• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you all think?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue with you that Lee is the best player on the D and that he shouldn't be subjected to a lesser role that doesn't show case his talent, but would you value Brooks or Briggs any less simply because of the roles they played not being mike? I think this is the philosophy the team is taking with them as of now. Just a thought, but come June should have an answer for you.

I could see Lee playing Will if the Cowboys drafted CJ Mosley. That woulod be two backers with fantastic instincts, wouldn't really matter which was which

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I FUCKING LOVE IT

You got 2 players I want .... HAHAHA

OFC Watkins ..... but Kareem Martin too

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue with you that Lee is the best player on the D and that he shouldn't be subjected to a lesser role that doesn't show case his talent, but would you value Brooks or Briggs any less simply because of the roles they played not being mike? I think this is the philosophy the team is taking with them as of now. Just a thought, but come June should have an answer for you.

nothing to do with another scenario on some other team. This is Lee's defense now on a team that sure needs a leader. Sorry the ass comes out in me here, but I have my answer with zero need to wait for June. It me, it's funny that it's a topic in the first place.

I still wish we could put all these posts about who we should take and what a player from his college resume will be. Sorry I tend to get a little ass holeish at some of the off the wall shit posted about all that. I've always viewed these type boards as.... if you post it, may have to defend the point and there's the entertainment value most of the time. I try to defend my position with the best of um and that's the rub I suppose

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Lee playing Will if the Cowboys drafted CJ Mosley. That woulod be two backers with fantastic instincts, wouldn't really matter which was which

sure dude....Mosley is sure fire proven to be what Lee is right now.
He did after all play at Bama.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Shazier at #16 than Mosley. Since the signing of Melton, been tapping the breaks on the Aaron Donald bandwagon. I don't think we could live with both on the field at the same time, nor would it make sense to make our #1 pick sit the bench as a situational player. I find myself welcoming a trade back - if we can find that right partner. Our coup could be the top FS or Shazier and a xtra 3rd. Fill out the LB core, get more speed on the field and add a pick. Speaking of speed, I want the edge rusher from Georgia Tech (Attaochu). He's only an inch shorter and 9 lbs less than DWare. Has a good motor, but a little raw - 1 year DE experience.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure dude....Mosley is sure fire proven to be what Lee is right now.
He did after all play at Bama.

Don't get the Alabama comment, since my team is UK. Guess if he had been from TCU, you'd have been more receptive. And I get that you are a Lee Homer, good deal, so am I. But to suggest there's no one that could move Lee off the middle is absurd. What if we had taken Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner the last couple of years? Sure, one of those guys could have played outside, but it's more likely Lee would have gone to Will, and it's not an insult at all. If the Cowboys took Mosley, I'm sure Lee would be good either way, if it made the team better

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Pday on this one. No way we move Lee from MLB. That is just crazy.

If they ever considered it. It would be out of necessity. Like injuries & having to just Frankenstein the defense til players came back.
No way they draft to move Lee from MLB. That would be just plain dumb. & a waste of a pick.
we have plenty of needs. messing with the players that don't need replacing isn't a luxury the cowboys has to play with.

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving a middle linebacker to the Will is always a good idea.

Just look at how great it worked out for Carter

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a draft guru the other day on the radio - they asked him the best football player in the draft - the guy said Donald with Watkins being a close 2nd. Most talented- Clowney. Not that any of that means a whole hell of a lot especially since I saw a mock where Donald went about 20th

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a draft guru the other day on the radio - they asked him the best football player in the draft - the guy said Donald with Watkins being a close 2nd. Most talented- Clowney. Not that any of that means a whole hell of a lot especially since I saw a mock where Donald went about 20th

Atleast I'm not alone in picking those two guys ...... I guess I'm not crazy :yahoo: after all

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a fan of trading up, especially when the Draft is stocked with a lot of talent in the early rounds. I'd prefer to stay at 16 or trade back.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a fan of trading up, especially when the Draft is stocked with a lot of talent in the early rounds. I'd prefer to stay at 16 or trade back.

99% of the time I agree

I just see Watkins as THAT GUY .... I wouldnt trade up for Donald but if he is there at 16...... only one other player I want in that spot and it's Clinton-Dix

Without one of those .... I want a trade down in this draft....

I stand firmon what I've said before the 2nd and 3rd round of this draft are a gold mine (Which is why I would do a trade with next years first .... gets us a player and adds an extra pick

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too, with the exception of the trade back. Don't trust Jerry with that maneuver - probably never will. Sixteen is where I'd pick, unless we gain picks through trades prior to the draft.

Excellent draft class + too many needs = don't fuck with the draft.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99% of the time I agree

I just see Watkins as THAT GUY .... I wouldnt trade up for Donald but if he is there at 16...... only one other player I want in that spot and it's Clinton-Dix

Without one of those .... I want a trade down in this draft....

