voice of reason here......Listen up and pay attention.....

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tulloch plays well it will force teams to attack the edges as the Lions will be real strong up the gut.

When we talk about OLB I think the forgotten commodity is Quinn and Delmas. Yes if Delmas stays healthy I get that.

If the safeties provide solid run support the fact we have Levy and an unknown will not be as great a factor as the DE providing a solid pass rush. I think the safties will help support the OLB really well.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that you want a solid guy there. That doesn't take away that it is the tenth and twelve most important positions in the defense. Nickelback beats out the second OLB. You could make an argument that third DT or DE could because they'll probably get more snaps than your starting OLB.