• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What happens to Braylon now?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dude's gonna need some money; he just gave pretty much his entire salary to charity this year. So he can't afford to retire.

Do the Niners risk a couple million to sign him to another 1 year deal? Or is he washed up already?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still think he's a pretty good player and has something to offer. When he wasnt injured(although that wasnt much) he looked like one of our best receivers.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would not have released him if we were thinking of bringing him back.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think he signed the 1 year deal with the 49ers thinking he was gonna blow it up and then get one more big pay day contract.

He got hurt, the offense is a bit conservative also in terms of throwing to the WRs, so it never happened. He got disgruntled and said screw it I'll rehab on my own. Kind of a bad move he should have stuck it out.

Now I think he'll have to get another minimum ~$1M contract from some team and try to prove himself again.

If the bridge is not burned totally with Harbaugh and the 49ers, I don't see why the 49ers cannot bring him back. We only have 2 WRs under contract. But he might choose a different team. If the Chargers lose Vincent Jackson I could see him going to the Chargers which is probably a more WR stats friendly team.
I think Braylon is a bit egotistical he wants the big stats.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't see the Niners bringing him back after cutting him. Something was up there. It's not like Swain and Hastings contributed anything at all to the offense.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't see the Niners bringing him back after cutting him. Something was up there. It's not like Swain and Hastings contributed anything at all to the offense.

I don't think Braylon was healthy enough to play.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think Braylon was healthy enough to play.

Maybe. But cutting him was an extreme step if his health was the only problem. We could've given him nearly a full month to recover and get into the NFC Championship game. If it was just health, I don't think he would have been gone.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He'll sign somewhere now that he's healthy and have another good season. Harbaugh blew it on this one and it ended up biting them in the behind in the NFC Championship game.

Harbaugh didn't blow it; Braylon was useless this past season. He even admit in an interview ne didn't take enough time to rehab his injury.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh didn't blow it; Braylon was useless this past season. He even admit in an interview ne didn't take enough time to rehab his injury.

Edwards was hurt but in the early season he was tough. As for not rehabbing enough, it was Harbaugh and the coaching staff who cajoled him into coming back too early instead of continuing to rehab. They could have used him against NY in the last game but Harbaugh's ego got the better of him and he cut Edwards. Not having a decent wide receiver bit them badly in that game as we saw.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As for not rehabbing enough, it was Harbaugh and the coaching staff who cajoled him into coming back too early instead of continuing to rehab.

Wow. You just say whatever thought pops into your head and presume it's fact don't you? I'm really not rying to piss you off or pick a fight, but it seems like just about everything you say is just a knee-jerk reaction with nothing to back it up.

NFL players CAN'T practice unless they're MEDICALLY CLEARED TO DO SO. That's not up to Harbaugh.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow. You just say whatever thought pops into your head and presume it's fact don't you? I'm really not rying to piss you off or pick a fight, but it seems like just about everything you say is just a knee-jerk reaction with nothing to back it up.

NFL players CAN'T practice unless they're MEDICALLY CLEARED TO DO SO. That's not up to Harbaugh.

You're kidding, right? You must be. No way you could not know that coaches put all kinds of pressure on and wield all kinds of influence with team doctor's to clear these players. Harbaugh, I'm sure, is no exception.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe he goes full circle and goes back to the Browns. They need help at WR.