• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What, no "Cam Newton is a whiny loser" thread this week?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When isn't an illegal defensive hit not the fault of the defender? Sounds like you're the one trying to blame the victim.
You're missing the point. I already said it may or may not have been a penalty? The fact is if Cam runs in instead of being a punk it never happens. You're right about one thing the collision would've been more violent. With Cam likely getting tge best of it. The dude is a beast. Well until he punks out like on this play and not jumping on the fumble last year.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought players in the concussion protocol were not allowed to face the press after the game? Did he do a press conference after the game, because he shouldn't have.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That blew my mind, WHY did eff stop right before the goal line, It looks to me if he kept running hard he's in for two and misses the hit. The fact he stopped running hard is unbelievable and what thought he was already in??

:crazy:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point. I already said it may or may not have been a penalty? The fact is if Cam runs in instead of being a punk it never happens. You're right about one thing the collision would've been more violent. With Cam likely getting tge best of it. The dude is a beast. Well until he punks out like on this play and not jumping on the fumble last year.

Maybe, maybe not. Certainly looks like he's bracing for the hit. Defenders seem to have no fear of going after his head, as it seems to happen every game.

See the hit that knocked Cam Newton out of Sunday's game

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not. Certainly looks like he's bracing for the hit. Defenders seem to have no fear of going after his head, as it seems to happen every game.

See the hit that knocked Cam Newton out of Sunday's game
You're embelishing just a tad. The defender hit him with his shoulder first.
Strange every sports page I pull up, NFL Network and even the four letter sports channel all seem to agree with me and the others. Not to mention the back up QB said it could've been avoided. Enjoy living in your world.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're embelishing just a tad. The defender hit him with his shoulder first.
Strange every sports page I pull up, NFL Network and even the four letter sports channel all seem to agree with me and the others. Not to mention the back up QB said it could've been avoided. Enjoy living in your world.

What could've been avoided? The hit altogether or the helmet contact? The helmet contact is 100% on the defender, not Cam. Cam was getting hit trying to run it in regardless. He tried to brace himself instead of being the aggressor, and that may have hurt him, but the rookie LB was launching high.

It's not like it wasn't an impactful hit to the helmet; it left him concussed.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What could've been avoided? The hit altogether or the helmet contact? The helmet contact is 100% on the defender, not Cam. Cam was getting hit trying to run it in regardless. He tried to brace himself instead of being the aggressor, and that may have hurt him, but the rookie LB was launching high.

It's not like it wasn't an impactful hit to the helmet; it left him concussed.
Wow you really like to abuse superlatives.
Yes he would've been hit, it's football. I'll type real real slow so maybe you get it this time. If Sham runs into the EZ instead of starting to showboat, he arrives earlier. The same hit doesn't happen because the two players are at a different spot on the field. Could it still be a helmet to helmet? Maybe? It could just as easy be Cam running over the LB.
Cam was likely still concussed from the previous weeks when the team should've done the right thing and had taken him out.

Quick question for you. How many excuses do you have left? I want to get tge asprin and whiskey ready:what::drink:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helmet to helmet is not always the defenders fault. It is why they put the rule in (that they rarely enforce) that RB's cannot just lower their head and charge at a defender. They make the strike zone so small where you don't hit the head in some way. Or you have these guys who are 5'7" who then get low again making it hard to actually break down and get low enough to make a legal and technically sound hit. Or how about those hits that a guy has a player wrapped up around the legs and sees another defender coming at him so he ducks (human instinct) which lowers his head. The NFL has made it very difficult to be a good defender in the NFL. Players tell other players they don't want them to hit them in the knees but the NFL tells players if you hit the head you will get fined. You have players ranging from 5'7" to that of 6'5".

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helmet to helmet is not always the defenders fault. It is why they put the rule in (that they rarely enforce) that RB's cannot just lower their head and charge at a defender. They make the strike zone so small where you don't hit the head in some way. Or you have these guys who are 5'7" who then get low again making it hard to actually break down and get low enough to make a legal and technically sound hit. Or how about those hits that a guy has a player wrapped up around the legs and sees another defender coming at him so he ducks (human instinct) which lowers his head. The NFL has made it very difficult to be a good defender in the NFL. Players tell other players they don't want them to hit them in the knees but the NFL tells players if you hit the head you will get fined. You have players ranging from 5'7" to that of 6'5".

I didn't say it was always the case, but it is definitely in this case.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you really like to abuse superlatives.
Yes he would've been hit, it's football. I'll type real real slow so maybe you get it this time. If Sham runs into the EZ instead of starting to showboat, he arrives earlier. The same hit doesn't happen because the two players are at a different spot on the field. Could it still be a helmet to helmet? Maybe? It could just as easy be Cam running over the LB.
Cam was likely still concussed from the previous weeks when the team should've done the right thing and had taken him out.

Quick question for you. How many excuses do you have left? I want to get tge asprin and whiskey ready:what::drink:

It's all conjecture, it didn't happen differently so we can't know for sure. You clearly have a dislike for Cam that is clouding your judgement (starting to showboat? he's clearly shrinking away from the hit).

Your comment about still being concussed from the week before (despite passing all concussion tests after the game) is very flimsy.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because it wasn't called. Be ready for the fine...
No, it wasn't a called because it's not a penalty. It's not illegal to hit a runner in the helmet, and Cam was a runner.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helmet to helmet is not always the defenders fault. It is why they put the rule in (that they rarely enforce) that RB's cannot just lower their head and charge at a defender. They make the strike zone so small where you don't hit the head in some way. Or you have the. guys who are 5'7" who then get low again making it hard to actually break down and get low enough to make a legal and technically sound hit. Or how about those hits that a guy has a player wrapped up around the legs and sees another defender coming at him so he ducks (human instinct) which lowers his head. The NFL has made it very difficult to be a good defender in the NFL. Players tell other players they don't want them to hit them in the knees but the NFL tells players if you hit the head you will get fined. You have players ranging from 5'7" to that of 6'5".
Very true and it's also subjective. In this particular case the defender's shoulder made contact firts. The two helmets made contact. Could it have been called sure. Then again we bitch when a defender's hand hits a QBs helmet with far less impact then your parents hit you. But by the regulation it gets flagged. The officials need to be given some room to interpret the intent, outcome of the potential penalty. You got to let them play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true and it's also subjective. In this particular case the defender's shoulder made contact firts. The two helmets made contact. Could it have been called sure. Then again we bitch when a defender's hand hits a QBs helmet with far less impact then your parents hit you. But by the regulation it gets flagged. The officials need to be given some room to interpret the intent, outcome of the potential penalty. You got to let them play.

Oh I agree with all of this. We have seen plenty of times where the player didn't even hit the helmet but because they hit them so hard the head snapped so they throw the flag. Right now I would hate to be an official having to call these games. Way too many rules for them to try and interpret in a matter of half a second and make a possibly game changing decision.

Now I have no problem admitting the Broncos week 1 should have been flagged more for hitting Cam. Teams though have figured out that the Panthers struggle when teams punch them in the mouth early. So teams are trying for the bigger hits. And when you do that sometimes you launch a little higher than you planned. I don't think these teams are trying to be dirty just trying to be extra physical. Cam needs to learn that teams are trying to hit him all the harder this year and adjust.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams will keep going after Cam's head until they start getting flagged for it.

That's football.