• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the Mariners do with Felix P.II

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow up to a thread I made two years ago:

How much longer does Felix have left?

As of this post, he has given up 4 runs in 3 innings as the backup starter today. I'm aware of how much he's being paid, but at this point I genuinely do think a journeyman pitcher is better at this point.

He might be able to make adjustments over the offseason and reinvent himself. He won't be doing that doing the regular season. It may take a period of self reflection and re-training, but that isn't going to happen now.

I have my personal doubts as to if that will happen, but I'm still hoping it does. This team is currently a playoff contender and right now Felix is a dead weight on the team.

What do the Mariners do with Felix? I don't know. I just don't believe he is worthy of a spot on this team at this point.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow up to a thread I made two years ago:

How much longer does Felix have left?

As of this post, he has given up 4 runs in 3 innings as the backup starter today. I'm aware of how much he's being paid, but at this point I genuinely do think a journeyman pitcher is better at this point.

He might be able to make adjustments over the offseason and reinvent himself. He won't be doing that doing the regular season. It may take a period of self reflection and re-training, but that isn't going to happen now.

I have my personal doubts as to if that will happen, but I'm still hoping it does. This team is currently a playoff contender and right now Felix is a dead weight on the team.

What do the Mariners do with Felix? I don't know. I just don't believe he is worthy of a spot on this team at this point.

Felix has had 2 years to reinvent himself and he hasn't, soooooo I don't expect him to start this offseason. The best the M's can do is make him the 5th starter or long relief in 2019. No team will trade a flaming bag of dog shit for him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix has had 2 years to reinvent himself and he hasn't, soooooo I don't expect him to start this offseason. The best the M's can do is make him the 5th starter or long relief in 2019. No team will trade a flaming bag of dog shit for him.

Yeah, but I don't think that he is worthy of being a #5 or a long reliever at this point.

I hope he adjusts, but as I said in the original post, I don't think it'll happen. He got lucky enough that his ERA wasn't horrendous when he has been pitching like this for a long time now.

My thought is that right now he doesn't belong on the roster. He's only there because of what he has done for the franchise and how much he's getting paid.

He doesn't look any better as a long reliever or replacement starter IMO.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I don't think that he is worthy of being a #5 or a long reliever at this point.

I hope he adjusts, but as I said in the original post, I don't think it'll happen. He got lucky enough that his ERA wasn't horrendous when he has been pitching like this for a long time now.

My thought is that right now he doesn't belong on the roster. He's only there because of what he has done for the franchise and how much he's getting paid.

He doesn't look any better as a long reliever or replacement starter IMO.

Can't cut him cause they still owe him so move him to the pen for relief purposes. Inning here or there. I'm only saying long relief if our starter got bounced early and down by quite a few.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want to see him out of the bullpen for a bit when he's not starting. As soon as he was demoted Paxton got hit and Felix went right back to starting.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want to see him out of the bullpen for a bit when he's not starting. As soon as he was demoted Paxton got hit and Felix went right back to starting.

But what would you do for 2019?

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is not a new problem...it is an old one...A LOT of pitchers go through what filix is going through ..

so when he is not on..ya gota take him outa there...

forget about

#1trading him
#2 how much money he makes

the problem is old pitchers...problem....it is what it is....tons and tons of teams have and will deal with the
exact same prob

the front end of the bull pen//starter is a good spot for guys who have that prob..and is a usual...for old school

it is the new school who...are saying whaaaat we thought we knew everything ..and the old guys knew nothing

well now new school are getting a clue....welcome aboard

having a pitcher in the condition that felix is in is a normal
that is where you get long relief/ start... a lot of times

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now we just have to go get some analytics....for that..lol

or go analize that

or analize this....you..........lol

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres not much you can do for this season. Since Dipoto still doesn't think addressing the rotation is important he will probably be starting games by default the final 6 weeks.

I'm not gonna say I hope he reinvents himself over the off seaon because its just rehashing the same conversation we've had for 3 straight offseasons.

Make him earn a spot in the rotation in the spring. Build your rotation as if he's your #5 at best.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres not much you can do for this season. Since Dipoto still doesn't think addressing the rotation is important he will probably be starting games by default the final 6 weeks.

I'm not gonna say I hope he reinvents himself over the off seaon because its just rehashing the same conversation we've had for 3 straight offseasons.

Make him earn a spot in the rotation in the spring. Build your rotation as if he's your #5 at best.

yeah..i would go

paxton
______
gonzales
leake
lablanc
ramerez......the thing is you really dont want to start..lablanc or ramirez ...the whole season..so

right now paxton is out so if he comes back bradford will have to go down or trade or romine DFAed
and vincej who could take over for romine is on the 40 man...and can be sent down

which would make an 8 man pen..with hernandez moving to there

hernandez
elias.............and that is it.....and with one more # 2 it would be good...both these guys would start /long relief

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah..i would go

paxton
______
gonzales
leake
lablanc
ramerez......the thing is you really dont want to start..lablanc or ramirez ...the whole season..so

right now paxton is out so if he comes back bradford will have to go down or trade or romine DFAed
and vincej who could take over for romine is on the 40 man...and can be sent down

which would make an 8 man pen..with hernandez moving to there

hernandez
elias.............and that is it.....and with one more # 2 it would be good...both these guys would start /long relief

Numbers don't lie... It is a what have you done for me lately league but the Mariners still try to live off of names of has beens...