• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you all think?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off hello, good morning. Hope everyone has been well, have had a lot going on as of late however I thank those of you that have supported me through it all and not ridiculed me simply because my post have been odd as of late. The majority of my post as of late have been to say the least thoughtless, where as it was just simple conversation not a I want this to happen type of deal or even thought it was realistic type of deal, as in the case of CJ2K, who I believe that Dunbar is already that role that CJ2K is, I am more than fine with our RB core. This board often times is an escape for me from my busy life; but as of late it has been an escape from a life that has been very stressful and controlling. I appologize to anyone I offended, I am sorry PDay for calling you out in the manner I did, was not my intentions, nor was it my place to do so.

Well now that all the mushy stuff is out, take a look at this draft I did this morning, and my thoughts behind it.

Ok so here is the story on this draft. Traded our 1&2 to Bills at 9 for Sammy, stayed at our pick in the third to get Demarcus Lawrence to replace Demarcus Ware at Weak side, I then took our 4&5 and traded up with the skins to get their 4 which is number two in that round to pick a guy who I think can play strong DE or move in like Tuck does for Giants on obvious passing downs in Kareem Martin. So in the sixth round I know I just drafted 2 DL but I'm staying true to my board and going with BPA, btw I trade our three original 7th round picks to move up and get back into the 6th round, I see Aaron Lynch there and I'm taking him, this kid will be gold if we can get him, Our DC won't let him take plays off, also to me will probably add about 10 pounds and be able to play either end spot, some say he can swing inside on passing downs, I wouldn't do it, I like him off the edge on either side. So while I already took two DL players in 3&4 I couldn't pass up Lynch there in the 6th. In the 7th I got the Center because no one is talking about how we don't have much interior depth on this OL esp at C, I took Jay Bromley as a 1tech prospect, I like the kid and once again think DC can coach him up, and then our final pick goes to the athletics punter with the strong leg who gives us a major upgrade.

Hope you all enjoy and please let me know if you can see the picture as I am doing this from my phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 92

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I expect is some movement later in the draft due to the supplemental picks. Yes, I know we can't trade those particular picks but I think because of those picks we will use our original picks for trades like you did above.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the pick of Lawrence in the 3rd and Martin in the 4th. Overall, a quality job, and you made Twist's day putting a Star on Watkins lol

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think Watkins makes it to 9. I'd rather trade down in the 1st then trade up. Looks like you're ok with the starters/depth at S and lb.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the pick of Lawrence in the 3rd and Martin in the 4th. Overall, a quality job, and you made Twist's day putting a Star on Watkins lol

lol I know twist will like it just because of Watkins. I love Watkins, and he is probably my favorite player in the draft; BUT unlike twist I am not willing to give up two first or anymore than a 2 this year to move up and get him. After talking to a friend of mine, Evans is actually moving ahead on some teams board over Watkins. This will be on crazy draft because of all the talent in it and needs of top teams. I honestly believe Watkins can and possibly will fall, how far is the question? Will it be Cleveland passing on him at 4 and then he gets picked at 5? Or is it all the way down to STL at 13 and someone trades up to get him? Or will it be to 9 like here in my draft? All I know is if Watkins is there at 9 I'm making the move and giving up our 2 and if he is there at 13 then I'm running to STL and giving them a 3 to move up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think Watkins makes it to 9. I'd rather trade down in the 1st then trade up. Looks like you're ok with the starters/depth at S and lb.

LB yes I'm perfectly fine, they are going to switch things around and move Carter to Sam, Lee to Will, and Holloman to Mike, that makes me happy so you pair in Wilber, Durant, and some other undrafted talent to go with the other depth we have then yes. As far as safety goes I love Pryor he would be my number one safety this year, not a fan of HaHa honestly. To me I'd add depth in the form of a Vet at safety, we have plenty of youth there only player I'd draft is probably Pryor, I think you give Wilcox another chance and see if Matt Johnson is finally healthy and if so you are good at safety. I am not opposed to moving down and getting an extra two in this draft. In a perfect world I'd be able to get Watkins by giving up a 2 or 3, or I'd be able to move down and get Pryor and pick up an extra 2 or 3.

Btw don't discount Watkins falling to 9 or 13, think this way if you had to pick between Calvin or Dez who would you pick? GM's are seeing a Calvin Johnson like talent in Evans and are starting to move him to their #1 WR spot, as we all know physical build is often over hyped, and gets players picked before they should be. If you don't believe me Crabtree vs Heyward Bay. I also think Bejaman will go first round.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no way we move Lee from Mike unless we draft a top MLB. Holloman is the likely starting SOLB IMO.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I know twist will like it just because of Watkins. I love Watkins, and he is probably my favorite player in the draft; BUT unlike twist I am not willing to give up two first or anymore than a 2 this year to move up and get him. After talking to a friend of mine, Evans is actually moving ahead on some teams board over Watkins. This will be on crazy draft because of all the talent in it and needs of top teams. I honestly believe Watkins can and possibly will fall, how far is the question? Will it be Cleveland passing on him at 4 and then he gets picked at 5? Or is it all the way down to STL at 13 and someone trades up to get him? Or will it be to 9 like here in my draft? All I know is if Watkins is there at 9 I'm making the move and giving up our 2 and if he is there at 13 then I'm running to STL and giving them a 3 to move up.

