• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What kind of play call was that?!?!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th and 1. You don’t have your starting running back. And you have Galloway, Marvin Jones, Amendola and our top 10 pick (who looks like he blew his wad in the 1st game of the year) all sitting on the sideline.

With the game on the line — we throw to Logan Thomas.

This team is killing me!!!

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell strikes again.

He and Patricia have something in common- they're too smart for their own good.

Idiots.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th and 1. You don’t have your starting running back. And you have Galloway, Marvin Jones, Amendola and our top 10 pick (who looks like he blew his wad in the 1st game of the year) all sitting on the sideline.

Just do what I do and be glad every team in the division lost today.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It looked to me like Stafford was trying to go underneath and it wasn't there. So by the time he finally throw to Logan it was desperation.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too smart is right.

Once again they have no faith in Stafford. They hand cuff him and put the Lions in a trick formation. Nobody was tricked into thinking the Lions would run.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on bruhs give fatty p a break. Hes a genius, he fooled everyone there. Jk what a fucking clown. Would almost rather see AB coaching here, at least i would be entertained.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked to me like Stafford was trying to go underneath and it wasn't there. So by the time he finally throw to Logan it was desperation.

We had Golladay, Marvin Jones, Amendola and Hockenson on the sidelines.

Makes no sense. NO ONE is thinking the Lions are running Ty Johnson or McKissic on the play.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would at least need a big back to at least put even a tiny bit of doubt in the defense that we could run it. Slashers are not getting the ball at the goal line.

Bevell choked again. I would still take him over JB Pussy or Loser Lombardi any day of the week and twice on the weekends.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just do what I do and be glad every team in the division lost today.

That is okay to think when you are 1st place in the division. Not trying to make up games.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody was tricked into thinking the Lions would run.

That was obvious when the guy running at him, completely ignored the RB and went right after Stafford.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Jones gets 4 TDs a couple weeks ago but is on the sideline on 4th and 1 w the game on the line?

I want to see more deep throws to Hockenson too. Stafford is getting the kid killed on crossing routes. Give him something to go up and grab out of the air over corners and linebackers.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would at least need a big back to at least put even a tiny bit of doubt in the defense that we could run it. Slashers are not getting the ball at the goal line.

Bevell choked again. I would still take him over JB Pussy or Loser Lombardi any day of the week and twice on the weekends.
An OC has 2 primary responsibilities- scheming & play-calling.

I understand why you wrote your last sentence. Schematically, the offense is better overall under Bevell. I agree.

But his value as OC takes a significant hit in play-calling, particularly is critical short yardage situations. And it can't be downplayed as simply choking. His ideas just suck.

Play-action has its place, but it doesn't work in these situations - not for a team with an impotent rushing attack and a QB who doesn't sell the fake well. And when play-action deosn't fake anyone out, it just wastes precious time & bogs the play down.

Bevell's 4th & 2 down call against Minnesota was just as bad, and also included a BS play-action that no one on earth was buying for one second.

As for last night's play, it was criminally bad. Fireable bad. You always put your best players on the field when the game is on the line. It was way too easy to defend.

*You can dislike Cooter's scheme all you want. But HE was supposedly the reason we couldn't score in the red zone. Well he's gone, and we're still not scoring in the red zone.

Last edited:

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Jones gets 4 TDs a couple weeks ago but is on the sideline on 4th and 1 w the game on the line?

I want to see more deep throws to Hockenson too. Stafford is getting the kid killed on crossing routes. Give him something to go up and grab out of the air over corners and linebackers.

You may have to wait til next season if he did get concussed on that play last night.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An OC has 2 primary responsibilities- scheming & play-calling.

I understand why you wrote your last sentence. Schematically, the offense is better overall under Bevell. I agree.

But his value as OC takes a significant hit in play-calling, particularly is critical short yardage situations. And it can't be downplayed as simply choking. His ideas just suck.

Play-action has its place, but it doesn't work in these situations - not for a team with an impotent rushing attack and a QB who doesn't sell the fake well. And when play-action deosn't fake anyone out, it just wastes precious time & bogs the play down.

Bevell's 4th & 2 down call against Minnesota was just as bad, and also included a BS play-action that no one on earth was buying for one second.

As for last night's play, it was criminally bad. Fireable bad. You always put your best players on the field when the game is on the line. It was way too easy to defend.

*You can dislike Cooter's scheme all you want. But HE was supposedly the reason we couldn't score in the red zone. Well he's gone, and we're still not scoring in the red zone.

Cooter was fired because his offense gave up more points then it scored.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018: Week 1 Stafford got a chest injury against the Jets, a pinky injury in week 8 against the Seahawks and a broken back in week 13 against the Rams and still played the rest of the season. Jim Bob shouldn't be held accountable because Stafford couldn't throw the ball past the line of scrimmage last season.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018: Week 1 Stafford got a chest injury against the Jets, a pinky injury in week 8 against the Seahawks and a broken back in week 13 against the Rams and still played the rest of the season. Jim Bob shouldn't be held accountable because Stafford couldn't throw the ball past the line of scrimmage last season.

The OC only calls which routes the WR's run, and not the pass protection that is getting your QB killed?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can recall just a few games ago where Stafford said "trust me I know what I'm doing." Pretty sure the Lions lost that game too.

Funny thing is I would trust Stafford to improvise at this point instead of anyone in Lions management that was hired by the Ford's.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is I would trust Stafford to improvise at this point instead of anyone in Lions management that was hired by the Ford's.
I wouldn't!! The Lions are only doin' enough to sell tickets. The 4th quarter heroics is a sure sign of that to keep the fan base hooked. Barry Sanders went to bat for the Offense Line when WCF was down grading the Offensive Line in the late 90's before Barry's retirement. Millen did a lot of down grading too during his tenure. It isn't that odd to me that Bob Quinn is getting rid of fan favorites. I've read that Quandre Diggs was traded to Seattle because he had a different voice in the locker room.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that Quandre Diggs was traded to Seattle because he had a different voice in the locker room.

That's interesting. Where's the link?