• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you do with Ackley and Smoak next season?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've asked this before but wasn't Davis in the original Cliff Lee deal that Texas offered but Jack used the Yanks to get Smoak over Davis?

I've heard that was the case. I can kind of see it, Chris Davis flat out sucked his first couple years in the majors, the guy would swing at everything, but in hindsight, a huge swing and a miss from Jack Z.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that was the case. I can kind of see it, Chris Davis flat out sucked his first couple years in the majors, the guy would swing at everything, but in hindsight, a huge swing and a miss from Jack Z.

But my recalling was the Smoak blew balls and was demoted prior to the deal. That was the only thing that concerned me was that there was a red flag when Jack traded our top trade piece along with Mark Lowe who actually had great value at the time. Not saying I was against it or that a rookie should be mashing the ball but from at least the stats he wasn't even servicable in his first stint in hitter friendly Texas. Hindsights 20/20 of course wanting Davis over him much like Trout over Ackley.