I think the smart play is to sit tight and possibly trade down while on the clock. The player I've seen dropping on some boards has been Barr. I would love to see him make it to 16.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'd love to have Watkins I'd hate moving up to get him. We have too many needs, WR is not a major need, and this Draft is deep. We can easily grab 3 day one dtarters and much needed depth by staying put or trading back. By trading up you get one starter and depth..

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem here. I still maintain I've fielded more attacks on me than I've ever handed out.

what can I say.....we don't agree often on the aspects of what this team will do and be. Been that way for some time.

I will ask....you wanna bet that Lee to will lb statement? To me....that has more pop than Watkins at 9 for Dallas, which I also think it far left field.

oh well nets, we are what we are, but make no mistake about it, I respect your opinions. They are always delivered with style.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'd love to have Watkins I'd hate moving up to get him. We have too many needs, WR is not a major need, and this Draft is deep. We can easily grab 3 day one dtarters and much needed depth by staying put or trading back. By trading up you get one starter and depth..

I'd honestly say at this point in time that Lawrence, Martin, and Lunch could be staters at either DE spot. Just an opinion, but honestly I can see at least one starter out of those three easy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem here. I still maintain I've fielded more attacks on me than I've ever handed out.

what can I say.....we don't agree often on the aspects of what this team will do and be. Been that way for some time.

I will ask....you wanna bet that Lee to will lb statement? To me....that has more pop than Watkins at 9 for Dallas, which I also think it far left field.

oh well nets, we are what we are, but make no mistake about it, I respect your opinions. They are always delivered with style.

What's the bet? I'm interested, just depends on a few things. So please place your terms :suds:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that draft Nets...instead of taking a center I roll the dice with a cb. Late round gamble but, we need corners. We still need to see what JJ Wilcox will turn into kid has a lot of work to do. As for Church he's great in the box but, turning the ball over in the air he'll likely never be more than avg cover S.

So if we don't draft a S early im fine with the draft you put out for us. Watkins, Dez, and Witten would be a nightmare. That would be the Falcons 2.0. We would have to win a lot of 42-35 type games lol cause our D will likely struggle.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty simple...Sean Lee plays middlebacker this season

As of right now I'd say he will Play will, but tomorrow could change that based on who gets cut and drafted. Let's revisit this right before training camp, fair enough?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that draft Nets...instead of taking a center I roll the dice with a cb. Late round gamble but, we need corners. We still need to see what JJ Wilcox will turn into kid has a lot of work to do. As for Church he's great in the box but, turning the ball over in the air he'll likely never be more than avg cover S.

So if we don't draft a S early im fine with the draft you put out for us. Watkins, Dez, and Witten would be a nightmare. That would be the Falcons 2.0. We would have to win a lot of 42-35 type games lol cause our D will likely struggle.

you know we only have 1 center(Frederick) on the roster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the pick due to the fact Watkins is probably the best or second best player in this draft, while it isn't the biggest need to get him, it still is a need no matter how strong you feel about Twill or keeping Dez. Now it doesn't have to be Watkins that we draft at WR, but in this scenario I like it as long as we don't give up anymore than a 2 or 3. As a disclaimer though, last time I wanted to do this for a player it was Mo Claiborne and for now, oops I missed on that one lol, but we will see after this year how that one turns out. Another reason I like this pick is because it makes our O even more deadly, and gives us the ability to franchise Dez next year if we don't get the deal we want, not to mention we get what most people see as a future top 10 WR at a very low cost, we would have the best receiving core in the NFL. Finally while I believe our D will be better than last year, I still think you have to have the ability to put up points from multiple ways and players. The reason Dez struggled so much is because you don't have to respect anyone other than him, not Miles, not TWill, ect no one strikes fear in the other teams D, Watkins would change that week 1.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now I'd say he will Play will, but tomorrow could change that based on who gets cut and drafted. Let's revisit this right before training camp, fair enough?

fine.

some get caught up in Lee's coverage abilitybut make no mistake, you don't want Lee on one side of the field, not the way he prepares and reads defenses. You want this guy in the middle going sideline to sideline.

now...if you wanna throw out shock value opinions that could gain wings. Dallas drafts Ryan Shazier to play will, move cater to strong where he works against TE while Lee does what he does best

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fine.

some get caught up in Lee's coverage abilitybut make no mistake, you don't want Lee on one side of the field, not the way he prepares and reads defenses. You want this guy in the middle going sideline to sideline.

now...if you wanna throw out shock value opinions that could gain wings. Dallas drafts Ryan Shazier to play will, move cater to strong where he works against TE while Lee does what he does best

I won't argue with you that Lee is the best player on the D and that he shouldn't be subjected to a lesser role that doesn't show case his talent, but would you value Brooks or Briggs any less simply because of the roles they played not being mike? I think this is the philosophy the team is taking with them as of now. Just a thought, but come June should have an answer for you.