• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your plans for the Super Bowl?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is me...I was supposed to go to a friend's place...wife fell while dancing landed on her side on the arm of a chair...hairline fracture of 3 ribs he told me...she can barely breathe without pain, laughs turn into tears quickly.

So...plan B...I'll stay home, cook a few things, and maybe have a couple of fellas over...nothing big.

Holy crap, so it wasn't the electric slide?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In those environments I've been in, most of the people don't even pretend to be interested in the game...just drinking, food, watching the commercials generally having a good time. When they are female, I don't mind so much, but guys that go to a SB party and don't know jack about football...I'm like seriously? Why did you come?

This is why I don't ask my wife to watch football, not even the SB.

Exactly. I have one friend who I can stomach watching football with but generally the conversation can trend towards something else and if I did hang with him for the SBOWL his girlfriend will be there who doesn't care.

I can watch football with basically two family members. One actually watches and knows wtf is going on and isn't screaming at the TV. The other really doesn't say anything but is QUIET and watching. If you say, "Oh nice play." He just usually responds with, "Mmmhmmm." or "Yah."

And that's it. I haven't met anyone else I like being around, but I'm not one to scream at the TV or start shouting. I usually watch in silence and then 'scream' on the Hoop just to stir people up lol.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eating alot of cheese based foods.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like the "had a few too many slide"...lol
I believe Todd Haley has a dance school and that is his favorite move......We call that an ARI....alcohol related injury.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I have one friend who I can stomach watching football with but generally the conversation can trend towards something else and if I did hang with him for the SBOWL his girlfriend will be there who doesn't care.

I can watch football with basically two family members. One actually watches and knows wtf is going on and isn't screaming at the TV. The other really doesn't say anything but is QUIET and watching. If you say, "Oh nice play." He just usually responds with, "Mmmhmmm." or "Yah."

And that's it. I haven't met anyone else I like being around, but I'm not one to scream at the TV or start shouting. I usually watch in silence and then 'scream' on the Hoop just to stir people up lol.

My daughter has come a LONG way as a football fan. She knows a LG from a RG, and a G from a OT...she and my golf buddy's wife that cracked her ribs are the only two females I can watch a game with and they know what's happening.

Most of my golf buddies (and that's a small group) know the game pretty well, one actually had a cup of coffee in the league back in the 80s. It's interesting to get his take, but he's still grounded in the rules of his era. I'm more animated probably watching PIT, but generally not a screamer either.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great first pic I have to see on the Hoop is your dumbass giving a thumbs up.......

I hope they triple charge you for that hot dog down there in Atlanta

Hahah

That’s not me. We are in row 1 and just stuck the phone up to take a picture. That guy (like a champ) instantly put the thumbs up. I didn’t even notice it till after I posted the picture.

Haha

A classic!

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy Atlanta. The aquarium should be pretty empty on Sunday... good day to go.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahah

That’s not me. We are in row 1 and just stuck the phone up to take a picture. That guy (like a champ) instantly put the thumbs up. I didn’t even notice it till after I posted the picture.

Haha

A classic!

Oh we gonna make him famous on the Hoop!

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahah

Haha

A classic!
Say hello to John Candy behind you.....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are some cool games/bets to do with a big group of people at a SB party? Outside the normal, everyone buy a square to determine score...

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say hello to John Candy behind you.....

Hahaha

Just picked up my tix in ATL. When we got them we just asked for a price level. They wouldn’t let you pick the seat. Just got them... ROW 1 behind the patriots bench !! That’s right row MOTHERFUCKING ONE!!!

Bwhahahaha!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we had Super Bowl parties in college, we'd always run a cable and TV into the bathroom.

Gotta piss while the game is on? No problem!

I just used to set up 2 mirrors at the right angle..... Had to be 2 or 4 or the picture was back asswards...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is me...I was supposed to go to a friend's place...wife fell while dancing landed on her side on the arm of a chair...hairline fracture of 3 ribs he told me...she can barely breathe without pain, laughs turn into tears quickly.

So...plan B...I'll stay home, cook a few things, and maybe have a couple of fellas over...nothing big.

I had a tank slapper go karting 2 years ago and slammed into trackside barriers. I couldn't like down for well over a month. Cannot imagine playing a game with injured ribs.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha

Just picked up my tix in ATL. When we got them we just asked for a price level. They wouldn’t let you pick the seat. Just got them... ROW 1 behind the patriots bench !! That’s right row MOTHERFUCKING ONE!!!

Bwhahahaha!

So let me give the exact words from most of us "normal folks " here on the board when the camera pans on that section :

" Hope that mofo chokes on that hot dog he's eating!"

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beer, my cake, some combustibles too and whatever food the ball and chain serves up.

She will be far from the viewing room.

My son and I will be down in the recroom, I'll have the fireplace going for the chimney draft, my little chair set up nearby.

This will be the 1st SB on the new set I had delivered the day before US Turkey Day. A sweet 75" Sony.

I may try to find a 4K HDR feed if it is easy for a quick look but then I can't record. And upscaled to 4K from regular HD is still pretty damn fine.