• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is Currys legacy if he never wins a finals mvp?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one of those two wins - Yes, but in the other one against the Spurs as I recall it took a miracle shot made by Ray Allen who most like prayed to Mary and said "hail Mary the mother of God) and then got his prayer answered. Subsequently - the nearly had only one championship and barely two. It happens - I have seen very few teams that won only on talent and didn't get lucky somewhere. And I still think Lebron should have finished his career in Miami win or lose(not that his matters in this particular discussion

Ray Allen corner 3 was not a miracle shot. It was a typical Ray Allen 3 that he's been making for his entire career. You're a clown if you think Ray Allen hitting a corner 3 is a miracle.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'barely', 'almost', & 'close' don't mean shit in sports.

barely winning = winning
almost winning = losing

Yeah, not sure what the difference is. Either you won or you lost, that's all that will ultimately be remembered.

Heck, the Lakers "barely won" their last title vs. the Celtics. Maybe their championship rings were gold plated or had cubic zirconia instead of diamonds? :noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Allen corner 3 was not a miracle shot. It was a typical Ray Allen 3 that he's been making for his entire career. You're a clown if you think Ray Allen hitting a corner 3 is a miracle.

If anything, the "miracle" was Pop either outsmarting himself or having a brain fart by not having Timmy in the game to box out Bosh and possibly prevent him from tipping the ball to Ray Ray.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was really good at it and wasn't a player you left in it and Kobe's done the same shots many times as a closer, but it's still a miracle shot to most people I know. At the very best Ray was 35% to 40% from three point land - that means he missed his shares. That's not a criticism, that's just a fact.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, the "miracle" was Pop either outsmarting himself or having a brain fart by not having Timmy in the game to box out Bosh and possibly prevent him from tipping the ball to Ray Ray.

Yeah I agree with that but Ray Allen hitting a corner 3 which he did is entire career is far from a miracle but then again I'm not surprised at anything that TLF says

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all missed the point - Lebron has two championships and Curry is 50% of what Lebron has. The troller who was slamming Curry for not having mvp finals in comparison to his god(Lebron) fails to understand that Curry has plenty of time to pass up the "The King"

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was really good at it and wasn't a player you left in it and Kobe's done the same shots many times as a closer, but it's still a miracle shot to most people I know. At the very best Ray was 35% to 40% from three point land - that means he missed his shares. That's not a criticism, that's just a fact.

You're the only person that would consider it a miracle shot.....

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with that but Ray Allen hitting a corner 3 which he did is entire career is far from a miracle but then again I'm not surprised at anything that TLF says
You can't stop them all from those - If you guard the paint then they will most likely get a three. If you come out to guard the three, then they drive in if they have enough time. Regardless some one was going to get off a shot and most three point shooters are up to 35% at the most - so Yeah, I think they go a little lucky. I never said that Miami didn't deserve the title. I'm just pointing out that Lebron might not necessarily be all that much better then Curry. It's too early.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. That dude was money from 3. If memory serves, he averaged around to 40% on all 3's. Considering that the corner 3 is actually the easiest one. It's likely that his average from the corner was higher than in other spots along the 3 point line.

Basically, you had the best pure shooter in the league, shooting from the easiest spot along the 3 point line. That's not a miracle, it's smart basketball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard others say the same - stopped getting so worked up already

Who said his shot was a miracle? They have said the Heat were lucky to win that game which would be true considering they were down 5 with 30 seconds to go but I haven't heard anyone say Ray Allen was a miracle

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That dude was money from 3. If memory serves, he averaged around to 40% on all 3's. Considering that the corner 3 is actually the easiest one. It's likely that his average from the corner was higher than in other spots along the 3 point line.

Basically, you had the best pure shooter in the league, shooting from the easiest spot along the 3 point line. That's not a miracle, it's smart basketball.

