• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Happened to the "Great" Eric Bienemy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but at this point he's played 5 seasons in the NFL, so I don't know if we can compare his speed development to professional world class sprinters.

I'm guessing Bob Hayes has the fastest 100 meter time of any NFL player, and if the 1964 Olympics were run on a modern track, he would've easily clocked under 10 seconds.

Hill is faster than any current NFLer. And with a few weeks to work on that all important speed endurance I do believe he could be competitive in the 200m right now today. That HS 20.14 is a great time.

Bob Hayes ran a 10.06 on a shoddy dirt track**** and if he'd been in a middle lane between Figureola and Jerome he's running a 9.9 that day in Tokyo. He is the fastest pro football player ever.

But......tiny Trindon Holliday has ran a 10.00, Jacoby Ford 10.01 and Jeff Demps also 10.01. Forget Jimmy Hines at 9.95 that was a failed experiment. While Holliday, Ford and Demps have clocked a faster 100m, they ran that on a far FAR better quality of a track.

If Hayes had stayed in track until 68 he's beating Hines up in Mexico City in 9.90, he would have been 26.

The sub 10.10 gang....

Ron Brown 10.06 Olympian
Sam Graddy 10.09 Olympian
Alvis Whitted 10.07
Darrel Green 10.08

**** for some unknown reason Hayes was in lane one a lane that had been chopped up by the distance runners.

Last edited:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is faster than any current NFLer. And with a few weeks to work on that all important speed endurance I do believe he could be competitive in the 200m right now today. That HS 20.14 is a great time.

Bob Hayes ran a 10.06 on a shoddy dirt track and if he'd been in a middle lane between Figureola and Jerome he's running a 9.9 that day in Tokyo. He is the fastest pro football player ever.

But......Tiny Trindon Holliday has ran a 10.00, Jacoby Ford 10.01 and Jeff Demps also 10.01. Forget Jimmy Hines at 9.95 that was a failed experiment. While Holliday, Ford and Demps have clocked a faster 100m, they ran that on a far FAR better quality of a track.

If Hayes had stayed in track until 68 he's beating Himes up in Mexico City in 9.90, he would have been 26.

I really only said Mostert might be faster now on the football field based on the actual Next Gen clockings and considering that it's been years since the two were competing in track and field. I don't doubt that Hill is faster than Drake or other guys that clocked faster than him this year because I am willing to believe that Hill doesn't go maximum speed on every run and I know that Hill has been clocked at 23.24 mph in an NFL game albeit back in 2016. If those other guys ever clock 23 mph, then they'll be in the discussion. And that's all I'm saying about Mostert is that he's in the discussion with Hill because he was clocked at 23.09 mph this season. I think I put 23.74 mph for Hill in an earlier post, but it's actually 23.24 mph.

Hayes's anchor leg in the 1964 Olympics 4x100 meters is supposedly as fast as Usain Bolt's best anchor leg times. Not sure that is true, but Hayes was truly an incredible sprinter.

I wouldn't doubt that Jesse Owens would run under 10 seconds today. Cinder track and he didn't even have starting blocks if I'm not mistaken.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just ain't all that sensitive about those kinds of things, hell just yesterday was listening to an old hillbillie band singing about.....Run N Run, this was 1926. Have old blues records where a black sings about his fellow N.

Have seen some old newspaper clippings that read....***** BREAKS RECORD.

People make way too big a deal out of it.
K. Lemme know the next time you call a black person a negr0 to their face

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really only said Mostert might be faster now on the football field based on the actual Next Gen clockings and considering that it's been years since the two were competing in track and field. I don't doubt that Hill is faster than Drake or other guys that clocked faster than him this year because I am willing to believe that Hill doesn't go maximum speed on every run and I know that Hill has been clocked at 23.24 mph in an NFL game albeit back in 2016. If those other guys ever clock 23 mph, then they'll be in the discussion. And that's all I'm saying about Mostert is that he's in the discussion with Hill because he was clocked at 23.09 mph this season. I think I put 23.74 mph for Hill in an earlier post, but it's actually 23.24 mph.

Hayes's anchor leg in the 1964 Olympics 4x100 meters is supposedly as fast as Usain Bolt's best anchor leg times. Not sure that is true, but Hayes was truly an incredible sprinter.

I wouldn't doubt that Jesse Owens would run under 10 seconds today. Cinder track and he didn't even have starting blocks if I'm not mistaken.

My first sport is track and I am a former sprinter who keeps up on it today and the history of it all. Tyreek Hill simply on another speed level than anyone playing right now. Mostert the fastest RB in todays game.

Hayes got a little lucky on that anchor leg in 64, first off Trenton Jackson and Mel Pender got hurt so we had to run our 200m guys Richard Stebbins and Paul Drayton instead that is why we were behind. Then, not one of those who made that Olympic 100m final were on that anchor leg. Hayes was clocked by some from 8.6 to 8.8, yep....8......that is sci fi.

