• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you think of your teams class?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year they are going to be stacked at WR: Olave, Wilson, Jameson WIlliams and then these 3 freshman.
Don't forget about Mookie Cooper. He's a playmaker for sure. I'm also interested to see how they get Jaelen Gill involved, he's gotta see the ball. If he ever gets healthy, Kamryn Babb was also a top 75 overall recruit for a reason. My god this offense is going to be loaded.

I love Jack Miller, but CJ Stroud is the real deal, and he's just scratching the surface. He could be truly special, especially working with Ryan Day.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up.

We've won 5 straight conf tittles. 7 out of the last 10 games we kicked Texas ass.
26 players drafted in the last 5 years
3 - first rouders
8 - second & third rounders

For Texas:
13 players drafted in the last 5 years
1 - first rounder
4 - second & third rounders

Not sure what Texas is selling their recruits. The current crop of recruits and future recruits does not have recent history of winning or draft success from Texas on their side.

Your observations dovetail perfectly with my prediction (when Pee Wee was hired) that he would eventually have one absolutely fantastic season and then eventually be forced to leave Texas under a cloud. The guy is shady as hell. If Slow Start Bob hadn't blown the first game of the season to Houston a few years ago none of this would have happened.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up.

We've won 5 straight conf tittles. 7 out of the last 10 games we kicked Texas ass.
26 players drafted in the last 5 years
3 - first rouders
8 - second & third rounders

For Texas:
13 players drafted in the last 5 years
1 - first rounder
4 - second & third rounders

Not sure what Texas is selling their recruits. The current crop of recruits and future recruits does not have recent history of winning or draft success from Texas on their side.

They are selling state pride, history, Austin (sucks to many of us but kids like big cities a lot of the time), and being the class that turns Texas around. By next year if Texas doesn't improve a ton Herman wont get a top 10 class and we will be starting over with a transition class. Hope rings eternal and kids believe they are the difference maker needed.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are selling state pride, history, Austin (sucks to many of us but kids like big cities a lot of the time), and being the class that turns Texas around. By next year if Texas doesn't improve a ton Herman wont get a top 10 class and we will be starting over with a transition class. Hope rings eternal and kids believe they are the difference maker needed.
Austin is a great recruiting tool. It's an awesome city for college kids and post-grads, and the idea of playing there and eventually working there if the NFL isn't in your future has to be a huge draw.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is a great recruiting tool. It's an awesome city for college kids and post-grads, and the idea of playing there and eventually working there if the NFL isn't in your future has to be a huge draw.

Most middle aged folks hate Austin but I can see how it appeals to young folks. I enjoyed it when I was younger also. Lots to do for people that age.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Darnell Washington and Kelee Ringo come aboard, I’ll really like it. Pretty solid as of now. Hearing 23 is probably the number we need to be at and we’re at 19 right now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most middle aged folks hate Austin but I can see how it appeals to young folks. I enjoyed it when I was younger also. Lots to do for people that age.
I can see growing out of it, but there are a ton of worse places to spend your 20s for sure.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska had the #1 recruiting class

West

So I am happy. Now if that would just translate into wins over Iowa and Wisconsin I would be happier than a snowflake after last night's impeachment.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start for ASU. Pretty decent recruit quality with some really nice skill position players. It sounds like they held some scholarships back to see what kicks lose after the early signing day, and have a few guys who are signed but waiting to make All Star announcements before anything is officially published. If the rumors are to be believed, the Sun Devils are going to sign four 4-star WR's and two 4-star RBs when it's all said and done. It's a nice mix of skillsets too. Some size and power and some serious speed. Some of them will play immediately.

They got the best DT in the west. Nice looking DE. One of the better LB's in the west.

A little light on the OL though. That's kind of been ASU's curse for the last decade plus. The list of Phoenix area high profile OL that have left town is a long and distinguished list. I'd guess they're trying to go the portal route for now. There will probably be several more players added that aren't on the current official list, but I think it'll wind up being a nice class. Just a little concerned about the line depth.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If class rankings mattered Texas would have been relevant the last decade.
True, but it works the other way too.

With only an exception or two, the 24 CFP participants have all have pretty highly ranked recruiting classes the previous years.

