• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What kind of package would you give up to get Giancarlo Stanton?

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering what the group thinks.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 kit kats and a case of shock top.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I initially saw this thread, I thought the question was going to be something completely different from when I read the entire thing.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the Marlins love the guy so much, any package of players we can post wouldn't be realistic.

I don't think there's a realistic scenario right now where both the M's and Marlins would feel like they won the trade.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the Marlins love the guy so much, any package of players we can post wouldn't be realistic.

I don't think there's a realistic scenario right now where both the M's and Marlins would feel like they won the trade.

Agree with you... I like Stanton but it would cost top tier prospects. As solid as the Mariners farm is right now i don't think trading for Stanton at this point is a good move for the Mariners.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how are team is now playing, but let's us not forget that the guys producing are mainly rookies and 3-5 months of play does not make a star. Just remember Ackley's rookie season, then maybe adding a Stanton at the right price wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to the M's.

Hultzen
Paxton
Ackley
M. Saunders
Capps
Triunfel

I would be happy if we could get him for that, but I doubt highly Marlins would do it.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how are team is now playing, but let's us not forget that the guys producing are mainly rookies and 3-5 months of play does not make a star. Just remember Ackley's rookie season, then maybe adding a Stanton at the right price wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to the M's.

Hultzen
Paxton
Ackley
M. Saunders
Capps
Triunfel

I would be happy if we could get him for that, but I doubt highly Marlins would do it.

lolwut

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hultzen
Paxton
Ackley
M. Saunders
Capps
Triunfel

MB08? :omg:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marlins are going to want way too much for Stanton, if they even made him available, so I wouldn't even entertain the idea if I'm Zduriencik. Besides, Loria and co. are getting enough grief (and rightfully so) over the trades they made last off-season and every other fire-sale they've had over the years. I think every Marlins fan in the state of Florida (all five of them) would sooner use their own money for toilet paper than give it to Loria if he were to allow the trade of Stanton.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Marlins would hang up the phone if the M's didn't start the offer with Walker, Franklin and Miller. Even then they'd probably have to add more.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I maintained when this came up early in the season, unless you could get it done without trading hultzen walker franklin or zunino or seager you do not do the deal. jack built up a good farm and you don't give it away for 1 lone guy. I argued this with the village idiot on fox who would give up 10 players for Stanton. You can go through history and see how few of these types of deals work out for the team that gets the "star". unless you are the Yankees hyping up worthless prospects to get a "star" it is a waste

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zduriencik has his faults and his flaws as a GM, but he's sticking with his rebuilding plan when other GMs would have grown impatient or succumbed to the pressure from one place or another and signed a guy like Hamilton or Pujols to the gigantic contracts they got or traded half the farm for one superstar. If he had done any of that, as much as some fans might have cheered the moves, he would have either partially or totally derailed the rebuild before it ever had a chance to work.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say give them

Morse
Guti
Pryor

and toss in the King's court as well, they need some fans.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zduriencik has his faults and his flaws as a GM, but he's sticking with his rebuilding plan when other GMs would have grown impatient or succumbed to the pressure from one place or another and signed a guy like Hamilton or Pujols to the gigantic contracts they got or traded half the farm for one superstar. If he had done any of that, as much as some fans might have cheered the moves, he would have either partially or totally derailed the rebuild before it ever had a chance to work.

Well he did agree to trade away Franklin and Walker so I'm not gonna give him full marks to sticking to the plan. When it comes to developing a farm system though, yeah he's done well so far.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I maintained when this came up early in the season, unless you could get it done without trading hultzen walker franklin or zunino or seager you do not do the deal. jack built up a good farm and you don't give it away for 1 lone guy. I argued this with the village idiot on fox who would give up 10 players for Stanton. You can go through history and see how few of these types of deals work out for the team that gets the "star". unless you are the Yankees hyping up worthless prospects to get a "star" it is a waste

I haven't heard many Tigers fans complaining about giving up the 5 or 6 'prospects' for that Cabrera guy. Sometimes it isn't about the quantity given up, but the quality. Hultzen to me is a #3 starter in the majors at best and we don't even know if he can stay healthy for a complete year. Far as we know he could be the next Bedard. I agree with keeping the other guys on your list except Zunino wouldn't be deal breaker for me if it came down to it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand your point, but don't give him too much credit because he offered Hamilton a ton and he did trade a couple top prospects for Upton only to have both guys turn us down. I think Hamilton and Upton should be lauded more than GMZ in these cases.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard many Tigers fans complaining about giving up the 5 or 6 'prospects' for that Cabrera guy. Sometimes it isn't about the quantity given up, but the quality. Hultzen to me is a #3 starter in the majors at best and we don't even know if he can stay healthy for a complete year. Far as we know he could be the next Bedard. I agree with keeping the other guys on your list except Zunino wouldn't be deal breaker for me if it came down to it.

I can't see the Tigers fans complaining about anything. They raped the Marlins and the Mariners in deals. Maybe they are the new Yankees with over hyped prospects.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with you on cabrera but that is exactly my point how many of those deals came out that good? you found 1. even when you look at our own"sell-offs" how did we do? we traded cliff lee how does everyone like that deal? Even back to trading the big unit we did get garcia but who else guillen and halama? in some pub's it is recorded as one of the 10 worst trades of all time. But i do understand where you were headed