Usain Bolt was a true freak of nature, a never seen before like a Muhammad Ali. He spent years running the 200m, so when he finally came to the 100m his speed endurance was unlike anything ever seen at 100m before, as was his 6-5 stride. Bolt hiiting his top end/max velocity later in a race than a normal human so he spent less time in that decelleration phase. Only other sprinter similiar to him.....Tommie Smith.

Jesse Owens was beaten a lot, Ralph Metcalfe beat him many times as did Eulace Peacock who beat him five races in a row but an injury knocked him out of those 1936 Olympics trials. Owens really not all that as a sprinter, but fantastic as a long jumper. But, yes on running a 9.9 as would Metcalfe and Peacock.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't what I'm talking about at all.

I just don't get all weirded out over that kind of thing.
I don't care, this all started with me pointing out that Monty is a racist troll. Because I like doing that to racist trolls.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take both starting tackles off the Buc's team, good luck!

Bienemy is a proven commodity, you don't use a game where only the center was in his regular position as some barometer of anything.

Mahomes had no time to do anything, we all saw it.

By now the black/white thing is so tired and worn out nobody cares about that anymore.
The op is just a race baiter.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bob Hayes ran a 10.06 on a shoddy dirt track**** and if he'd been in a middle lane between Figureola and Jerome he's running a 9.9 that day in Tokyo. He is the fastest pro football player ever.

But......tiny Trindon Holliday has ran a 10.00, Jacoby Ford 10.01 and Jeff Demps also 10.01. Forget Jimmy Hines at 9.95 that was a failed experiment. While Holliday, Ford and Demps have clocked a faster 100m, they ran that on a far FAR better quality of a track.

If Hayes had stayed in track until 68 he's beating Hines up in Mexico City in 9.90, he would have been 26.

The sub 10.10 gang....

Ron Brown 10.06 Olympian
Sam Graddy 10.09 Olympian
Alvis Whitted 10.07
Darrel Green 10.08

**** for some unknown reason Hayes was in lane one a lane that had been chopped up by the distance runners.

Yeah, I have read that about lane 1 in the Tokyo Olympics being beaten up. The lane assignments were completely random back then. I think this existed until the 1984 Olympics, where in the 110 m hurdles final, Greg Foster was in lane 1 and Roger Kingdom in lane 8, which is totally idiotic.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll run right past all you mother fuckers

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care, this all started with me pointing out that Monty is a racist troll. Because I like doing that to racist trolls.

I like talking race in sports, always funny watching how people act over things that totally obvious.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take both starting tackles off the Buc's team, good luck!

Bienemy is a proven commodity, you don't use a game where only the center was in his regular position as some barometer of anything.

Mahomes had no time to do anything, we all saw it.

By now the black/white thing is so tired and worn out nobody cares about that anymore.

Yet, they still use it. Which makes your "nobody cares about that anymore" claim the lie it always was.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have read that about lane 1 in the Tokyo Olympics being beaten up. The lane assignments were completely random back then. I think this existed until the 1984 Olympics, where in the 110 m hurdles final, Greg Foster was in lane 1 and Roger Kingdom in lane 8, which is totally idiotic.

There were two great sprinters in that race, Harry Jerome from Canada and Cuba's Enrigue Figuerola, if Hayes had been in lane 4/5 between those two we have our first legal sub10.00, Hayes did run a 9.91 in the heats but windy,

Good one about Foster and Kingdom.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed with Reed & Bienemy's game plan. Hard to think these guys actually came up with this knowing both tackles were out. Where was the help? No two tights, no RB staying in to help. Worst of all....NO ADJUSTMENTS after watching their QB under pressure play after play. I think the coaching yesterday was worse than the players.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow are some people racist. OP waiting all year to drop this thread?

I think the moral of the story is, RBs may not matter, but OTs sure as hell do, and if you are missing both starters and playing backups at nearly every OL position, you just might lose the Super Bowl.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed with Reed & Bienemy's game plan. Hard to think these guys actually came up with this knowing both tackles were out. Where was the help? No two tights, no RB staying in to help. Worst of all....NO ADJUSTMENTS after watching their QB under pressure play after play. I think the coaching yesterday was worse than the players.

They needed to go with a total Drew Brees dumpoff offense.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow are some people racist. OP waiting all year to drop this thread?

I think the moral of the story is, RBs may not matter, but OTs sure as hell do, and if you are missing both starters and playing backups at nearly every OL position, you just might lose the Super Bowl.

We all saw how important that offensive line really is. Ya can't sustain a drive so here comes your D back out there again and again as they wear down. That was the game.

What anyone else did meaning little as far as the Chiefs went.

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like talking race in sports, always funny watching how people act over things that totally obvious.

You have stopped even reading what I'm writing on this topic so moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.