• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what pisses me off the most

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 & 1 on Carolina's goal line, and we kick a field goal. Points at a premium is a bunch of BS during the 1st qt. Punch the other team in the mouth and shove the ball down their mother f*cking throat and score a TD.

Harbaugh seems to be getting out coached a lot this year and it all started back in the Superbowl. :gaah:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not go for it on 4th down on the goal line?? same shit as the last couple years, play the field goal and lean on the d.

our offensive line was bitch slapped today big time

I knew we were dead when we settled for a field goal with Davis being injured. I am amazed that this offensive line still remains so over-rated with their sieve-like peformance on passing plays.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not choosing between 13-0 or 9-0. It also includes 6-0. If that happened and all the rest stayed the same, we'd say that those three points we didn't take forced Kaepernick to need a TD at the end, not a FG, hence, the INT. There will always be second guesses in losses and rules of thumb on taking points is there for a reason. Statistically, tried and true, generally speaking, of course.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What pisses me off is that Carolina fumbled twice at the end and the ball just didn't bounce our way. We could have escaped with a W.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners got knocked backwards in several short yardage situations yesterday. I think their chance to get a first down or td on that play were maybe 50/50. That is a tough front 7 they have, better than our right now.

Especially with the slow developing plays the 49ers use in their running game. They pop them sometimes but in short yardage situations they are extremely vulnerable to getting hit behind the line of scrimmage.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What pisses me off is that Carolina fumbled twice at the end and the ball just didn't bounce our way. We could have escaped with a W.

That first one was right in Whitner's hands. He simply bumbled it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew we were dead when we settled for a field goal with Davis being injured. I am amazed that this offensive line still remains so over-rated with their sieve-like peformance on passing plays.

Our oline is strongest for the run, not the pass, even last year, even with a sack-happy Smith. Take a Kaepernick who appeared injured, hesitant, or told not to run much in the first few games, our pass offense wasn't/won't be maximized, with our oline.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems like in general whenever you go conservative it bites you in the back more than if you are ballsy. I mean it's the reason defensive head coaches get canned so often is they take a conservative approach.

I partially agree with this, but also think it's about proportion. At the end of a game, aggressive or conservative approaches both get bashed if they don't work. When an aggressive one works, you're a genius, any time of game. If conservative works, it generally goes unnoticed, except in hindsight end of game situations.

My point? If we tend not to notice conservative play when it works, it's going to look bad, despite the statistical support for it (how often aggressive works, how success/failure affects the rest of the game, number of scores the opponent is down by, etc.). Either approach, if it works, is right and if it doesn't, is wrong. Statistically, you take the points (any one drive can go against that, so for eternal optimists like myself, it's hard - I would take too many risks as a coach).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that cost us the game obviously, but it was a great opportunity passed IMHO... I called it in the gamethread that I've seen this story before, settle for FGs and bam, game over and lost... It's a vibe man, Harbaugh needs to be more ballsy and make that call to go for it at that time.

I thought that level of conservative nature was over when we made the QB switch, seeing the side if effects of going for deeper plays early when we started out against opponents 3 and out slow in the playoffs. Different gameplan it seemed than with Smith. But if we are working through oline problems, WR problems, and a young QB, the settling for field goals seems to be here no matter what.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that cost us the game obviously, but it was a great opportunity passed IMHO... I called it in the gamethread that I've seen this story before, settle for FGs and bam, game over and lost... It's a vibe man, Harbaugh needs to be more ballsy and make that call to go for it at that time.

I thought that level of conservative nature was over when we made the QB switch, seeing the side if effects of going for deeper plays early when we started out against opponents 3 and out slow in the playoffs. Different gameplan it seemed than with Smith. But if we are working through oline problems, WR problems, and a young QB, the settling for field goals seems to be here no matter what. I'm glad we didn't miss that FG like Akers - then I would feel Kaepernick's INT was due to needing a TD and not a FG at the end.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've spent a lot of time on this but little on the 2nd and 1 fumble in the first half.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that level of conservative nature was over when we made the QB switch, seeing the side if effects of going for deeper plays early when we started out against opponents 3 and out slow in the playoffs. Different gameplan it seemed than with Smith. But if we are working through oline problems, WR problems, and a young QB, the settling for field goals seems to be here no matter what. I'm glad we didn't miss that FG like Akers - then I would feel Kaepernick's INT was due to needing a TD and not a FG at the end.

we're talking about a 4th n 1 on Car 2 yard line... its a different story if it was on Car 10, 20, 30 etc....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've spent a lot of time on this but little on the 2nd and 1 fumble in the first half.

that fumble was bullsh*t but personally i felt the universe evened itself out at the same time... I thought Davis fumbled the ball from before therefore, karma...