• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you playing?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just recently finished up Witcher 3, I had no more missions to do. Now I'm playing Everybody's gone to rapture until I get my hands on Fallout 4 on Tuesday. EGTR is nice slow down open world adventure game, to hold me over, a stroll through an beautiful English town.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been limping along on BF 4 ever since Destiny burned out on me and am anxiously awaiting Battlefront -- hopefully it won't suck. If Battlefront sucks, I might just get sucked into COD again just to play something new; maybe Fallout.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swapped Witcher 3 disc with a friend of mine who had Dragon Age Inquisition disc and played it for a couple of hours. Realized I got the raw end of the deal but I already beat Witcher 3 and Ill pick up the dlcs when my friend is done with it.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil Revelations 2 which I picked up cheap on a PS Plus sale. Its kind of like a bad Resident Evil 4 mixed with a good Resident Evil 5. Its a bit rough around the edges but it'll tide me over.

I also pop in Binding of Isaac: Rebirth every once in awhile. Probably the weirdest game I've ever played but its great to throw in if you've got 15 minutes to kill.

I'm waiting on Just Cause 3 and eventually getting Bloodbourne.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Witcher is better than DA Inq, but the latter is still a pretty solid game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madden

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even play Everbody's gone to rapture. The save system is the worst you will ever play in a game. Not only is there no manual save, but there are really no pre determined save points. So it seems to randomly save whenever, I started up a game today and 3 hours of gameplay not saved. Do it all over again, fuck you. I mean I could put up with the snails pace of your character, though they did drop an update, to make you move a little quicker to a normal fat persons walk though you still crawl in interiors. But the save system makes it unplayable.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now? Wasteland 2...Been waiting 25 years for a sequel and still figuring things out after a few weeks lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I decided to put FO3 back in. I won't be getting FO4 for at least a few more weeks, but I am totally amped for FO, I had to get my goal on.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Witcher is better than DA Inq, but the latter is still a pretty solid game.

Perhaps, but after playing Witcher 3 its hard to go back to DA...

Still I'm going to have to at some point because I dropped DA to play Witcher 3... :)

Anyway, when I bought my PS4 I got the Last of Us bundle so I am playing that... Never had a Playstation before, so this is the first crack at that one, and everyone says its a phenomenal game (I just have to stop falling asleep at 10 PM so I can play more..)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but after playing Witcher 3 its hard to go back to DA...

Still I'm going to have to at some point because I dropped DA to play Witcher 3... :)

Anyway, when I bought my PS4 I got the Last of Us bundle so I am playing that... Never had a Playstation before, so this is the first crack at that one, and everyone says its a phenomenal game (I just have to stop falling asleep at 10 PM so I can play more..)

That's a real solid title. Had a blast with that one. That's where movies are going as virtual reality gets better.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even play Everbody's gone to rapture. The save system is the worst you will ever play in a game. Not only is there no manual save, but there are really no pre determined save points. So it seems to randomly save whenever, I started up a game today and 3 hours of gameplay not saved. Do it all over again, fuck you. I mean I could put up with the snails pace of your character, though they did drop an update, to make you move a little quicker to a normal fat persons walk though you still crawl in interiors. But the save system makes it unplayable.
Zero Punctuation steered me away from that game. It seems more like a non-game than a game

I might get either BLOPS2 or FO4 to tide me over for the next month or so. Not sure which one yet. I could just save some $$ and get Bloodborne.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero Punctuation steered me away from that game. It seems more like a non-game than a game

I might get either BLOPS2 or FO4 to tide me over for the next month or so. Not sure which one yet. I could just save some $$ and get Bloodborne.
If you aren't going nuts waiting for a particular game, why buy it new? Might as well wait to buy the GOTY version used for $20 than buy the base game for $60 than the expansions for $20 each. If you CAN wait, it makes sense to wait.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replaying Dishonored with all the DLC and finally finishing Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. Still have The Witcher 3 sitting around, I'll get to it eventually.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rented Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition and I put about 6 hours into. The character creation and combat are amazing. Its a lot like a fantasy version of Xcom in that regard. The rest of the game sucks.

Its has the same general problem Dragon Age: Inquisition has in that it has this massive world that you have no interest in exploring so you are bored for the 70-80% of the game in which you aren't in combat. Both games come with a teleporting system to help this out a bit but Divinity has a few more issues.

Divinity takes the old school approach and just gives you a bunch of clues as to what to do but doesn't actually tell you where to go. This is novel in some regards but in reality it means that you'll be playing the game while simultaneously looking at an FAQ every 5 minutes. It also has maybe the worst voice acting Ive ever heard in a video game and many of the main characters outside of your party are very unlikable.

The game's combat is very unforgiving. If you accidentally find yourself surprised by a higher level enemy then your whole party pretty much wipes. In some areas, its a welcome challenge. When you get ambushed in the middle of the town because you dug up the wrong grave then its rather frustrating.

Its a shame that the core of the game is solid but its not really worth buying.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a crowdfunded game by a tiny company if memory serves, so kinda' amazing that they could pull that off and not be owned by a giant company. So I can forgive them the voice acting.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a crowdfunded game by a tiny company if memory serves, so kinda' amazing that they could pull that off and not be owned by a giant company. So I can forgive them the voice acting.
I believe you're right. Some of the voice acting is rather funny in its silliness. The animals in the background sounds like a guy just saying 'moo' and 'bah' instead of actual animal noises. Still, its a $60 game new AND its crowdfunded (read: quirky anthropomorphic elements added randomly) so I keep my expectations fairly steady. The game voices can be turned down so thats a simple fix. I also think the game might be more enjoyable at its easiest difficulty to make up for the scarcity of resurrections and the painful nature of fighting something higher level than yourself.

Its just that the strength of the game is its combat and I spent 4 of the first 6 hours running around a town trying to solve a murder based on finding clues by talking to literally everyone. Your party also has AI and if you are trying to make an important decision, one of the other characters might object and a game of rock/paper/scissors unfolds to see if you can actually go ahead and make that decision. Its a bad mechanic, imo, because the player should never be overridden by the AI on an important decision.

The town keeps you from more combat because you don't become higher level until you deal with the issues in the town.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
played that shit too and stopped after a good nights worth of playing to try to get into it. Couldn't. Probably will never play it again.

Playing the first Uncharted in the Uncharted remastered collection right now.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its beautiful looking and has a decent story but its not really a game. You wander around and learn a story.

played that shit too and stopped after a good nights worth of playing to try to get into it. Couldn't. Probably will never play it again.

Playing the first Uncharted in the Uncharted remastered collection right now.

Any noticeable differences?

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Ill be playing Fallout 4 for about a year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replaying Dishonored with all the DLC and finally finishing Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. Still have The Witcher 3 sitting around, I'll get to it eventually.
Borderlands the Pre-Sequel is the fat chick in the Handsome Collection. The Borderlands 2 port with all of the DLCs and improved graphics really puts the pre-sequel to shame and really puts a lot of Destiny to shame, too.