• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you all think?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not do well with "the trade back". We got reamed by SF. Also, we really don't know if we got the guy we wanted or not. We did get what looks like a great young player, but I don't feel comfortable that we could do it again.

Spin it any way you want, they had an excellent draft

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not do well with "the trade back". We got reamed by SF. Also, we really don't know if we got the guy we wanted or not. We did get what looks like a great young player, but I don't feel comfortable that we could do it again.

Agree, Jerry per the trade chart should have had a 2 included over the extra 3; but knowing Jerry he still would have took TWill with that extra 2. I talked to my friend about this the other day as he is a 9ers fan and attempts to talk trash about how his team got over on Jerry. I said it matters not, because Jerry would have either missed on a player or just drafted TWill higher than what he did. I do not mind trading up in this draft by only giving up a 2 OR 3, nor do I mind trading back in this draft. This draft is loaded with talent or so it seems on the DL which is exactly what we need.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As of now it looks like we had a really good draft except for Webb, but Jerry did get very lucky with the draft. I am not one to say Travis would be there in the second or third round, but I am one to say that the draft could have been better, but on the flip side it could have been worse. I'll take what I was given and be happy lol.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say that after year one it definitely looks like they had a good draft. How good could it have been if we didn't get bent over on the trade I wonder. I don't think anything I said was spin. I also don't think anything I said was anything but factual

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a fantastic draft IMO

Thanks, I wonder how the real draft will turn out. I see us adding depth on the DL, a lot of pass rushers rather than one big name. I think Rod likes having a lot of guys that can go and get 6-8 sacks versus one guy that can get 12. Think about it this way:

Ware and Hatcher could get you 20 sacks total, add in the rest of the starters to give you another 8 sacks with your bench giving you another 8 sacks. That is 36 Sacks

Now take it this way, say we add a Spencer, Melton, Crawford, Selvie, Mency, and then the rookies that I drafted in Murphy, Martin, and Lawrence and lets say each of then get you 6 sacks each which is very possible you now are at 48 sacks, then you take a McClain and rookie like Sutton and Bromley to add in another 2 sacks each you are over 50 sacks. I think this is the way to go. You will not have an All Pro on the DL except for Melton; but you will have the best DL rotation in the NFL never gets tired, and leads the league in sacks. I personally love this idea of having a lot of guys able to get 6-8 sacks rather than an overpaid Ware and Hatcher that may get you 13 (Ware) and 7 (Hatcher) for a total of 20 sacks and never come off, rotation baby rotation, major depth. This is a major reason why I am saying we can add a guy like Watkins if it only cost us a 2 OR 3 due to the depth in this draft.

If you say I am being to kind with the sacks, then lets say each of the top players give you 5 sacks on average then you are still at 40 sacks. This does not include the fact that Carter will probably blitz more, and others who will get you sacks. If this draft turns out the way it should I will go on record and say 40 plus sacks this year without a Ware or Hatcher on this team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many DL are we going to carry? Add in Hayden and Bass who will both be on the team and that's already 13. But heck, it's almost 60 sacks...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets, What site are you using. Firstpick. Com is nice but the trade opportunities are too inviting. They often let you trade back from 16 to 18 and give you a 2nd rounder. Hell they have given a 2nd to trade back to 17.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many DL are we going to carry? Add in Hayden and Bass who will both be on the team and that's already 13. But heck, it's almost 60 sacks...

Depends on who we draft. I think we will go heavy on DL, because Rod loves many rather than a few that can rush.

QB- 3
RB- 3
WR- 5
TE- 3
OL- 8
DL- 13
LB- 7
DB- 9
K- 1
P- 1
LS- 1

Total- 54, so not to far off from 53, in a 4-3 base maybe we only take 6 LB's.....who knows, I don't think it is that far off of an idea to go heavy on DL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets, What site are you using. Firstpick. Com is nice but the trade opportunities are too inviting. They often let you trade back from 16 to 18 and give you a 2nd rounder. Hell they have given a 2nd to trade back to 17.

Fanspeak is the one I use. I try to be ask realistic as I can by using the trade chart; but often times I find I am still a little off. As with this last draft I did today I traded 16 for 28 and 28 in second round, I should have also been able to get a 4th too, but couldn't.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be assuming all the DL Nets chose would make the 53. We should be so lucky.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who we draft. I think we will go heavy on DL, because Rod loves many rather than a few that can rush.

