• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you think of your teams class?

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall for me, I thought Oklahoma State underperformed, but we got some nice pieces.

Headliner: Shane Illingworth, 4* QB. He is our only 4* signee and looks like a complete stud. He's going to be an early enrollee so it will be interesting to see how the competition between him and Sanders goes in the spring.

Where we hit: QB obviously, but I thought we also did pretty good on the OL. Trent Pullin (great name for a guard) and Eli Russ have the potential to be multi year starters and play at the next level. Cade Bennet looks solid and the insiders say Monroe Mills is better than his recruiting rank.

Where we missed: WR and DL. At WR Matt Polk is a legacy with a solid offer list and Rashod Owens is a track guy the insiders like. But we've recruited that position as well as anyone so to take a couple of diamond in the rough like players seems like a step back. Dunn is arguably the best WR coach in the country so either guy may be the next Justin Blackmon. On the line, losing Welch to Texas late hurt. He looked like someone who had the potential to see snaps as a freshman. Grant Mahon looks serviceable at DT, but our only other signee is JUCO DE Tyren Irby and we were his only P5 offer. I think we left some meat on the bone here.

Diamond in the rough: I've got 2. Brennan Pressley was the Oklahoma Gatorade player of the year. He's small (5'7", 160 soaking wet) but he has moves. 3 inches and 30 lbs and everyone in the country is taking a look. I think we want him to play corner but he's starting to get some Tyreek Hill comparisons, so if he ends up at IR and explodes I take back my earlier comments about our WR class. If anything kick returns may be fun next year.

Mason Cobb, ILB. He's undersized (6'1", 220) as a traditional ILB but we've been recruiting guys in the back 7 that can shift between LB and Safety to defend against Big 12 offenses and he fits that mold. Impressive tackler and he has the ability to get behind the OL untouched so I think he could be a star.

Who we need to sign in February:

Daniyel Ngata 4* RB. It looks like he's likely headed to Arizona State but were in the mix. Isiah Jacobs (Josh's little bro) signed with Maryland today and Chuba is likely gonna declare so we really need another running back to step in. Hopefully we can make a late push.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best class, sleeper recruits: Pac-12 Signing Day Superlatives

BEST CLASS - Washington had the top class in the Pac-12 when Wednesday wrapped and they still could end up with a couple more players in February. Most impressive is that the Huskies weathered the departure of Chris Petersen and the promotion of Jimmy Lake to head coach and didn’t lose a single commit, but in fact, gained a commit, defensive back Jacobe Covington, who had been committed to the Huskies, opened things up, then recommitted after Lake was promoted. The Huskies have a stellar offensive line class, bolstered by All-American’s Myles Murao and Roger Rosengarten, explosive receivers in Jalen McMillan and Rome Odunze and then the top player in the Northwest, five-star outside linebacker Sav’ell Smalls.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they OP's team did pretty good, got some good reviews today on the radio.

We came in at around where I thought.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is some good (if not great) talent. Thin on numbers though.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame at #10 with only 18 signed.
Aren't they bound to move up, or have they made it hard on themselves again.??

Oklahoma with 24 signed at #9. Looks like nowhere to go, just watch and see.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State is ranked 13th, so I guess pretty good.
Though it hurts me to see the best WR born in literal Nittany country be in...those Grey and Scarlet uniforms that haunt me in my nightmares.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 4* and a bunch of 3*. Looks like some future NFL Draft picks to me.

Iowa is 31st in recruiting. One of Ferentz's best.
Sandwiched between Purdue and Minny's class. Congrats.

:dhd:

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did aight. As I posted in the other thread, we got 8 signed players who have at least one 5 Star rating in one of three major services. (Ranking is highest rank achieved in their position at any of those services)

• QB- one 5 Star (#1 in the country)
  • RB- one 5 Star, one 4 Star (#2 and #15)
  • TE- one 3 Star (#5 TE)
  • WR- one 4 Star, one 3 Star (#19 and #58 - but Ajou Ajou has higher WR potential than anyone I've seen) - We're also waiting on Xzavier Henderson (#10 WR)
  • OL- one 5 Star, four 4 Stars, one 3 Star (#2, #3, #4, #5, #8, #30)
  • DE- one 5 Star (#1)
  • DT- two 5 Stars, one 4 Star (#1, #2, and #4)
  • OLB- one 5 Star (#3)
  • ILB- Two 4 Stars (#2 and #13)
  • CB- One 5 Star, one 4 Star (#3 and #17)
  • S- One 4 Star, One 3 Star (#7 and #55)
  • K- One no rank - Dabo signed some pro quality soccer player. It seems vague and that maybe he's a soccer scholarship, not a football one, but Dabo is convinced he's a monster kicker, God knows we need one.

So yeah, we did okay. Hopefully next year is a little better.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is #12 and damn near #13 in Rivals. No QB signed so we only have two QB's on scholarship right now. Lost our biggest hope for a stud RB who blew us off at the last minute and signed with Bama. Signed some guys who are projects for the OL and DL that might be good down the road. No, I'm not happy at all. Something slipped this year. It's been a bad week for OU.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering everything that has happened, we did pretty damn good for the early signing period.

I believe we signed 16 players and still have 2 commitments that haven't signed and another big OL, who
said the other day, he would not sign until Feb as he wants to know more about us.

Taggart hadn't signed a QB since 2017 and Norvell signed two. 3-star kid out of Valdosta and we flipped
Chubba Purdy away from Louisville. (He's the 4-star brother of Iowa St QB, Brock Purdy.

We still can sign 9 more players between now and Feb, so we'll finish with a decent recruiting year.

We also flipped a 6-4 wr out of Miami. That was good because we need some height at wr.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Troy Trojans have a higher ranked class than the USC Trojans after ESD.

:yes:

If we had a Disney World we'd probably throw a parade too.

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incomplete but on the right track given the circumstances. Need to add some OL and RBs before it's over

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been assured many times Ohio State is classless

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is #12 and damn near #13 in Rivals. No QB signed so we only have two QB's on scholarship right now. Lost our biggest hope for a stud RB who blew us off at the last minute and signed with Bama. Signed some guys who are projects for the OL and DL that might be good down the road. No, I'm not happy at all. Something slipped this year. It's been a bad week for OU.
I think you guys are in pretty good with Chandler Morris (Chad Morris’ won) who is a 4 star out of Dallas. My guess is you sign him. Finding a stud RB can be harder than you would think but there are guys out there who won’t sign until Feb.