• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What makes people think the Lions are a Free Agent Destination ?

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I've heard this week is "Use that money to sign 3-5 fringe Pro Bowl players. Last time I checked its Detroit. When the hell have we ever signed these types of players in multiples? I just see the free agent market slowly slipping through our fingers and all of us sitting her with our thumbs up our asses.

As much as I hate seeing that kind of salary being designated for one player it just makes me sick we've just lost the best player since #20.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time we were 11-5 or better?

phantomfoul88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at one seasons without a playoff win. Pull the whiskers out of your butt!
I'm not totally upset, the money in honesty made me sick but I'm fearful to see what's on the horizon. Suh was a sure thing. Plan B at this point is a joke.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money is part of the game. Teams are willing to overpay. That's what bad teams do. Nothing you can do about. We move just move on. 1 player will never decide the success of a team. Especially on defense.

phantomfoul88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree, I'm just tired of trying to build a team on "What If's". It's a yearly thing with these bozo's, with Suh we were comforted with a sure thing. I'm very skeptical when it comes to signing free agents here.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate seeing that kind of salary being designated for one player it just makes me sick we've just lost the best player since #20.

Yeah but I would hate to see another LIFER player on the road to the HoF go Ringless stuck in Detroit.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really don't have to be. I think we need to add a 2-3 legit starters that upgrade the roster. Preferabley an o-lineman, a dt, a corner and a speed runningback. The Lions are a playoff team with a solid core where any free agent signed in that role will make an impact. That is attractive IMO.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Micro what if Fairly leaves? Answer the question.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer to the thread title is simple: money. If you've just witnessed all this with Suh and still can't comprehend that it's all about the cash for these players then I don't know what to tell you...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer to the thread title is simple: money. If you've just witnessed all this with Suh and still can't comprehend that it's all about the cash for these players then I don't know what to tell you...

A player of Suh's caliber will never sign here regardless of money. Miami, Florida obviously has a lot to offer anyone.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player of Suh's caliber will never sign here regardless of money. Miami, Florida obviously has a lot to offer anyone.
Warm weather, sandy beaches, no state tax and golf year round.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew will draft another WR or RB or TE. No worries.

You guys think I'm trying to be funny. Mayhew decided not to pick up Farley's 5th year option then passed on Aaron Donaldson for Eric Ebron. All with Suh headed out the door.

Will not shock me one bit to see Mayhew take a WR or RB in round 1 this year. He can't help it. He always wanted to be a receiver but he couldn't catch. So he became a CB. Now he lives vicariously through every damn WR, RB and TE he can throw a draft card at.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys think I'm trying to be funny. Mayhew decided not to pick up Farley's 5th year option then passed on Aaron Donaldson for Eric Ebron. All with Suh headed out the door.

Will not shock me one bit to see Mayhew take a WR or RB in round 1 this year. He can't help it. He always wanted to be a receiver but he couldn't catch. So he became a CB. Now he lives vicariously through every damn WR, RB and TE he can throw a draft card at.
I get the feeling you aren't a fan of Mayhew.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wants to do the math? 19 mil. No state tax in Florida.....17 mil and state tax in Michigan.........I won't do the math, but sure Michigan ends up on the wrong side of that coin....Blame Michigan politics for why Athletes don't want to play there.

Always follow the money, and you find your answer....Good character and work ethic isn't the norm anymore.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not always about money for most players. It is usually the most important, but it's not the only factor. The Lions are a playoff team with a stable QB, a coach that players like to play for, and has a track record of trying to pay their guys. We may not be a top destination, but we aren't the damned Jags or Raiders.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money is part of the game. Teams are willing to overpay. That's what bad teams do

And that is exactly what a crappy Dolphins team did in this case. Suh will be lucky to see another playoff game from anywhere but his couch.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, the Dolphins have been a garbage franchise over the years at signing FA's that they think would put them over the edge(Culpepper was my favorite). But, consider them lucky on this one. Their defense will be stout. Maybe not number 2 like ours last year, but top 10 for sure. They have Cameron Wake and Brent Grimes as All-Pro talent, added to solid guys like Vernon at DE(24 years old, 18 sacks last 2 seasons), Reshad Jones an underrated Saftey, and a breakout LB from last year Jelani Jenkins. That combo at 2DE/LB/S is better than what we had last year. And Suh will make them better.

On offense, they have Tannehill(outproduced Stafford last year by a good margin) and an OC who appears to know what the hell he's doing despite not having weapon on top of weapon on offense. They need a couple guys on offense, but they still have shown more promise than our shitfest of an offense of last year.

Not to dick ride the Dolphins, but I felt I had to dispute this notion that they are a "dumpster fire" and we are significantly better. We are not.