• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you think of your teams class?

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still Top 15 national and Top 3 Big Ten recruiting wise, but only two Top 100 players at the moment. Need to do better next season.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still Top 15 national and Top 3 Big Ten recruiting wise, but only two Top 100 players at the moment. Need to do better next season.
Not according to some people. All you need to do is coach the ones you have up. Don't need equal or better talent to compete!

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start for ASU. Pretty decent recruit quality with some really nice skill position players. It sounds like they held some scholarships back to see what kicks lose after the early signing day, and have a few guys who are signed but waiting to make All Star announcements before anything is officially published. If the rumors are to be believed, the Sun Devils are going to sign four 4-star WR's and two 4-star RBs when it's all said and done. It's a nice mix of skillsets too. Some size and power and some serious speed. Some of them will play immediately.

They got the best DT in the west. Nice looking DE. One of the better LB's in the west.

A little light on the OL though. That's kind of been ASU's curse for the last decade plus. The list of Phoenix area high profile OL that have left town is a long and distinguished list. I'd guess they're trying to go the portal route for now. There will probably be several more players added that aren't on the current official list, but I think it'll wind up being a nice class. Just a little concerned about the line depth.

I was honestly slightly disappointed in Arizona State's class although you did pretty well. You guys have some serious recruiting rainmakers on staff that I wouldn't mind at Texas. I thought you would snag a few more blue chips in California while USC is reeling. Not to mention, some of the best players in state left the state. Really no reason we should be getting Bijan Robinson this year or Jake Smith last year. I feel like if you guys could keep guys like that in state you could compete for the Pac 12 regularly. Granted, maybe Arizona kids aren't loyal to the state due to the large number of transplant families. That's starting to play a role in recruiting Texas as well. You guys beat us out for Eno Benjamin a few years ago for example.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our class was very underwhelming. I was figuring after winning the Coastal and making it to the Orange Bowl would’ve gotten us a better class than one being ranked in the 60s.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16th in the nation, but 8th in the SEC. 1 5-star, some highly regarded 4 star's. Of course I'm happy about this, but am less than convinced they'll be properly developed under Moosechimp.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#26 with low numbers. Only signed 19. May be more signing in February? Either way, a good showing bi Wisconsin standards. The one question mark is that they signed no running backs. The roster isn't very deep although the best we have coming back in 2020 are freshman, one a redshirt.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Par for the course.

Our class is ranked 16th to 25th or so in all the rankings systems. 4th in the B10, and then we aren't the 4th best team in the conference year in and year out since we've joined. Always the highest ranked in the B10 West, and never live up to expectations, much less exceed them.

However, I do really like 2 things:

1. We got 5 DEs to try and get after QBs. I don't think we've had a sack since Bo Pelini was coach.

2. We got 5 WRs. We couldn't get dudes open all year. While our 5'9 midgets are great, you need DUDES that can catch the ball that are 6'2" and 215+.

2 huge needs covered and I watched film of Omar Manning our JUCO WR recruit, and I just hope they put him in a box till Game 1 and then let him just play. That DUDE can play, and is fully legit. Not sure he can spell cat, but he has serious NFL talent.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all in on Nebraska Koolaid last year. Won't happen this year.

The 2018 Recruit Class is a complete bust. Hard to recruit after following Mike Riley and also coaching your former team in a bowl game against Auburn. Nebraska did get Adrian Martinez who was good as a freshman and then morphed into an indecisive turnover machine. (Does not help that he impregnated a woman volleyball player forcing her to quit the team and possibly dropping out of school. This is a rumor, but I trust my sources)

2019 Class is better because of Wandale Robinson and Ty Robinson.

Scott Frost is following his MO. Recruit speed.

The only JUCO that has panned out under Frost is Dedrick Mills, and it took the coaches all season to figure that out. Hopefully, they realize that it is nice to have a running back that can actually gain yardage between the tackles. Trying to run Wandale Robinson was a fail because the O line never could contain the edge. Then Wandale was hurt because of the pounding he was taking.

Having small, fast guys is nice, but when the O Line cannot block, it does not matter. Nebraska has recruited three receivers in the last two years that run 10.5 100 meters or less.

2020 All name recruits

Nash Hutmacher - DL
Blaise Gunnerson - DE/LB
Phelarius Payne - DL

2020 Recruits I expect the most from
Nash Hutmacher DL South Dakota
Turner Corcoran OT Kansas
Sevion Morrison RB Oklahoma
Keyshawn Greene LB Florida
Henry Gray S Florida
Jaiden Francois S Florida