• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What does Joe Pa know about expansion? Interesting

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paterno applauds Pitt's move to ACC

Things are changing and you're not really sure what's going to happen," Paterno said. "I don't know where we're going to end up. There might be even some speculation that Penn State maybe ought to get into something different, or we ought to try to go out and get some people from the East to come into the Big Ten.

"[Or] that we maybe ought to solicit [Big Ten commissioner] Jim Delaney and some of the leaders of the Big Ten, `Hey, why don't we go take a good look and Syracuse and Pitt, [and] now that they're at it, why don't we take a look at Rutgers and take a look at somebody that we can bring in from the East so that the Big Ten doesn't end in State College.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't see PSU leaving the B10 for the ACC.

Though I think it would be absolutely hilarious if the rumor is true and on the same day, ND and PSU head to the ACC. The look on Delany's face would be priceless.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way PSU leaves the Big 10, they have nothing to gain by doing so.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't see PSU leaving the B10 for the ACC.

Though I think it would be absolutely hilarious if the rumor is true and on the same day, ND and PSU head to the ACC. The look on Delany's face would be priceless.

Don't underestimate the fact that a team may want out of a stronger conference so they can win more.

FSU choose ACC over SEC in 1990 because they wanted an easier league to win.

PSU maybe wants into the ACC to get a broader market, better recruiting, and a better potential to win.

I know the ACC football schools would love to have PSU.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only reason I could see PSU leaving is New England.

They had a ton of fans up there in the 80s, but ever since they joined the B10, they've all disappeared.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he does really want to play more teams on the East Coast. Flying must be very uncomfortable at his age.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting Joe Pa knows a helluva lot more about expansion than he does about any of that football game he watched from the press box the other day.

Dude looked lost, he needs to retire. Love him, though.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LoL Jo Pae has no say. Just an old man giving his opinion. Read nothing more into it.