• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is WRONG with SF

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every team has holes because of the cap. imo we're gonna need a bit more of kap's legs to get #6.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is wrong...

We're the SF 49ers.... we do whatever the hell we want!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every team has holes because of the cap. imo we're gonna need a bit more of kap's legs to get #6.

It does appear that they are now giving him more freedom to use his legs. He did have a really nice play yesterday when it looked like he was going to run, then he dumped it off to Crabtree for a first down. If he can do that type of thing more, he'll really drive defenses crazy.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as play clock management I blame the coaches for 99% of it. I remember hearing an announcer say that Roman calls in 2 different plays every time and then they pick the play they want (something like that) That seems like overkill and a likely reason. Also, Kap gets a lot of shit for not reading blitzes and defenses and what have you... I think this is largely due to coaching as well. By the time the play is in and they are done with all there nifty little shifts and other gimmicky bullshit, he never has time to fully read a defense.

A lot of times I feel like I am watching a high school or pop warner game when the Niners are on offense. With all the different shifts and things like that. When you are going against pros, a lot of times a different shift isn't going to work. They aren't as easily confused. I swear we are going to see a fumbleruskie play or the old QB throw behind his back in the near future.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Alex also was given two plays too... while he had his own clock issues as well, i dont think it was this bad....

its the last second changing thats killing us

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was said during yesterday's game that the 49ers are 13th in red zone defense... there are 8 teams left so that makes us DEAD LAST.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
It was said during yesterday's game that the 49ers are 13th in red zone defense... there are 8 teams left so that makes us DEAD LAST.

No offense, but that logic makes no sense. How do you know that one of the other 8 teams aren't ranked lower than the niners?

I believe San Diego and New Orleans are worse in the red zone.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It does appear that they are now giving him more freedom to use his legs. He did have a really nice play yesterday when it looked like he was going to run, then he dumped it off to Crabtree for a first down. If he can do that type of thing more, he'll really drive defenses crazy.

no question.

on those plays he's just fleeing the rush and made split second decisions to run. it doesn't appear to be 'called runs' and hence not something the Coaches 'give him freedom' to do? maybe I'm reading this wrong so if you're saying the Coaches instruct him earlier not to run (when fleeing a rush), find it hard to believe?

earlier in the season he'd hesitate to run when he breaks the pocket. so he'd either run OB or throw it away. last game, he chose to run decisively, and that's good whether he made the 1st downs or not. like you said, it "drive defenses crazy".