This year we had a chance at two CFP participants w/o such recruiting rankinngs, but Utah and Baylor didn't make it.

I think it will be a long time and the star aligning just right before we have teams that don't have high recruiting classes.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but it works the other way too.

With only an exception or two, the 24 CFP participants have all have pretty highly ranked recruiting classes the previous years.

This year we had a chance at two CFP participants w/o such recruiting rankinngs, but Utah and Baylor didn't make it.

I think it will be a long time and the star aligning just right before we have teams that don't have high recruiting classes.
Even then, it will only be an outlier. You can build some nice programs these days without top-10 classes - Wisconsin has done it for years now, and they've been able to hold their own well against some solid OOC teams. However, you have to develop a certain style and learn to perfect it. I think Wisconsin this year could hold their own or outright beat every team in the nation outside of LSU, Clemson, and Ohio State. However, it'll never be something that wins championships.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 class coupled with the 2019 and, oh, I am excited!!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even then, it will only be an outlier. You can build some nice programs these days without top-10 classes - Wisconsin has done it for years now, and they've been able to hold their own well against some solid OOC teams. However, you have to develop a certain style and learn to perfect it. I think Wisconsin this year could hold their own or outright beat every team in the nation outside of LSU, Clemson, and Ohio State. However, it'll never be something that wins championships.
...and still hasn't made it to the CFP.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and still hasn't made it to the CFP.
Exactly my point. It's too bad, because they're extremely well coached. Imagine if they were pulling in top-end defensive backs and edge rushers, or if they had a dynamic playmaker at QB rather than their normal game managers who are good enough to just hand it off to their RB. I'll be interested to see what happens with this new stud QB they brought in for the 2019 class. On paper, he's the most talented QB they've had since Russell Wilson.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have been happy with just our DL class. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Everyone on the DL two deep this season has at least one more year of eligibility next season.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have been happy with just our DL class. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Everyone on the DL two deep this season has at least one more year of eligibility next season.
1.jpg

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point. It's too bad, because they're extremely well coached. Imagine if they were pulling in top-end defensive backs and edge rushers, or if they had a dynamic playmaker at QB rather than their normal game managers who are good enough to just hand it off to their RB. I'll be interested to see what happens with this new stud QB they brought in for the 2019 class. On paper, he's the most talented QB they've had since Russell Wilson.
There are quite a few good, well coached teams that traditionally can't pull in good enough talent to make it. They can do all humanly possible and won't be good enough to overcome the talent gap. They could possibly overcome the talent gap ala SMU back in the day if they are willing to cheat enough. I just never see a K-State type ever being able to attract the talent of the bigger brands. Always been that way. All they can hope for is to be competitive year in and year out.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are quite a few good, well coached teams that traditionally can't pull in good enough talent to make it. They can do all humanly possible and won't be good enough to overcome the talent gap. They could possibly overcome the talent gap ala SMU back in the day if they are willing to cheat enough. I just never see a K-State type ever being able to attract the talent of the bigger brands. Always been that way. All they can hope for is to be competitive year in and year out.
That or accumulate enough years of success with an exciting, young head coach to where you resurrect a dead/mediocre program and bring them to life, a la Clemson. Before Dabo, they had won double-digit games 7 times since their first season in 1896. They're now working on their 9th straight season of the kind under Dabo and they're pulling in elite recruits left and right. Maybe not to Clemson's level, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Minnesota make a playoff under PJ Fleck. He has that type of energy, and Minnesota has a lot going for it.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That or accumulate enough years of success with an exciting, young head coach to where you resurrect a dead/mediocre program and bring them to life, a la Clemson. Before Dabo, they had won double-digit games 7 times since their first season in 1896. They're now working on their 9th straight season of the kind under Dabo and they're pulling in elite recruits left and right. Maybe not to Clemson's level, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Minnesota make a playoff under PJ Fleck. He has that type of energy, and Minnesota has a lot going for it.
That is a possibility...for some. And I would think those types would do so at the expense of one of their "biggies" in their conference. I just NEVER see a Washington State, K-State, Wake Forest or Illinois turning into a Clemson...without some shenanigans.