• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What, no "Cam Newton is a whiny loser" thread this week?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all conjecture, it didn't happen differently so we can't know for sure. You clearly have a dislike for Cam that is clouding your judgement (starting to showboat? he's clearly shrinking away from the hit).

Your comment about still being concussed from the week before (despite passing all concussion tests after the game) is very flimsy.
No doubt I have no love for Cam. Watch the sports channels or read the stories everyone is disagreeing with you. He starts to stroll into the EZ likely not realizing how much distance the LB is covering. You're right it is conjecture who knows if Cam runs into the EZ maybe he's concussed worse?

Nice world you live in. One minute you're complaining about Cam getting hit in the head with little to no penalties. Yet even though the majority of fans and reporters clearly think Cam should've been removed from last weeks game for at least a play. Yet now you think the concussion protocol is being followe:doh:
Ok I'm off to get my first asprin and shot.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He led with his shoulder just because you hit someone with your helmet does not mean it was intentional
Not on fictional shopson67ville island. It's a magical place. Whenever you're there you are always right.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree with all of this. We have seen plenty of times where the player didn't even hit the helmet but because they hit them so hard the head snapped so they throw the flag. Right now I would hate to be an official having to call these games. Way too many rules for them to try and interpret in a matter of half a second and make a possibly game changing decision.

Now I have no problem admitting the Broncos week 1 should have been flagged more for hitting Cam. Teams though have figured out that the Panthers struggle when teams punch them in the mouth early. So teams are trying for the bigger hits. And when you do that sometimes you launch a little higher than you planned. I don't think these teams are trying to be dirty just trying to be extra physical. Cam needs to learn that teams are trying to hit him all the harder this year and adjust.
Agree on the officials piece. I used to umpire and ref hoops. You learn quickly half the people love you the other half hate you.
Sorry based solely by the rule book I think Denver should've been penalized more.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on fictional shopson67ville island. It's a magical place. Whenever you're there you are always right.

Intent doesn't matter with a helmet to helmet hit. Going high on a runner with no effort to wrap up is pretty indicative that he wasn't going for a tackle, was looking for maximum impact. If you go to high and that ends up with helmet to helmet contact, that should be an unnecessary roughness penalty, intended or not.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam needs to learn that teams are trying to hit him all the harder this year and adjust.

Unfortunately, this is where his ego comes into play. Maybe he'll adjust if he has to sit out a week.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet highly likely. You get predisposed to them after one or two.

Sure, but that implies that he got one. If so, the tests aren't thorough enough (or legitimate), which could very well be the case. I certainly wouldn't trust the NFL with my physical well-being.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but that implies that he got one. If so, the tests aren't thorough enough (or legitimate), which could very well be the case. I certainly wouldn't trust the NFL with my physical well-being.

My shekels are going down on the "he did get one" side of things..

Probably hasn't been right since Denver smacked him around.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
687474703a2f2f7777772e6e6f727468636173746c652e636f2e756b2f6775696c642f6172742f616e6e615f6c2f6c696e6b312e6a7067

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a more serious note, Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8 deals with helmet to helmet hits.

It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team’s end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul.
This hit wasn't the top/crown of his helmet, therefore it would be legal.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the officials piece. I used to umpire and ref hoops. You learn quickly half the people love you the other half hate you.
Sorry based solely by the rule book I think Denver should've been penalized more.
Oh I agree they should have been more penalized. I have not disagreed with that point once. I have disagreed with people calling the Broncos dirty after that game as we have seen every week those type of things have happened to Cam. Just part of when you play a physical team like the Panthers that you try to match that physicality and sometimes it means you don't stay disciplined when going for the tackle.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, this is where his ego comes into play. Maybe he'll adjust if he has to sit out a week.

We have seen quite a few QB's that they just never change their nature. RGIII, Steve Young, Big Ben. All these guys come to mind of having a certain playing style and while it is great when they are healthy it does lead to them missing games. So you take the good with the bad. Cam up to this point has held up pretty well but what we see is that once the injuries start setting in they just begin to snowball. So while he can adjust I just don't see him doing it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree they should have been more penalized. I have not disagreed with that point once. I have disagreed with people calling the Broncos dirty after that game as we have seen every week those type of things have happened to Cam. Just part of when you play a physical team like the Panthers that you try to match that physicality and sometimes it means you don't stay disciplined when going for the tackle.
Oh my bad I thought you inferred Denver shouldn't have been flagged:yo:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's probably partially his ego and partially that he is just so big and strong that he's run over people most of his life and old habits are hard to break.

Just my 2 cents but I don't think the hit was illegal unlike the hits week one. It looked to me like he didn't see the d man coming and put his head down at the last second and they collided. When I saw the replay it didn't occur to me that it was illegal. Damn impressive that he didn't go down and got the ball in.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably partially his ego and partially that he is just so big and strong that he's run over people most of his life and old habits are hard to break.

Agreed, it's going to be extremely difficult to get him to start sliding.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, it's going to be extremely difficult to get him to start sliding.

For his own good he needs to use his head a little more like Wilson does. Wilson runs when necessary but knows he only has so many hits in him. Vick on the other hand never did learn to throw the ball away and he rarely made it through a season. It was fun to watch him try and keep plays alive but you knew eventually he'd take one too many and the back up will be in.

What makes matters worse for guys Cam's size (And Big Ben) is that every defenseman know's you have to really tank him to get him down so they're putting everything into every hit. The refs have seen Cam and Ben shake off big shots so they aren't going to blow an early whistle and take that part of their game away from them which invites even bigger hits.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wasn't ruled helmet to helmet as the DB did not use the crown of his helmet

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a more serious note, Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8 deals with helmet to helmet hits.

It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team’s end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul.
This hit wasn't the top/crown of his helmet, therefore it would be legal.

OK, I thought you were arguing that helmet to helmet contact is only illegal in the pocket, mixed a few post together apparently. I guess it depends on what they call the crown of the helmet, as the hit was with more of the right front of the helmet than the direct center. Seems a bit nit-picky though. It's not like it was an inadvertant, side-to-side Stooges-style head impact.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I thought you were arguing that helmet to helmet contact is only illegal in the pocket, mixed a few post together apparently. I guess it depends on what they call the crown of the helmet, as the hit was with more of the right front of the helmet than the direct center. Seems a bit nit-picky though. It's not like it was an inadvertant, side-to-side Stooges-style head impact.
Well he led with his shoulder, not his head. As long as the player isn't considered defenseless (which Cam would not be in this case), they aren't going to flag that.