• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what pisses me off the most

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not go for it on 4th down on the goal line?? same shit as the last couple years, play the field goal and lean on the d.

our offensive line was bitch slapped today big time

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the mentality but I actually didn't mind the call as points were at a premium then.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not go for it on 4th down on the goal line?? same shit as the last couple years, play the field goal and lean on the d.

our offensive line was bitch slapped today big time

Injuries take toll on 49ers as five-game win streak snapped | CSN Bay Area

The injuries to Davis and Celek prevented the 49ers from going with their short-yardage package. And that, in turn, prevented Harbaugh from going for it on fourth-and-1 from the Panthers’ 2-yard line late in the first half, he said. The 49ers settled for a short field goal.

“We were out of a couple of personnel groups we wanted to be in in that situation,” Harbaugh said. “Both Celek and Vernon Davis were out, and we needed some time to move some personnel around and accommodate that situation.”

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was the right call. it made it 2 score game. with the way our D played it would of been tough for Carolina to win but we gave it away with a fumble with hunter where gore should of got the ball.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with that call. There were pros and cons either way. It made it a 2 possession game and Harbaugh rightfully had confidence in his defense. I wouldn't have had a problem with it either had he decided to go for it. Either call would've been a rational one. My main question for the coaching staff today is why didn't we run the ball more. Also, I know VD was out, but we probably could've tried more deep passes.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played for fgs before and lost games from that... When will the coaches learn???

Harbs using Davis n celek as an excuse is weak. Pack an extra blocker n push with gore

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take advantage of the field trip position... Carolina has a good defense, did harbs thought highly Of his offense?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take advantage of the field trip position... Carolina has a good defense, did harbs thought highly Of his offense?

You just said it tho.... Carolina has a good defense. Say we miss that and guess what we are down 7-6 most of the game then everyone's bitching we didn't go for the fg. Normally I like to go for it there. But it was a defensive battle points are at a premium. No problem with that call.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said it tho.... Carolina has a good defense. Say we miss that and guess what we are down 7-6 most of the game then everyone's bitching we didn't go for the fg. Normally I like to go for it there. But it was a defensive battle points are at a premium. No problem with that call.

well at that point we're 6-0 pts wise... if we cant get a TD we wont win most games... if we cant convert for 2 yards or really just 1 for a first, then we dont deserve to win. At that point, Gore and the OL has been getting good pushes, why go away from it? and if we're stuffed, we have Car backed up...

When was the next time the niners entered redzone or breached Carolina territory afterwards?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at that point we're 6-0 pts wise... if we cant get a TD we wont win most games... if we cant convert for 2 yards or really just 1 for a first, then we dont deserve to win. At that point, Gore and the OL has been getting good pushes, why go away from it? and if we're stuffed, we have Car backed up...

When was the next time the niners entered redzone or breached Carolina territory afterwards?

That last sentence is not a good argument. Or it's only something you argue because we didn't get there after that. I honestly think at that time points are at the premium against a geat defense.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last sentence is not a good argument. Or it's only something you argue because we didn't get there after that. I honestly think at that time points are at the premium against a geat defense.

the last sentence was in response to the most commonly used defense that Carolina has a good defense..

So why should that prevent us from trying to get 7 when we are at the Car 3 or 2 with a possible first down sight before a TD....

If your(general) saying that carolina has this monster defense, wouldn't be advantageous for the Niners to go for the big points in case the offense can't move the ball against them later on?

Even if it was an avg defense, you're at the 2/3 yard line, go for it... I've seen, you've seen, we've all seen teams that settle for FGs whether its Niners or other, end up losing to the teams who score that TD or 2....

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last sentence was in response to the most commonly used defense that Carolina has a good defense..

So why should that prevent us from trying to get 7 when we are at the Car 3 or 2 with a possible first down sight before a TD....

If your(general) saying that carolina has this monster defense, wouldn't be advantageous for the Niners to go for the big points in case the offense can't move the ball against them later on?

Even if it was an avg defense, you're at the 2/3 yard line, go for it... I've seen, you've seen, we've all seen teams that settle for FGs whether its Niners or other, end up losing to the teams who score that TD or 2....

All I can say its easy to say something like that after we lost. I understand the going for more points but there should be no criticism in that decision. Noticing wrong with taking points then.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say its easy to say something like that after we lost. I understand the going for more points but there should be no criticism in that decision. Noticing wrong with taking points then.

I wouldn't say that cost us the game obviously, but it was a great opportunity passed IMHO... I called it in the gamethread that I've seen this story before, settle for FGs and bam, game over and lost... It's a vibe man, Harbaugh needs to be more ballsy and make that call to go for it at that time...

I understand in getting points but for me the reward outweighs the risk when your knocking on the door. I'd go for it and not settle.... stuffed only means the panthers start at their endzone.

if it was our first possesion I wouldn't be too distraught, still wanted to go for it but understandably its the first points, if it was our 2nd attempt, well, we're so close that i'd still go for it but very well... but the 3rd attempt, no way, get the 7... push it to 13-0...

Totally forces Carolina a different type of attack... 9-0 they wouldn't change much in their gameplan, 13-0 would've changed things up/thinking...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll put our running game against any d in the league. that was our chance to punch that tough front 7 in the mouth.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'll put our running game against any d in the league. that was our chance to punch that tough front 7 in the mouth.

Niners got knocked backwards in several short yardage situations yesterday. I think their chance to get a first down or td on that play were maybe 50/50. That is a tough front 7 they have, better than our right now.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I understand the points are a premium argument but I think the FG was the wrong call when you weigh the risk vs reward aspect of it.

Because points were a premium and the with a offense that was sputtering when you get that close you have to believe you can get the yard and go for it. A TD there would've put Carolina in a position to have to score 2 TDs to win and a TD and two FG to tie which in this game would've been far tougher than the TD and FG they got to win.

Even you don't make the 4th you've pinned them deep into their territory and you play for a 3 and out and hope for good field position.

It just seems like in general whenever you go conservative it bites you in the back more than if you are ballsy. I mean it's the reason defensive head coaches get canned so often is they take a conservative approach.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the points are a premium argument but I think the FG was the wrong call when you weigh the risk vs reward aspect of it.

Because points were a premium and the with a offense that was sputtering when you get that close you have to believe you can get the yard and go for it. A TD there would've put Carolina in a position to have to score 2 TDs to win and a TD and two FG to tie which in this game would've been far tougher than the TD and FG they got to win.

Even you don't make the 4th you've pinned them deep into their territory and you play for a 3 and out and hope for good field position.

It just seems like in general whenever you go conservative it bites you in the back more than if you are ballsy. I mean it's the reason defensive head coaches get canned so often is they take a conservative approach.

This has always been my approach especially with how great our D is playing.