• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What ever happened to West Virginia?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it:wtf2:

Utah had been one of the top programs of the MWC recently. They joined the PAC. While in the longrun, a total coup for the school as the new PAC12 broadcast deal is providing them with yearly revenue that's making their eyes roll into the back of their heads, many of their athletic programs have struggled against the elevated PAC competition.

Since joining the PAC and our 9 game conf seasons, Utah football is this against the PAC and most of those wins were against the meh teams that year:

2011: 4-5
2012: 3-6
2013: 2-7

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah and Washington are on the same level though

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some truth yet a lot of misinformation ITT. While true the Big12 is a much tougher/better conference, we suffered the equivalent of NCAA sanctions when our AD (while overall a very good one) tried to be politically correct when making the coaching change from Bill Stewart to Dana Holgorsen and employing the "head coach in waiting" tactic. Instead of firing Stewart outright and letting Holgorsen come in and hire his people he tried to ease into the situation by keeping a bitter Stewart on board along with leftover staff from as far back as the RichRod era who were also bitter about being overlooked as replacements. The move was terrible and crushed 2 years worth of recruiting. Throw in players also leaving the program in transition from coaches/conferences and, the perfect storm in a sense.

The 2010-11 recruiting classes that should have been Jr's and Sr's on this years team had a grand total of 3 offensive players that made any significant contributions.....3!

We have had some asst. coaches get poached from OU, UTenn, and A&M that we have had to replace too but the biggest reason was the recruiting hit from the coaching change debacle, let that be a lesson to your own program when time for a coaching change, cut bait, give the new guy the reigns and move on.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU was a BCS bowl team up until recently. What happened over there, you guys?

Duh!! Rich Rodriguez left and brought down 2 programs in the process.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duh!! Rich Rodriguez left and brought down 2 programs in the process.

You must have missed that bowl game that WV put up 70 on Clemson, 4 years after Rich Rod left.

Eventually Michigan might find another decent coach. Hopefully the fans won't try and run him out of town.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia and TCU enter the Big 12 - Get worse;
Aggies and Missouri leave the Big 12 - Get better;
Nebraska leaves the Big 12 - Plays for Big 10 Championship.

You can try to explain around this all you want and some explanations are valid. But at some point, the above becomes more than just mere correlation.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can try to explain around this all you want and some explanations are valid. But at some point, the above becomes more than just mere correlation.

:L

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Team sec butthurtness to follow...... :pop2:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. It was the butt, the mouth, and the ear. :suds: tell saban to take it easy on us this year. We're still a little sore

Don't give us that crap. Get out there and kick some Tide butts! I'm rooting for OU.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on your definition of success aTm finished 3rd in the west and 5th in the conference last year and 4th in the west and 6th in the conference this year. This being with having the greatest player in their history. Is that immediate success?

Mizzou is benefitting from Georgia's horrific injury situation and Florida & Tenn's utter collapse. Still tied for the East title and got beaten by 17 points in the championship game to finish 4th in the conference over all.

In other words don't believe the hype.

bullshit! there is no such thing as SEC hype.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bullshit! there is no such thing as SEC hype.
Exactly that's why we are discussing the Big 12 hyping its former members when in reality they are about the same. No doubt Missouri had a fantastic season but aTm has one big SEC win and that was Alabama last year. One win doesn't get you to the next level.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

truth hurts boys :yahoo:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know that, asshole. See, this is exactly why I hate Texas fans. Mizzou would facefuck bevo this year and you know it. You worry more about your coaching situation and the state of your school's program. Before Mack Brown there wasn't much said about Texas with good reason. Now, you want him gone after a few down seasons. I hope you cocksuckers get the Nebraska treatment. It's what you fucks deserve.

MIZZOU has beaten NOBODY. You're calling AU a fake, yet MIZZOU is the epitome of being a fake team. You benefitted from playing in a shit division this year. A healthy UGA team would have facefucked MIZZOU. And yes, I do know that b/c you're fucking MIZZOU, a program that hasn't won a conference title since the 60's and has never won a NC. When people think about MIZZOU, they stretch their arms and yawn.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
truth hurts boys :yahoo:
Explain how Texas A&M is that much better even with JF at QB and Sumlin coaching? One big SEC win and an ass kicking of Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl doesn't exactly make them world beaters by SEC standards.

I mean seriously look and see how the finished in the conference the last two years.

Last edited by a moderator:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes teams a few seasons to conform to the conditions/schemes present in their new conference.
It takes teams a few seasons to plan/scheme against teams that are new arrivals in their conference.

The evidence is there that the Big XII isn't necessarily as weak as most conference homers would paint it. I would even loft an idea that the Big XII might be one of the most diverse conferences in terms of offensive/defensive schemes.

It's evident that the majority of pre-proof "talent" is going to the SEC/texas teams if you take what all the recruiting "experts" state as fact.

I'm thankful that we get to watch the games and argue about it...I just wish that the media would just report and quit trying to interject their opinions about specific things like conference strength. They know who they are.

Several teams winning the NC that happen to be from the same conference doesn't mean that the conference as a whole is better than any other conference...logically, it would dictate just the opposite...wouldn't it? If a conference was tougher than another conference, wouldn't that mean that it would be WAY tougher to win in it?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain how Texas A&M is that much better even with JF at QB and Sumlin coaching? One big SEC win and an ass kicking of Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl doesn't exactly make them world beaters by SEC standards.

True, but I have to admit, I haven't seen an SEC team push Bama around at their own house the way Aggy did last year over the last 5 years. I think that's the main reason why people perceive Aggy as being much more relevant in the SEC than they were in the Big 12.

Last edited by a moderator: