• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What makes people think the Lions are a Free Agent Destination ?

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's your opinion, and one that's clearly being influenced by losing Suh.

The guy is good, he's not the difference between an 11 win team and an 8 win team. The Dolphins simply weren't/aren't as good as you're giving them credit for, imo.

I would put Miami's over/under wins at 9 for next year. I would put Detroit at 8 at very best. There's just no substantial evidence that currently "from top to bottom Detroit is significantly better". Not unless your very biased.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean offenses lead by guys like Jay Cutler, Clausen, Bridgewater, Stanton, and McCown?

Do you have a point here that is relevant given that those are the same type of guys the Dolphins faced for half of the games they played? What was the reason for writing it? In what way exactly does it so much as even alter the premise of my statement?

They played half of their games against garbage offenses and a whole one game against a top 10 offense, and they hung 39 on them. Try again.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put Miami's over/under wins at 9 for next year. I would put Detroit at 8 at very best. There's just no substantial evidence that currently "from top to bottom Detroit is significantly better". Not unless your very biased.
Wow. A defensive tackle is worth 3 wins all by himself?

I'll concede this debate and even give you the satisfaction of "winning" then, because if that's really how strongly you feel about the guy then there's no sense in me continuing the discussion. Suh is good, but seom of you guys are just being straight-up irrational today.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a point here that is relevant given that those are the same type of guys the Dolphins faced for half of the games they played? What was the reason for writing it? In what way exactly does it so much as even alter the premise of my statement?

They played half of their games against garbage offenses and a whole one game against a top 10 offense, and they hung 39 on them. Try again.

The point was that all teams play good and bad offenses.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's irrational? You're saying a team who we barely beat in our house, is significantly worse after taking our best player.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was that all teams play good and bad offenses.

Well they played a lot of them so referring to a defense as "beastly" after beating up on bottom feeders seems a bit over the top to me.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's irrational? You're saying a team who we barely beat in our house, is significantly worse after taking our best player.

It's not worth it. It's a rainbow roller coaster with these guys.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not worth it. It's a rainbow roller coaster with these guys.

So that didn't happen? :scratch: I mean I've had substantially more to drink in the last week than normal but I was pretty sure I was at least looking at the correct year.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they played a lot of them so referring to a defense as "beastly" after beating up on bottom feeders seems a bit over the top to me.

My bad. I took your statement out of context, assumed you were making it comparison of the 2 defenses. I agree, Miami was not a beast on defense last year.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's D was "beast" last year? They have up 9yards less a game passing than us, gave up 50yards more rushing, and 7 more pts a game. That D was about middle of the road last year. Suh will definitely help that D, but to call them beastly last year is a bit of a stretch imo.

They were 6th against the pass. Played Brady twice, Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Cutler (early in the season), Phillip Rivers, Joe Flacco and the king of passing yards himself... Stafford. The rest of the QB's might of been shitty but I think overall it evens out on a whole. Still 6th against the pass. Add the best pass rushing DT in football and that doesn't hurt you.

Run defense was 21st but Suh will change that in a heartbeat.

They will easily sport a top ten defense next season. Especially if Dion Jordan pans out with all the attention given to the other side of the line.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Reid is our starting DT now because the rosters, for some reason, are now locked before free agency has even started, let alone the draft.

I get that people's estrogen levels are all screwed up over this Suh stuff, but c'mon! A little common sense still applies, I would think.

And Clay is better than Ebron right now. He's also not a Miami Dolphin unless and until they re-sign him, and it doesn't sound like that's going to happen, so...

I'm not pissed about it. I saw that shit coming last year. "changing agents" blah blah blah. Not saying a peep all year. Too bad the GM couldn't see it right under his nose and make preparations. Instead he declines Fairley and spends just a 4th rounder on Reid.

I understand the dude had a great draft the year before last but this cap management/ handling of Suh is a major black eye on Mayhew's resume. I think even you have to agree.