• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What can (Dustin) Brown do for you.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just clarify that I think DB is a great player with a great contract, and he's someone who I think is ideally suited to being on a team's third or fourth line, not the team leader or the marquee star, but the fan favorite with great work ethic, pumpkin grin and, when removed just slightly from the limelight, a reliable and sometimes highlight-reel goal-scorer. Not to mention the bone-crushing body-checks and the community service.

Here are the teams with "high levels of interest" in Dustin Brown | ProHockeyTalk

This morning on Twitter, TSN’s Bob McKenzie shared the teams that are supposedly interested in acquiring the services of Dustin Brown, the Kings’ captain who’s all of a sudden available prior to Monday’s trade deadline.

[the tweet names BOS, BUF, NYR, NJD, TOR, EDM, PHI and VAN.]

It’s an interesting mix of contenders, up-and-comers, and Buffalo. Given all Brown brings to the table – toughness, goal-scoring and a manageable cap hit – he makes sense for all of those teams to pursue. The question is, what does Kings GM Dean Lombardi want in return? Via Pierre LeBrun: One source told ESPN.com that the Kings would like to get defenseman Luke Schenn and highly touted forward prospect Matt Frattin from the Leafs in a Brown deal.

My sense is that Toronto would find that price too rich, but GM Brian Burke — who had Brown on Team USA in 2010 — really loves Brown.

So, putting all my feelings about Brown aside (and I, at this point, would like to see what happens with Jeff Carter added to the top-six with Kopitar, Brown, Williams, Richards...and King? Nolan?), what would the Kings get in return from the aforementioned teams?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really think he's a second liner ... hes a perfect complementary player for a team that has skilled players ... Kesler/Booth/DBrown would be pretty amazing

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does Brown have a NTC?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope, doesnt have a NTC

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Bruins make a play for him. Just worried that it may cost us a first round pick to do so.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Spooner or Knight and a first rounder. Definitely not Dougie.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially with Peverley and Horton out... C'mon Chia, make this happen without killing us.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was think the Flyers would offer something like Read & a 2nd. Read's 3rd in rookie scoring(16G, 18A & +9), he easily has top 6 ability and plays all situations in Philly now. He has amazing speed, good vision and is insanely fast.

If the Kings are interested more in a d-man we could do a bigger deal like Carle(ufa), Read, & a 1st/2nd/prospect for Brown and Voynov.

I'm not sure what kind of return Lombardi is looking for, but I can't see him getting a true scoring top 6 forward for Brown unless the player is a rental. I'm not trying to take anything away from Brown, I love the way he plays. I'm just trying to look at things realistically since a few of the teams in the Brown hunt are having problems scoring themselves. So why give up a scorer for a guy who can score but more provides grit & physical play?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just clarify that I think DB is a great player with a great contract, and he's someone who I think is ideally suited to being on a team's third or fourth line, not the team leader or the marquee star, but the fan favorite with great work ethic, pumpkin grin and, when removed just slightly from the limelight, a reliable and sometimes highlight-reel goal-scorer. Not to mention the bone-crushing body-checks and the community service.

Here are the teams with "high levels of interest" in Dustin Brown | ProHockeyTalk

This morning on Twitter, TSN’s Bob McKenzie shared the teams that are supposedly interested in acquiring the services of Dustin Brown, the Kings’ captain who’s all of a sudden available prior to Monday’s trade deadline.

[the tweet names BOS, BUF, NYR, NJD, TOR, EDM, PHI and VAN.]

It’s an interesting mix of contenders, up-and-comers, and Buffalo. Given all Brown brings to the table – toughness, goal-scoring and a manageable cap hit – he makes sense for all of those teams to pursue. The question is, what does Kings GM Dean Lombardi want in return? Via Pierre LeBrun: One source told ESPN.com that the Kings would like to get defenseman Luke Schenn and highly touted forward prospect Matt Frattin from the Leafs in a Brown deal.

My sense is that Toronto would find that price too rich, but GM Brian Burke — who had Brown on Team USA in 2010 — really loves Brown.

So, putting all my feelings about Brown aside (and I, at this point, would like to see what happens with Jeff Carter added to the top-six with Kopitar, Brown, Williams, Richards...and King? Nolan?), what would the Kings get in return from the aforementioned teams?

Ouch!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to believe Lombardi will want roster players since he's attempting to save his ass.

I'm horrible with making up trade ideas. Maybe Caron, a prospect and a pick.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give up too much for him. I really like the team the way it is, but we are slightly wounded, and Brown would be great here. I'd imagine they'd want a forward to fill his role.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give up too much for him. I really like the team the way it is, but we are slightly wounded, and Brown would be great here. I'd imagine they'd want a forward to fill his role.

On HF they seem to think Bernier is available as well. If so Lombardi is going for broke.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 trades I'd do in order (that I think are reasonable for both sides):
1- Brown + Bernier <> JVR + Bob
2- Brown + Stoll + 4th rd pick <> Moulson + Grabner + 3rd rd pick
3- Brown + Stoll + D (Hickey?) <> Pominville + 2nd rd pick

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 trades I'd do in order (that I think are reasonable for both sides):
1- Brown + Bernier <> JVR + Bob
2- Brown + Stoll + 4th rd pick <> Moulson + Grabner + 3rd rd pick
3- Brown + Stoll + D (Hickey?) <> Pominville + 2nd rd pick

I think JVR may be off the table now, in fact I highly doubt JVR & Bob will both be moved it's prob one or another due to their perceived potential. Homer may do Read, Bob & a 1st(prob a 2013 though, as the Flyers need to draft a d-man early in this years draft) for Brown and Bernier. I think for JVR to be included you'd have to throw Voynov in somehow & possibly take Carle back which makes the cap situation kinda tricky.

Also I'm amazed you value Pominville that much, I've seen him play a lot the past few years and would take Brown over Pomi in a second(plus he carries a cap hit of 5.3m for 2 more years).

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be a solid pickup, but I feel like I am missing something about what he may be worth.