I stand firm on what I've said before the 2nd and 3rd round of this draft are a gold mine (Which is why I would do a trade with next years first .... gets us a player and adds an extra pick

The depth in the draft is the only thing that gives me pause at my opinion on staying put at 16. With any other GM I would probably say, "There's nothing to lose and an extra player to gain."

But then I remember - the problem is the "any other GM" part. WE DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER GM. WE HAVE JERRY. He would waste whatever pick we gain by trading down on a project player in his 18th attempt to prove he knows what he's doing. The result is that we end up with a lower grade player than we could have had and a project player that gets cut within three years.

This year is the wrong year to trade down. Wait until next year, when the draft isn't expected to be as deep, and then take your Jerry-shot at a project player. Who knows? Maybe Jerry will hit on one eventually.

If we trade, my hope is for a trade up, but only if that means we have gained draft picks through trades before the draft. Dez for a first this year and a second next year sounds reasonable - that would be definite trade bait for Watkins, especially if he goes at 9 like Nets got him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The depth in the draft is the only thing that gives me pause at my opinion on staying put at 16. With any other GM I would probably say, "There's nothing to lose and an extra player to gain."

But then I remember - the problem is the "any other GM" part. WE DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER GM. WE HAVE JERRY. He would waste whatever pick we gain by trading down on a project player in his 18th attempt to prove he knows what he's doing. The result is that we end up with a lower grade player than we could have had and a project player that gets cut within three years.

This year is the wrong year to trade down. Wait until next year, when the draft isn't expected to be as deep, and then take your Jerry-shot at a project player. Who knows? Maybe Jerry will hit on one eventually.

If we trade, my hope is for a trade up, but only if that means we have gained draft picks through trades before the draft. Dez for a first this year and a second next year sounds reasonable - that would be definite trade bait for Watkins, especially if he goes at 9 like Nets got him.

Except for the fact that Jerry did pretty well with the trade back last season....He got the guy he wanted in Fredrick and was able to add TWilliams as well. I would gladly add two guys like that again for whoever we could land at 16

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Pday on this one. No way we move Lee from MLB. That is just crazy.

If they ever considered it. It would be out of necessity. Like injuries & having to just Frankenstein the defense til players came back.
No way they draft to move Lee from MLB. That would be just plain dumb. & a waste of a pick.
we have plenty of needs. messing with the players that don't need replacing isn't a luxury the cowboys has to play with.

I generally agree which is why I'll never see him moved for a guy like Carter or Holloman. All that would do is weaken our team. He is EASILY our best defensive player right now. Think about it, is anyone even close? I would only move him if the player meets two criteria - expected to be almost as good as Lee in the middle (I won't say as good, because it's crazy to think anyone on this team this year would be) and cannot play any other spot in this defense. One of the things that makes Lee so special is that he does everything great. The guy can play any of these LB spots at an All Pro level, which is the only reason this is even a discussion. He could move to the weak side tomorrow and still be the best player on our defense. We need to keep him healthy, but you can't sacrifice the MLB position to do it unless it makes sense, because to be honest there is no guarantee he stays heatlhy on the weak side either.

So while I'll say there is no one on this roster that we will make the move for, if we take Mosley in the first it will look like that is the team's plan. I wouldn't do it personally because I love Lee in the middle of this D and I am very high on Holloman. If you made me pick between Carter and Holloman right now, I take Holloman. So if you bring in a guy like Mosley at #16 it isn't to sit the bench. So he starts, Lee starts and you've road blocked either Carter or Holloman because they are all so young. That's OK, and I'm all for competition, but if Carter turns it around and Holloman continues to improve there was no need to use a first round pick at the position and even worse no reason to talk about moving Lee. Now a year from now I may feel differently, but right now I am fine with not using an early pick at LB. I liked how Wilbur looked at SOLB even though it was over a short period. I think Durant can play a nice backup role on either the strong side or the middle. I still want to see how Albright looks and where he fits in this defense if at all. If Simms is back he has a little bit of flexibility also. So, my plan would be take a player if he drops, but lets not move all of our LBs around until we get a better idea of what we have. I also still feel that if he drops you take Barr at #16. He starts on the strong side and moves to DE on 3rd downs. This lets Carter and Holloman fight it out on the weak side and lets all the other guys provide depth.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins looks like the real deal,but I think we have too many holes to trade up. I would prefer to trade down if donald is gone. I would rather trade down and take cooks, then use one of the picks we get on caraun reid. Reid can play both DT positions. I would also take daquan jones with n early pick. My dream draft probably would be to stay put and take Barr if he falls. Then draft reid and jones. Those 3 guys combined with what we have would give us one hell of a rotation on the dl. Reid to me is better than most of the dt in this draft.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another day a different draft.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 54

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the fact that Jerry did pretty well with the trade back last season....He got the guy he wanted in Fredrick and was able to add TWilliams as well. I would gladly add two guys like that again for whoever we could land at 16

We did not do well with "the trade back". We got reamed by SF. Also, we really don't know if we got the guy we wanted or not. We did get what looks like a great young player, but I don't feel comfortable that we could do it again.