• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you all think?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, that was my point. Some of them might not make the final roster and you can't count their sacks if they don't.

I'm not saying we will have 13 make it, not even saying all will contribute with sacks. What I am saying that if we get two rookies with Selvie, Mincey, Spencer, Melton, and Crawford, who could all average between 5-6 sacks on the year your DL alone would have about 35-42 sacks this is the depth that I am talking about, depth which is actual quality; so this doesn't include your 1techs like McClain or Hayden, nor Bass and others. However it does say that hey I am not that far off if this is their philosophy; and maybe that philosophy includes taking Spencer and only one high round rookie in the first four rounds on the DL; or maybe it says no Spencer and two high round DL in first four rounds, idk. My point is though the players on this team that start can all get us 6 sacks they've done it or in my eyes have potential to do so, if you add a Spencer and a rookie or two that have these talents then you add quality depth.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying we will have 13 make it, not even saying all will contribute with sacks. What I am saying that if we get two rookies with Selvie, Mincey, Spencer, Melton, and Crawford, who could all average between 5-6 sacks on the year your DL alone would have about 35-42 sacks this is the depth that I am talking about, depth which is actual quality; so this doesn't include your 1techs like McClain or Hayden, nor Bass and others. However it does say that hey I am not that far off if this is their philosophy; and maybe that philosophy includes taking Spencer and only one high round rookie in the first four rounds on the DL; or maybe it says no Spencer and two high round DL in first four rounds, idk. My point is though the players on this team that start can all get us 6 sacks they've done it or in my eyes have potential to do so, if you add a Spencer and a rookie or two that have these talents then you add quality depth.

I think we go light on LB and OL to be honest. Lee in my opinion can play Will and Mike, but as PDay has said is best at Mike because of skill set, Carter can play all three spots but I would think is best at Sam, Durant can probably play either outside role, Holloman can play Mike or Sam, Wilber fits in as a Sam, the reason I say this is because if one goes down you have depth with in the ability to move players around, due to skill set, and while it is not the ideal position to be in, it is an idea. Same goes with OL, Mac B can play all interior spots and Parnell is swing Tackle, so you add two more bodies, more than likely inside OL and you probably are a go. It is so early that no one can say what will happen; but to be honest if it was me, I would carry the best 11 DL I could, and try to sneak 2 more on the PS.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bite this one time if for no other reason, I share your like for Ryan Shazier as a football player that will do well at the next level. Spotting LB's with game is a solid observation. HOWEVER....My statement about Shazier at 16 was before ANY offensive player. Shazier still looks better at 20 something. He won't be there at 40 something.

You have this campaign against Dix and Pryor while 99.9% of the so-called draft experts say they will be successful players in the NFL. Most have them mocked with 1st round grades. You are flat out wrong about these two safeties IMO. Both would come in here and play from the start. Church on his best day is NFL average and he's the best we have back there at this time. Upgrade in high demand and I can't think of many I'd draft at 16 should Dix be there....really for me, Pryor too.

One thing I think is very likely, Jerry will go left field and if that's offense...give me a defensive reach for a football player with high motor and strong desire to excel. Shazier fits to me.

Far from average on his best day bro, when talking about Church he plays his role; and plays it very well. I will say this though Pryor is one hell of a player and I will say that I believe he is the best safety in the draft hands down. My only problem with this is that we have a ton of youth at safety right now and I am willing to give them one more year to prove it. HOWEVER if we can trade down and pick up an extra 2 and still get Pryor at lets say 25-28 than I am all go for it and will have no complaints in doing so, and will be more than happy.

I just think that while safety could be upgraded, it is one of the few positions I actually would not be mad if they didn't upgrade it. I will try to do two different drafts today and post them, one with Pryor and one without Pryor and make them as real ass possible, and please understand I will try my best to do so. Would like to see which one you and others like better.

Understand I am a huge Pryor fan, but with that being said I only want him if it's late first with the addition of an extra pick due to our needs as a team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we took Shazier over Dix I'd be pissed. Dix looks like a top 10 or at least 20 pick to me (obviously you disagree). Shazier I want no part of anywhere near pick #16. Don't see him as being a smart pick for us.

I don't like Dix, but I hate Shazier. I would shit a brick if they picked Shazier at any point in the first. Pryor is the only Safety I have a first round grade on to be honest.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from average on his best day bro, when talking about Church he plays his role; and plays it very well. I will say this though Pryor is one hell of a player and I will say that I believe he is the best safety in the draft hands down. My only problem with this is that we have a ton of youth at safety right now and I am willing to give them one more year to prove it. HOWEVER if we can trade down and pick up an extra 2 and still get Pryor at lets say 25-28 than I am all go for it and will have no complaints in doing so, and will be more than happy.

I just think that while safety could be upgraded, it is one of the few positions I actually would not be mad if they didn't upgrade it. I will try to do two different drafts today and post them, one with Pryor and one without Pryor and make them as real ass possible, and please understand I will try my best to do so. Would like to see which one you and others like better.

Understand I am a huge Pryor fan, but with that being said I only want him if it's late first with the addition of an extra pick due to our needs as a team.

Long time with you Nets and I'm fine with all stated football opinions as they relate between you and me.
Perhaps we both value our opinions far greater than they actually are. I know one of us does.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Dix, but I hate Shazier. I would shit a brick if they picked Shazier at any point in the first. Pryor is the only Safety I have a first round grade on to be honest.