QB- 3
RB- 3
WR- 5
TE- 3
OL- 8
DL- 13
LB- 7
DB- 9
K- 1
P- 1
LS- 1

Total- 54, so not to far off from 53, in a 4-3 base maybe we only take 6 LB's.....who knows, I don't think it is that far off of an idea to go heavy on DL.

Last year at cut down day I think we went to 9. So 11 maybe would be the absolute max? My concern with bringing in marginal FAs and late draft picks if we can't put them on the PS is that we may end up running into a numbers game. I want to resign Spencer if the $'s fit and he looks healthy enough to consider. Add in all the guys we have under contract and a few draft picks and we could be over whatever that magic number is. Quantity is great, but quality is the biggest need.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be assuming all the DL Nets chose would make the 53. We should be so lucky.....

yes, that was my point. Some of them might not make the final roster and you can't count their sacks if they don't.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why people think we should draft dix or pryor just because we happen to suck at that position. Neither one of them resemble best player available at 16. There is very little difference between those 2 and what we can find in the middle rounds. There is no earl thomas,eric berry or ed reed in this draft class. I would reach for shazier before I would take either one of those guys. You can also add Jernigan to the high bust potential list. You find a massive 1 tech and the combination of shazier and lee would fix the run defense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we took Shazier over Dix I'd be pissed. Dix looks like a top 10 or at least 20 pick to me (obviously you disagree). Shazier I want no part of anywhere near pick #16. Don't see him as being a smart pick for us.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why people think we should draft dix or pryor just because we happen to suck at that position. Neither one of them resemble best player available at 16. There is very little difference between those 2 and what we can find in the middle rounds. There is no earl thomas,eric berry or ed reed in this draft class. I would reach for shazier before I would take either one of those guys. You can also add Jernigan to the high bust potential list. You find a massive 1 tech and the combination of shazier and lee would fix the run defense

So Dix and Pryor aren't the next Ed Reed or Earl Thomas, so we should take Shazier or Jernigan? I like Shazier and Jernigan, but there's no guarantee they are the next Luke Kuechly and Darnell Dockett either

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year at cut down day I think we went to 9. So 11 maybe would be the absolute max? My concern with bringing in marginal FAs and late draft picks if we can't put them on the PS is that we may end up running into a numbers game. I want to resign Spencer if the $'s fit and he looks healthy enough to consider. Add in all the guys we have under contract and a few draft picks and we could be over whatever that magic number is. Quantity is great, but quality is the biggest need.

Agree with this, 11 max. Rotation is good, but a quality rotation over just throwing guys in.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well so you're comparing them to guys at the top of their position... They don't have to be, but whose to say they can't be around top 10-12 in the league? If you don't like the value then trade back and get them a little later. Or you can draft someone in the 2nd. The position needs to be upgraded and I think it should be before the late rounds.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll bite this one time if for no other reason, I share your like for Ryan Shazier as a football player that will do well at the next level. Spotting LB's with game is a solid observation. HOWEVER....My statement about Shazier at 16 was before ANY offensive player. Shazier still looks better at 20 something. He won't be there at 40 something.

You have this campaign against Dix and Pryor while 99.9% of the so-called draft experts say they will be successful players in the NFL. Most have them mocked with 1st round grades. You are flat out wrong about these two safeties IMO. Both would come in here and play from the start. Church on his best day is NFL average and he's the best we have back there at this time. Upgrade in high demand and I can't think of many I'd draft at 16 should Dix be there....really for me, Pryor too.

One thing I think is very likely, Jerry will go left field and if that's offense...give me a defensive reach for a football player with high motor and strong desire to excel. Shazier fits to me.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bite this one time if for no other reason, I share your like for Ryan Shazier as a football player that will do well at the next level. Spotting LB's with game is a solid observation. HOWEVER....My statement about Shazier at 16 was before ANY offensive player. Shazier still looks better at 20 something. He won't be there at 40 something.

You have this campaign against Dix and Pryor while 99.9% of the so-called draft experts say they will be successful players in the NFL. Most have them mocked with 1st round grades. You are flat out wrong about these two safeties IMO. Both would come in here and play from the start. Church on his best day is NFL average and he's the best we have back there at this time. Upgrade in high demand and I can't think of many I'd draft at 16 should Dix be there....really for me, Pryor too.

One thing I think is very likely, Jerry will go left field and if that's offense...give me a defensive reach for a football player with high motor and strong desire to excel. Shazier fits to me.

This. All this.