• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if 4-23-16

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1- Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State

Round 2- Josh Garnett, OG, Stanford

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly not stoked. I just don't see it with Cook and Garnett is a power scheme guy. Westerman is a much better fit at guard

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both players. i could take these two at the top of the draft.

As CD has pointed out Connor Cook is maybe closer to being ready to play than any QB in the draft -and he is a winner. If Kubiak could make Oz into an $18 million dollar a year QB - he can do it for Cook too.

With Josh Garnett you get the makings of an all-pro if the Broncos train and condition him properly. He doesn't have the experience, but physically he could also move outside to Tackle it would seem.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garnett is my personal favorite OG in this years draft, but I do agree with Doc that he really doesn't fit our system. He is a pure power OG. I don't really see it as a fit.

Cook is probably the prospect I am on the middle of then any other prospect in this years draft. (He and Hackenburg both) I see the things I love, and I see the things I don't love and I just don't know what to think.

Had this been a year ago I would have dreamed of Cook in a Bronco uniform.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garnett - while having a reputation as a power blocker can move his feet well - he just hasn't had the coaching for that type of Oline work.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garnett is my personal favorite OG in this years draft, but I do agree with Doc that he really doesn't fit our system. He is a pure power OG. I don't really see it as a fit.

Cook is probably the prospect I am on the middle of then any other prospect in this years draft. (He and Hackenburg both) I see the things I love, and I see the things I don't love and I just don't know what to think.

Had this been a year ago I would have dreamed of Cook in a Bronco uniform.

Well that might be talent around him DC . If so then he is the same guy ... I really doubt he changed that much in one year ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be OL / Talent /Coaching Loss to any number things I would bet he is the same feller .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that might be talent around him DC . If so then he is the same guy ... I really doubt he changed that much in one year ..

You must not understand the development of players if you think a college player is the same exact guy a year later then. :)

Film and preparation and desire all come into impact with a young player developing over the years. I don't think the average fan gets all what goes into the development of a player.

Cook had damn near the same around him his SR year as he did his JR year. Lost Tony Lippett, Aaron Burbridge and McGarrett Kings emerged and they had a very good 3 headed backfield. There was enough talent around him each year, oh yeah and he had one of the top OT and top C's in front of him.

You aren't the same player you were the year before in college football. It is the most critical stage of your development.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching a replay of the 2012 it's amazing how bad the NFL teams were in the 1st round. Maybe the players were just bad but teams traded up for RGIII, Trent Richardson, Morris Claiborne. Mayock was a complete miss on most of his analysis.

Rams were the smartest team trading down twice from #2 to #6 to #15.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not understand the development of players if you think a college player is the same exact guy a year later then. :)

Film and preparation and desire all come into impact with a young player developing over the years. I don't think the average fan gets all what goes into the development of a player.

Cook had damn near the same around him his SR year as he did his JR year. Lost Tony Lippett, Aaron Burbridge and McGarrett Kings emerged and they had a very good 3 headed backfield. There was enough talent around him each year, oh yeah and he had one of the top OT and top C's in front of him.

You aren't the same player you were the year before in college football. It is the most critical stage of your development.

Also that line you must need to be a real connoisseur of football to know that there.. golly gee there beave .

Average fan ....Ok boss

You would killed for him one year ago ...and I don't get it you know cause I am an average fan ...

His WR have ever fricking thing to do with it ... I seen Elway look like crap with Derrick Russell as his best WR . Flowers must of been missed .. Average fan grrrr

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rumors floating around today that we might trade up for Lynch.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also that line you must need to be a real connoisseur of football to know that there.. golly gee there beave .

Average fan ....Ok boss

You would killed for him one year ago ...and I don't get it you know cause I am an average fan ...

His WR have ever fricking thing to do with it ... I seen Elway look like crap with Derrick Russell as his best WR . Flowers must of been missed .. Average fan grrrr

Few things.

A. Fowler was a SR when Cook was a SOPH, so he wasn't even with Michigan State the year Cook was a JR which is the year we are talking about.

B. Fowler wasn't even Michigan State leading receiver.

C. Cook had plenty of weapons both his JR and SR season. (Lippett, Burbridge, Kings, LJ Scott, Holmes, Arnett, London, Williamson, Langford)

D. I did not call you an "average fan" that was a reference not towards you. I know you're the best fan ever alive and know everything. ;)

E. Don't get so bent out of shape on internet message boards.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the DC/ Crash little tiff, you can make points to both sides of argument. Mostly a player is going to make strides/improvement year to year. Sometimes though he can suffer from the coaching ( loss of qb coach,system change,etc ) as well as losing his rythem/comfort with his Wrs,O line,etc due to graduation,draft. If that qb is able to keep most of the pieces around him ( coaches/players ) and has the work ethic and mentality to get better,he will. If he goes thru to many changes in consecutive years, his development can and probably will suffer. It's pretty much common sense on either side of the argument. Good player,good coaches,same system,continuity,talent around you equals better odds for future. I'm a genius! ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes we fight like sistas,:gaah: but at the end of the day Crash is still my blood. :yes:

I really didn't think it was much of a tiff until Crash sorta took it and ran with it, but to his defense I think he may have taken my word a bit too personal with referring to "average fan" which I wasn't referring to him...

I love you Crash.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and damnit if someone has a problem with Crash they have to come through me first. :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both players. i could take these two at the top of the draft.

As CD has pointed out Connor Cook is maybe closer to being ready to play than any QB in the draft -and he is a winner. If Kubiak could make Oz into an $18 million dollar a year QB - he can do it for Cook too.

With Josh Garnett you get the makings of an all-pro if the Broncos train and condition him properly. He doesn't have the experience, but physically he could also move outside to Tackle it would seem.

I'm actually starting to lean just a bit more towards Hackenberg. I know there is this big push for him in the 1st round but I think we could trade up just a bit in the 2nd and get him or trade back from the 1st and get him. I guess you could maybe say the same about Cook. Heckenberg though to me has just a bit higher upside. He doesn't have the ability to start day 1 like Cook but I think you give him a year and he could look much more like he did when he showed so much promise.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually starting to lean just a bit more towards Hackenberg. I know there is this big push for him in the 1st round but I think we could trade up just a bit in the 2nd and get him or trade back from the 1st and get him. I guess you could maybe say the same about Cook. Heckenberg though to me has just a bit higher upside. He doesn't have the ability to start day 1 like Cook but I think you give him a year and he could look much more like he did when he showed so much promise.

After some thought I guess I can agree to this thought and his arm is my god strong .. Heckenberg has as strong as arm as JaMarcus Russell

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still prefer trading up for Lynch . or out of the first and draft in the top of the 2nd for those two other QB's

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still prefer trading up for Lynch . or out of the first and draft in the top of the 2nd for those two other QB's

I guess for me while I like Lynch I just think Hackenberg has as much upside as him, is further along in his development, and doesn't cost us anything to get him as I doubt anybody takes him before 31 and heck maybe even 63.