Yeah, everyone is torn on those two. I really don't like Pryor, but like Dix a lot. Honestly for me I am OK with whomever they pick as long as it doesn't reek of desperation or "getting cute". I'll trust the scouts and see how it falls...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with P DAy on Church. What is it that people see in him I don't get? Decent player, but nothing special. Good in the box, poor with the ball in the air and for a guy that is supposed to be such a good tackler he takes a lot of bad angles. I saw writers saying he should have gotten Pro Bowl consideration and I just scratch my head. but then again, I never was fooled by Hamlin either. I am fine with him starting and I am fine with him coming off the bench if Wilcox or someone else steps up AND we take a safety early that turns out to be a player...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long time with you Nets and I'm fine with all stated football opinions as they relate between you and me.
Perhaps we both value our opinions far greater than they actually are. I know one of us does.

I love my opinion lol ;-)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So PDay and others what do you all think about this one? Btw here is the story on it, this is the Pryor draft btw...Traded with Philly at 22 for their 1 & 2, took Pryor at 22, then I traded up my pick at 15 overall in second round and my third round pick with Houston at 1 overall in second round to get Mosley, then I took the Philly pick I got in the second round for trading down in the first and took Jordan Matthews 22nd overall in the second round, with no third round pick and a need at DE still I took Jeffcoat who while I'm not to high on I still think adds value as a mid fourth round pick for an area of need. In the fifth round I took Ikard knowing I need inside depth on my OL. Knowing I still need help at DE I took Lynch who has a ton of talent in the sixth after trading my 3 original seventh round picks to move up and grab him. What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 81
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with P DAy on Church. What is it that people see in him I don't get? Decent player, but nothing special. Good in the box, poor with the ball in the air and for a guy that is supposed to be such a good tackler he takes a lot of bad angles. I saw writers saying he should have gotten Pro Bowl consideration and I just scratch my head. but then again, I never was fooled by Hamlin either. I am fine with him starting and I am fine with him coming off the bench if Wilcox or someone else steps up AND we take a safety early that turns out to be a player...

I was never high on Hamlin. I take Church for what he is, an in the box safety. That is why I say he is more than average. He isn't meant to be a high side safety, if he was than he would be less than average, he plays his role very well, it's the SS we need help with a safety high type of player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, everyone is torn on those two. I really don't like Pryor, but like Dix a lot. Honestly for me I am OK with whomever they pick as long as it doesn't reek of desperation or "getting cute". I'll trust the scouts and see how it falls...

It's not the scouts I don't trust lol, it's Jerry.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So PDay and others what do you all think about this one? Btw here is the story on it, this is the Pryor draft btw...Traded with Philly at 22 for their 1 & 2, took Pryor at 22, then I traded up my pick at 15 overall in second round and my third round pick with Houston at 1 overall in second round to get Mosley, then I took the Philly pick I got in the second round for trading down in the first and took Jordan Matthews 22nd overall in the second round, with no third round pick and a need at DE still I took Jeffcoat who while I'm not to high on I still think adds value as a mid fourth round pick for an area of need. In the fifth round I took Ikard knowing I need inside depth on my OL. Knowing I still need help at DE I took Lynch who has a ton of talent in the sixth after trading my 3 original seventh round picks to move up and grab him. What do you think?

Good draft. Actually damn great draft, but once I saw one of those drafts with Robinson dropping to us and the next day with Watkins droppng to us I stopped looking. They may be fun to do, but there is no correlation between those drafts and what actually might occur. It's like joining a free cbs fantasy baseball league and high fiving your partner because you got Trout with the #10 pick because half the people forgot they joined the league...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like joining a free cbs fantasy baseball league and high fiving your partner because you got Trout with the #10 pick because half the people forgot they joined the league...

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now that's a draft I'd love

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's a draft I'd love

Bro I would as well, that's 3 starters, possibly 4. We will see how this draft goes though come May. If the draft did happen this way I could easily say we could be better on both sides of the ball than last year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro I would as well, that's 3 starters, possibly 4. We will see how this draft goes though come May. If the draft did happen this way I could easily say we could be better on both sides of the ball than last year.

I love that draft as well, though I believe in this years draft it's gonna be hard as heck to trade down, and I dont think anyone's giving up a #1 and #2 to move up unless it's top 10. The prospects at almost every position carry a similar grade from the 1st to the 2nd this year at most positions. Look at QB, I think Garappolo, Mettenberger, Carr and Savage are every bit as solid as prospects as Manziel, Bridgewater and Bortles. That said, I'd be ecstatic with your draft

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter football mocks Lewan to the Cowboys. I think he would be a good RT, I like the athletism that Ealy has. I thinkk we can get 4 or 5 new starters as we have shit talent at many positions. I would try and snare RT Henderson from Miami and go defense with the rest of the picks. We have needs all over the defense, no reason why they can't get this defense to middle of the pack

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have added some nice pieces with what we have got in FA so far. We draft 3 defensive lineman in rounds 1-3 to rotate in and the defense will improve. It think tweeners like Dee Ford and James Gayle would be nice. I don't know what other s think, but our line backing corp really sux whenever Lee is out. I would not mind seeing us take shazier or van noy.