• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Is A Sooner?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah how dare a lifetime Texas fan shit talk to OU fans, on RRR week. Ahhh, the audacity.:Cry:

You might wanna wait until your team has a chance of not getting curb stomped before unleashing all the shit talking you're doing. Can't wait to bring all this back up.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might wanna wait until your team has a chance of not getting curb stomped before unleashing all the shit talking you're doing. Can't wait to bring all this back up.

Nope, I'm doing just fine. A season's score is a year. A team's motto is a lifetime.

Cheating Pussies.

HookEm!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I hate most? The fact that sooners are so friggin proud of their team, and yet...

75-90% of all sooners of all time come from TEXAS.

All hail the mighty state!

Hook 'em Horns

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I hate most? The fact that sooners are so friggin proud of their team, and yet...

Hook 'em Horns

And every great coach in Texas history had to get trained up at Oklahoma.
Both of em'

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hook 'em Horns

Well, in all fairness, it kinda fits with their motto. You breed em; We try to steal em.

Cheating Pussy Land Thieves.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, you can't blame them if they don't want to go to UT.

I know I don't....

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bit of history and perspective before the Red River Rivalry:

Have you ever wondered what the fans are cheering for when they say "Boomer Sooner"???

A Boomer - Was originally known as one of the people who were petitioning and lobbying the government to open up unassigned Oklahoma Land for settlement. This was back in the late 1800's and dealing with the Indian Land Laws. This definition would quickly become known for something else.

A Sooner - Is quite frankly A Cheater. You see, once the land was opened up due to Boomer influence, they had the Oklahoma Land Run. People were allowed to start at the same place and time, and race to a piece of land (160 acres) and claim it. The rules were simple - fair play. However, some people went in early and staked off their land ahead of time, in effect, cheating others out of it. These people were known as "Sooners."
Sometimes that was not appreciated by others, and during the race at times people would try to fairly claim what they thought should still be open land. These people were shot down by the Cheating Sooners. These shooters became referred to in some circles as "Boomers."

** It is actually quite funny to realize that every time they start chanting Boomer Sooner - they are actually praising themselves for being cheating felons!:laugh3:

Oh, and Bevo says "Hookem"!

Longhorns - 35
Cheating Felonious Land Thieves - 27

Maybe you guys should join Daniel Snyder and apply for a name change...????...:boom:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims won a Heisman, didn't he. AD didn't, but damn well was good enough. Mildren. Bunch of good players. Anyway,just got fed up with the OU heavy smack-talkin going on.

So, still, Hook 'em Horns!

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have Dodds get rosters expanded to 500 and you can keep ALL of your recruits.

Until then, kick rocks? You think because some texas players decide to play for a winner that you get to enjoy some of our success vicariously?

:rofl:

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty awesome that the longhorn stadium is named after an Oklahoma born OU All Ameican.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty awesome that the longhorn stadium is named after an Oklahoma born OU All Ameican.

Finally some legitimate smack talk. Not as good as my op, but okay.

Still Bevo Says:

Longhorns - 35
Cheating Pussy Land Thieves - 28

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have Dodds get rosters expanded to 500 and you can keep ALL of your recruits.

Until then, kick rocks? You think because some texas players decide to play for a winner that you get to enjoy some of our success vicariously?

:rofl:

Oh hell no! You misunderstand me. You bad mouth Texans, yet they have been a big reason for your success.

And that rankles, or in other words, pisses me off, for those of you who don't understand.:rollseyes: