• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What I really expect to happen next week

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1 I expect we either take

1. The Pass Rusher
2. The WR
3. Trade down and pick up an extra 3rd

Round two

1. Assuming we took the pass rusher, we will then take the WR with our round 2 pick
2, Assuming we took the WR, we will grab the situational Pass Rusher
3. If we traded down, I still suspect we take the pass Rusher in Round 1 and the WR on round 2 or flip flop

Round 3.

With our pick, we take a DB (likely safety) and with the extra pick we grab a guard

Round 4

Depth O-line... one of those guys who MIGHT develop into a starter in 2-3 years

Past that, project players with upside, but long term questions.

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you FEAR this. You don't really expect it.

I expect us to trade down no matter what. Hopefully getting another 1st or 2nd. Taking OL with 2 of those picks, the third pick going to OLB, or RB
If we do pick at 5, I do not expect us to take OLB at all. None of them would be BPA. It will be Sherrf or WR

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
No, you FEAR this. You don't really expect it.

I expect us to trade down no matter what. Hopefully getting another 1st or 2nd. Taking OL with 2 of those picks, the third pick going to OLB, or RB
If we do pick at 5, I do not expect us to take OLB at all. None of them would be BPA. It will be Sherrf or WR
I also expect a trade down and we pick up a midround first and a second. And it is my expectation that we take atleast one OT and potentially one interior OL with 2 of our first 3 picks.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I still believe he will go BPA I will not even attempt to guess a position because that would be completely contrary to what I believe will happen. For all we know he'll find a tight end at the end of round 2 that he loves.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If The Skins trade down for just a measly third rd pick I will be brassed off beyond belief.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think you will see a trade down in round one because i dont see a must have talent being there that a team NEEDS to have

i think we will pick a player at 5

a trade down in round 2 could be in the works

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think you will see a trade down in round one because i dont see a must have talent being there that a team NEEDS to have

i think we will pick a player at 5

a trade down in round 2 could be in the works

This is a great point and the reason I want MM to somehow slip to us at 5.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If The Skins trade down for just a measly third rd pick I will be brassed off beyond belief.

As there is apparently no player deserving of US taking with the #5 pick, and we are apparently desperate to get OUT of the spot... why should we expect to get this great trade where we secure tons of picks??

I have been beat to death with the "fact: that Scherff isnt worthy of the pick, its highly debatable that ANY of the pass rushers out side of Williams are worth the pick, So unless MAriota is there, or some one is desperate to take one of the WR's who is the team thats going to bend and take it to get the pick that we dont want to use??

See iM just not seeing us get this great bounty of picks for the simple fact that we want out of the #5 spot so badly ( well atleast if Im to believe the mood around here). So if we are trying to off the pick because we DONT want to take a player, Im just not sold that any other team is just chomping at the bit to do us a solid

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As there is apparently no player deserving of US taking with the #5 pick, and we are apparently desperate to get OUT of the spot... why should we expect to get this great trade where we secure tons of picks??

I have been beat to death with the "fact: that Scherff isnt worthy of the pick, its highly debatable that ANY of the pass rushers out side of Williams are worth the pick, So unless MAriota is there, or some one is desperate to take one of the WR's who is the team thats going to bend and take it to get the pick that we dont want to use??

See iM just not seeing us get this great bounty of picks for the simple fact that we want out of the #5 spot so badly ( well atleast if Im to believe the mood around here). So if we are trying to off the pick because we DONT want to take a player, Im just not sold that any other team is just chomping at the bit to do us a solid

You are likely correct that the Redskins won't get a bunch of picks just because they want out of the spot - good call on that one. However - worrying about the "mood around here" is pointless. Again - nobody here is making these picks & we really have no way of predicting how this draft will unfold. None of us have witnessed a SM draft with the Redskins. I can understand the fear of this draft, but it appears to mainly be based on the Skins drafts over the recent past. Face it - this team has not had a top tier GM in over 15 years.

Please save your criticism till actual draft day & even then sit back & take some time to consider why they drafted certain folks. I fully expect folks to badmouth several of the picks who will quite possibly go on to become major contributors to this team. The FO at this time is trying to build a competitive team - not (unlike in the past) run a popularity contest & try simply to appease the fans.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mariota there at #5, we are drafting him.

Well - even if they do there will be a reason for that & - until he proves to be not NFL worthy - I will be on board with the pick. However - I don't expect this to occur mainly because I don't believe that MM will still be available at that time.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - even if they do there will be a reason for that & - until he proves to be not NFL worthy - I will be on board with the pick. However - I don't expect this to occur mainly because I don't believe that MM will still be available at that time.
:agree:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are likely correct that the Redskins won't get a bunch of picks just because they want out of the spot - good call on that one. However - worrying about the "mood around here" is pointless. Again - nobody here is making these picks & we really have no way of predicting how this draft will unfold. None of us have witnessed a SM draft with the Redskins. I can understand the fear of this draft, but it appears to mainly be based on the Skins drafts over the recent past. Face it - this team has not had a top tier GM in over 15 years.

Please save your criticism till actual draft day & even then sit back & take some time to consider why they drafted certain folks. I fully expect folks to badmouth several of the picks who will quite possibly go on to become major contributors to this team. The FO at this time is trying to build a competitive team - not (unlike in the past) run a popularity contest & try simply to appease the fans.

Socal... I think we have been around long enough that you know I wont criticize an actual move until its made. Right now we are all discussing what we think/hope/ wish would happen in the draft. IF everyone agreed and just sang kumbyah, this place would be as dead as the Eagles board.

At the end of the day, if some one calls and offers the moon for the fifth pick, we should take it. If not, we should take a player, we shouldnt take a trade simply because we are fishing for more picks unless its a GOOD offer. And I dont think we get a GOOD offer unless its a player there that we should take any way.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal... I think we have been around long enough that you know I wont criticize an actual move until its made. Right now we are all discussing what we think/hope/ wish would happen in the draft. IF everyone agreed and just sang kumbyah, this place would be as dead as the Eagles board.

At the end of the day, if some one calls and offers the moon for the fifth pick, we should take it. If not, we should take a player, we shouldnt take a trade simply because we are fishing for more picks unless its a GOOD offer. And I dont think we get a GOOD offer unless its a player there that we should take any way.

I understand your take & the purpose of this board & I am not trying to be critical of anyone in that area. The good thing is that prior to this year the wishes & hopes of people here actually may have been in sync with the thoughts of the front office. I don't believe that is even remotely true at this time & I believe that the current front office doesn't really care about the fan's thoughts.

Again - call me naive - but I have faith in whatever moves they make next week (trade or not).

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, my goodness, I agree with that, though I think you, dad, and I agree on far more than we disagree.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my goodness, I agree with that, though I think you, dad, and I agree on far more than we disagree.

At the end of the day I would hope that the main thing that we agree on is that we want the Redskins to have long term success, and the hiring of SM has done IMO more to make that a potential reality than anything this team has done in the last 15 years.

Everything else is gravy. I think that Skinsdad summed this up well a while ago when he said that if we had these discussions in a bar at the end of the day we would shake hands & wish each other well.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day I would hope that the main thing that we agree on is that we want the Redskins to have long term success, and the hiring of SM has done IMO more to make that a potential reality than anything this team has done in the last 15 years.

Everything else is gravy. I think that Skinsdad summed this up well a while ago when he said that if we had these discussions in a bar at the end of the day we would shake hands & wish each other well.

Oh, absolutely. The debate between dad, shark and I is almost academic. We don't disagree that Scherff is going to be a great o-lineman and that we need someone like him. And if Scot believes we should take him at five, I'll be good with that. If we do, we'd still need a RT since I don't think Scherff can play there. But, again, if Scot thinks he can play there, I'm all for it. I know one thing for sure: Scherff will be a HUGE improvement from Polumbus and the current stiffs we've got playing that position. Right now, the RT depth chart reads Morgan Moses and Tom Compton. :yes:

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless a trade happens for the 5th pick, they will take BPA will which probably be a pass rusher.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless a trade happens for the 5th pick, they will take BPA will which probably be a pass rusher.
Heh, well we've got a LOT of debate about this subject. Have fun reading the threads :D

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, well we've got a LOT of debate about this subject. Have fun reading the threads :D
i just don't see where MM is available at 5 for trade bait or to pick. they aren't going to trade up for him.