• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What changes would you like to see in the NFL?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a field goal that is shorter than an extra point be worth less than three points.

I think both of you have it backwards, with all due respect. Football is about moving the ball as far as you can down the field while the D tries to stop you. Making long FGs worth more and short ones worth less works against that goal. If anything it should be the opposite.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both of you have it backwards, with all due respect. Football is about moving the ball as far as you can down the field while the D tries to stop you. Making long FGs worth more and short ones worth less works against that goal. If anything it should be the opposite.

Another interesting point...

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense gets it because the offense fumbled it completely through the field of play the defense is defending.

The defense is defending the entire field behind them. If the offense has the ball at the 30 and fumbles it out of bounds at the 35 the defense doesn’t get the ball. Yet they are defending that part of the field are they not? It’s a dumb rule.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is defending the entire field behind them. If the offense has the ball at the 30 and fumbles it out of bounds at the 35 the defense doesn’t get the ball. Yet they are defending that part of the field are they not? It’s a dumb rule.
True, but the whole goal is to defend the GOAL Line.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont agree. When you fumble the ball out of bounds anywhere on the field you get to keep it. If you fumble it into the endzone it turns into a penalty of 25 yards and the other team gets the ball. Seems to severe.

The EZ is different. It isn't just any part of the field of play. The offense deserves to lose the ball for being so careless so close to their goal. Also, when it's an unforced error like Carr's, it should be accompanied by getting punched in the dick once for every remaining down he had left when he lost the ball.

But seriously, I've been following the game for > 50 years and this season was the first time I've ever heard anyone express a problem with that rule. Changing it isn't even on anyone who matters radar.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i imagine everyone bitching about the fumble out the endzone rule are the same people who complain about ot.....its not fair wah wah. you fumbled while trying to score and you failed, dont want to lose the ball then dont fumble.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine... but why the 25 yard penalty added onto it. Maybe the team should get the ball where the other team fumbled. Like in the Dallas Oakland game. Since Carr fumbled it in the Dallas endzone, Dallas could have got the ball where Carr fumbled (the one yard line).

The penalty is too severe IMO.

This should be easy even for you to understand.

The ball was still LIVE at the point of the fumble meaning play continues.

If you want to automatically stop play to preserve a "25Yard" penalty, you'll need to do so on ALL fumbles and just give the ball to the D throughout the game, not just when the ball goes through the end zone.

Oh and by the way technically they are getting the ball where it went out of bounds, it's called a "Touchback".

Go look that word up and get back to me.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a dumb rule.

Its not a Dumb rule if you don't like it and want it changed
Its not a Dumb rule if you like it and don't want it changed
Very simply its just a rule sometimes they change sometimes they don't
Laws, Rules, Opinions are like life you can like them or dislike them but
You have to obey the Law or face the Penalty
You have to follow the Rules or suffer the consequences
And while we are free to voice our Opinions they all smell like you voiced a steaming pile of horse apples to somebody

Including this 1 :suds:

JMHO

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be easy even for you to understand.

The ball was still LIVE at the point of the fumble meaning play continues.

If you want to automatically stop play to preserve a "25Yard" penalty, you'll need to do so on ALL fumbles and just give the ball to the D throughout the game, not just when the ball goes through the end zone.

That made absolutely no sense brother. Nobody said anything about stopping and the play. On muffed punts they stop the ball where it was fumbled. Why cant they just do that on fumbling it out of the endzone.

You have to admit its pretty funny that you said, "This should be easy for even you to understand" then you post some incoherent babble. You dont have to give the ball to the D throughout the game. Keep the rules as it is.
If you fumble it out of bounds you remain with possession.
If you fumble it out the endzone the defensive team gets the ball where you fumbled. Dont tack on another 25 yards.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i imagine everyone bitching about the fumble out the endzone rule are the same people who complain about ot.....its not fair wah wah. you fumbled while trying to score and you failed, dont want to lose the ball then dont fumble.

Nobody is bitching. We have a rules committee that tweaks stuff yearly. People are simply saying... If you fumble it out the end zone the other team shouldnt get possession AND another 25 yards tacked on.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is bitching. We have a rules committee that tweaks stuff yearly. People are simply saying... If you fumble it out the end zone the other team shouldnt get possession AND another 25 yards tacked on.
doesnt need tweaking......concentrate on catch rules instead

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did the defense recover the fumble? No. Why do they get rewarded for it? I think it’s the dumbest rule in the NFL. Reward a team for doing absolutely nothing. A RB goes 80 yards on a run. As he’s getting ready to cross the end zone he switches the ball to his other hand and fumbles it out of bounds into the end zone. Yes, he’s a moron for fumbling it. But it makes zero sense to give the ball to the defense.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That made absolutely no sense brother. Nobody said anything about stopping and the play. On muffed punts they stop the ball where it was fumbled. Why cant they just do that on fumbling it out of the endzone.

You have to admit its pretty funny that you said, "This should be easy for even you to understand" then you post some incoherent babble. You dont have to give the ball to the D throughout the game. Keep the rules as it is.
If you fumble it out of bounds you remain with possession.
If you fumble it out the endzone the defensive team gets the ball where you fumbled. Dont tack on another 25 yards.

Then how in the FUCK do you propose giving the ball to the D when it was still live FUCKWAD?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the defense recover the fumble? No. Why do they get rewarded for it? I think it’s the dumbest rule in the NFL. Reward a team for doing absolutely nothing. A RB goes 80 yards on a run. As he’s getting ready to cross the end zone he switches the ball to his other hand and fumbles it out of bounds into the end zone. Yes, he’s a moron for fumbling it. But it makes zero sense to give the ball to the defense.
Did the Offense recover the football? No, so why should they be credited.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then how in the FUCK do you propose giving the ball to the D when it was still live FUCKWAD?

Its not still live. The play is dead and the ball is out of bounds. Why do you always have to be so angry. When the ball is fumbled into the end zone and goes out of bounds its not still live. I dont get your nonstop anger. Cursing, anger, hate, homophobia. Do you need a hug or something?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offense gets rewarded for doing nothing to recover a fumble for 100 yards and you have no problem with that.........as others have already explained to you defending the end zone IS the game and as such is different than the rest of the field