• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What If? 4/7

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You remember the drill - If the Broncos select these two players in the first two rounds, how will you react?

Anyone can post a possible scenario, but a couple rules:
1. Make it realistic. Trevor Lawrence ain't happening. Especially with trades, make the trade and return somewhat realistic.
2. If one has been posted for that day, wait until the next day to give people a chance to cuss out the person who was an idiot for what they suggested. ;)

Three weeks out, so let's get started:
Round 1 Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
Round 2 - Gregory Rousseau, Edge, Miami

(Soneone refrain our Poster of the Month!)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner!

Rousseau would be in a perfect situation here too. He is very raw but he could come in as our third pass rusher and develop without pressure of being great right away.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great picks

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the biggest fan of Rousseau as I think his stats were a little inflated compared to what he actually showed during games, but getting him in the 2nd round is actual value at that point. As DC said at least he wouldn't be required to start day 1 and could learn from two of the best in football.

As for your 1st round pick I think my Avi kind of speaks for how I feel about that pick. Been wanting Fields since he was a Senior in high school.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been pretty clear - if it is not Lawrence don't pick a QB.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is exactly what KC fans were saying when they moved up to choose Mahomes!

(I know I thought they were crazy to give up so much to move up to get him!)

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawerence and Wilson I like, not sold on Fields or Lance. That probably means Fields and Lance will be the best of the class.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is exactly what KC fans were saying when they moved up to choose Mahomes!

(I know I thought they were crazy to give up so much to move up to get him!)
The same logic will help you lose money frequently in the lotto.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawerence and Wilson I like, not sold on Fields or Lance. That probably means Fields and Lance will be the best of the class.

I would say for each of them it matters where they go. We are seeing more and more that for the most part rookies that find success at the QB position it has just as much to do with the team around them and coaching staff that plays to their strengths as that of their actual ability.

Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen from 2018 are the two best QB's from that draft because they are talented but also they have systems geared towards them.

I'm actually doubting that Lawrence will win rookie of the year. Not because he isn't talented but because he isn't exactly going to the greatest situation talent wise around him. It is also part of the reason I really like the idea of the Broncos moving up for a QB because they are pretty set on their offensive side of the ball. Whoever they would draft wouldn't have to be perfect to make the offense go.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, but I also trust the scouts. If we think he can be great, I can't knock picking him. Especially in this scenario where we don't have to trade up. I'm not thrilled about the idea of trading up and taking the 4th or 5th "best" QB in the class. Seems desperate. But if it happens, I seriously hope I am wrong and it works out for us.

As for the OP, I would put Fields as the #2 QB right now, but the more I see Wilson, the more it is moving towards a 2a and 2b situation. So, I don't think I would mind taking him as much as I would Jones or Lance. I don't love taking an edge rusher in the 2nd, but the value is there. Rousseau has been all over the place in mocks, but it is rare that I see him fall out of the 1st. I think our 2nd round pick is a prime spot to grab a good LB if we miss out or pass on Parsons for whatever reason. Seems like there are a handful of guys who could be there at 40 and come in and start.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, but I also trust the scouts. If we think he can be great, I can't knock picking him. Especially in this scenario where we don't have to trade up. I'm not thrilled about the idea of trading up and taking the 4th or 5th "best" QB in the class. Seems desperate. But if it happens, I seriously hope I am wrong and it works out for us.

As for the OP, I would put Fields as the #2 QB right now, but the more I see Wilson, the more it is moving towards a 2a and 2b situation. So, I don't think I would mind taking him as much as I would Jones or Lance. I don't love taking an edge rusher in the 2nd, but the value is there. Rousseau has been all over the place in mocks, but it is rare that I see him fall out of the 1st. I think our 2nd round pick is a prime spot to grab a good LB if we miss out or pass on Parsons for whatever reason. Seems like there are a handful of guys who could be there at 40 and come in and start.

My question is though let's say Fields is the pick...Is that really the Broncos taking the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft if he is say the 4th or 5th QB drafted?

John Clayton just talked yesterday that he polled a bunch of higher up FO guys and what their QB board looks like right now. Lawrence was #1 on every one of the boards, but #2 was all over the place. This is one of those drafts that each of the top QB's brings a little something different and if they go to the right situation I think they could be very successful.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have Fields ahead of Wilson to be completely honest with you.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is though let's say Fields is the pick...Is that really the Broncos taking the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft if he is say the 4th or 5th QB drafted?

John Clayton just talked yesterday that he polled a bunch of higher up FO guys and what their QB board looks like right now. Lawrence was #1 on every one of the boards, but #2 was all over the place. This is one of those drafts that each of the top QB's brings a little something different and if they go to the right situation I think they could be very successful.
That was why I put quotes around the word best. If we have him as the #2 guy and get him as the 4th QB taken, I guess it is a win for us. Just depends on how you look at it, I guess.

Last night on the NFL network, one of those guys did a similar poll with 23 GMs. Lawrence was the unanimous #1 and Wilson was the unanimous #2. 3 through 5 were all over the place they said. Didn't say which teams participated.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have Fields ahead of Wilson to be completely honest with you.

I do too. Wilson there are a few things that scare me about his game. 1) The injury history especially to this throwing arm/shoulder. Those things don't usually get better over time. 2) He had a great season this past year, but he also had a great OL that allowed him all day to throw. He rarely faced pressure making it a bit more difficult to see how he handles it. 3) He has some of the same issues as Lock of trusting his arm a bit too much and trying to fit passes into places that he just doesn't need to challenge. This past season it worked out, but there were a few passes into triple coverage that in the NFL I question how well that would work.

I still love the player and if there was some reason the Jets decided to pass on him I would love him in Denver. I think he is a pretty good fit with Shurmur and what he likes to do on offense. I just have him as QB 3 and honestly I go back and forth on whether to put Lance ahead of him.