Yep 40% from 3 in his career and actually shot about 42% from 3 that season

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep 40% from 3 in his career and actually shot about 42% from 3 that season
He is an incredible shooter and I meant no disrespect by that statements. Some of the championships won by the Lakers were won because the Lakers were lucky has hell. Some of the losses by Miami could have just has easily been wins, but either way you slice it - The game is a game of chance and 42% of the time it went in and 58% of the time it didn't. Time and circumstances makes them championships many times. Honestly - In the Lakers three titles by Shaq and Kobe - I thought the Lakers got lucky in the first and last. The second one was the only one they won flat out because they was better than every one else. But they are still wins and it is what it is. Have a good I am out

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:smash:I know I'm stating the bloody obvious here, but considering that Lebron has been to the finals 6 times and barely winning twice, it is really stupid to be comparing his career to Stephan Curry who has barely started his as an elite player. You really have to give him time to see what he can do, but he only has to win more title to have equal the prizes that Lebron really wants(and won't get any more of)
very true

Curry though- he is about 3 years and 3 months younger than LeBron.....I mean- that gives him some time- but its not like he is THAT much younger than LeBron.

everyone likes the new thing.

the facts are LeBron has been to five straight Finals- and will make it to a 6th this year. He likely would have won last year if Love and Irving were healthy- and they have as good a shot as any team to win it this year.

Imagine if Love and Irving were healthy- the Cavs dont win for sure- but personally- i think they win- especially if they could push them to 6 in the condition they were in as Tristan Thompson being the 2nd best Cav on the court and Delly probably being the 3rd.

the narrative would be completely different. but- that is how the ball bounces.

I just really hope the Cavs see the Warriors in the Finals and both teams bring all their big guns.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus...i dont know what other people think....

but i think the BEST seasons of a players career are usually- the age 27-29 seasons. This time frame they usually still have all their athleticism, but have all the intelligence and basketball acumen of being a long-time NBA vet.

however- i think, especially for wings and big men- maybe not so much for guards- but i think in their age 30-32 seasons they are probably their hardest to beat - just because of the mental toughness. Its a slightly different thing than just pure talent.

Curry right now is peaking as a player- which isnt surprising...he will be 28 in March.

Curry has been playing at an ultra-high level for this season and last season.

LeBron has been doing it for a decade.

Curry is just over 3 years younger than LeBron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but i think the BEST seasons of a players career are usually- the age 27-29 seasons. This time frame they usually still have all their athleticism, but have all the intelligence and basketball acumen of being a long-time NBA vet.

Agree. I'd even stretch it to age 31-32. At that age, they usually still have most of the same athleticism and still have that experience and basketball acumen to pull from.

Lebron is a good example. He's just now 31 and while we can see that he's starting to lose some of his athleticism, he's still has most of it and is a much smarter player than he was just a few years ago.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true

Curry though- he is about 3 years and 3 months younger than LeBron.....I mean- that gives him some time- but its not like he is THAT much younger than LeBron.

everyone likes the new thing.

the facts are LeBron has been to five straight Finals- and will make it to a 6th this year. He likely would have won last year if Love and Irving were healthy- and they have as good a shot as any team to win it this year.

Imagine if Love and Irving were healthy- the Cavs dont win for sure- but personally- i think they win- especially if they could push them to 6 in the condition they were in as Tristan Thompson being the 2nd best Cav on the court and Delly probably being the 3rd.

the narrative would be completely different. but- that is how the ball bounces.

I just really hope the Cavs see the Warriors in the Finals and both teams bring all their big guns.
All very good points and we will obviously have to wait and see how it plays out. I personally believe that Lebron's time is now or never in the next two or three seasons. I personally believe that the Cavaliers might have enough but that it's 50% chance that they don't. It just depends on how the Warriors come together and if the Warriors were to return to the finals and win - then Curry will have equal to the coveted prize. All of those players will tell you given the choices, the NBA championship is the one they really want. If Lebron were to win this year, however it still won't be impossible for Curry to return next year and in following years and win more championships to equal what Lebron has done. My point in all of what I said, however is that it is not simply automatic that Lebron is the best ever over Curry who is still very early in his career. As far as Lebron not being the that much older - it's all relative because there really is not a lot of time to win a championship - That is what makes players like Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabaar, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan so incredible.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Er, plenty of people think Curry should have won the Finals MVP. He is the Warriors' best player and can carry them for long stretches. If he wins 6 titles and never wins an MVP then no one will care, although I doubt he'll never win one if the Warriors win another one or two in his career.