• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you most excited/worried about?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured this would be an interesting topic to discuss.

What are you most looking forward to seeing from the Seahawks this season?

and

What are you most worried about?

If you're a fan of another team and happen to come across this thread, feel free to post a response to the question for your team.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My response:

What am I most looking forward to? I'm really looking forward to watching Percy Harvin in a Seahawks uniform. The obvious response would probably be to see Russell Wilson progress another year but for pure entertainment purposes I'm really, really looking forward to seeing what Percy Harvin can bring to the Seahawks offense. I'm also curious how the Seahawks intend on incorporating him into the offense. The Seahawks are three deep at runningback so I'm curious if he gets many touches out of the backfield. The Seahawks really struggled with yards after the catch so Harvin really brings an important element to this offense.

What am I most worried about? For me it has to be the defense. After coming back from his Adderall suspension, Brandon Browner didn't look too hot. It was obviously a small sample but it sort of worried me. But other than Browner what I'm worried about is the defensive line. Alan Branch shouldn't be too difficult to replace but he was still a regular contributor. With the injuries to Chris Clemons, Cliff Avril (He may be fine but it's still an injury), Michael Bennett's problem, Red Bryant's regression (The optimist in me says he will be fine, but that's pure bias) and lastly Bruce Irvin's suspension. There are a lot of questions about the Seahawks defensive line going forward. It has potential for serious greatness but there are possible obstacles.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm looking most forward to is seeing Wilson with a full camp able to work with the WRs. Last year most of the WRs were hurt and not able to play much in preseason. With the added weapon of Harvin, my mind is a whirl. Just can not wait to see how this plays out.

What am I worried about? The DL again. Clemons we know is trying to recover from a major injury, Bennett was singed even though he's playing with a injury, Arvil is injuried, and Irvin is suspended. Man I hope by the opening game things look better on the DL!

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to?
The front office genius that no-one really got until it started working during the season. I am looking forward to that "ah-hah" moment.

Worried about?
The corporate bias somehow rearing its ugly head and deciding that the smaller market share does not allow for Seattle success. (Call me conspiracy theory, whatever...)

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I'm looking forward to
1. Wilson's playing making ability and waiting to say WOW, how did he do that?
2. Wilson doing hard counts or changing the play. (i don't think he did that once all last year. The great ones are able to handle that responsibly.
3. Wr harvin and Harper seeing what both of them can do for Seattle's offense.
4. seeing if RB michael can or will produce in the NFL. And if he will be able to help lynch rest more during the season.
5. Will our defense be able to improve and become a true elite defense. (elite defense in my mind don't left games go though the hands, Miami, lions, bears, Alt.)
6. Will the defense be able to prevent pass in the middle of the field/runs up the middle. (49 away game was when it first started, they started throwing pass five to ten yards in the middle than turn around and gain huge YAC. One of the main reasons we lost that game.)
7. How will the defense be able to handle third down, especially third and long. (have to get off the field when you have a chance. Struggled with that early improved as the season went along.)

Hoping defense can fix all those just by being a year old/wise and not a whole lot of new parts/ increase pressure on the QB. Can't wait to see how this defense can/will improve.

Things I'm worried about ...
1. injuries
2. D-line/o-line staying healthy and improving (d pressure on the QB/ O keeping pressure off Wilson so he doesn't have too run all the time.
3. can Seattle finally show up for a 10 am game. It feels like every year we let one or two games fall though our hands that we should have won because they were asleep for the first half.
4. too much hype and team feels they have earned something already.
5. No more FB runs up the middle of third and one. did it on St. Louis (home) Wash, and Alt. (Alt know it was coming because we started doing it all the time at the end of the year.)
6. injuries, injuries,injuries,injuries no thank you. Stay the hell a way from my team. (rub lucky rabbits foot)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new member. Welcome FirebreathingMonkey. Always good to have another good poster.

A Idaho Vandal fan, hey I went to school there...a long time ago. Hey did you post on any other boards before coming here?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worried about: 5 ten am starts and injuries. Gotta stay healthy

Osprey 1984

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited:
On paper we look outstanding. But the real fun is the season itself. I am very interested how Pete will match wits with our NFC West rival's coaches and put our players in the best position to win.

Not looking forward to:
I would hope we stay healthy all year. and if we don't the next guy should be able to step up like last year. Irvin will have time to study technique, work out and last longer because of the lesser exposure to injury the 1st 4 games. But he can be rusty if he doesn't put the work in away from the facility.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries are one of the things that could derail us.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a division as competitive as the NFC west will be this coming year there are many key positions that could derail our run. I can think of players on both sides of the ball I wouldn't want to lose and still make a push for the SB.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new member. Welcome FirebreathingMonkey. Always good to have another good poster.

A Idaho Vandal fan, hey I went to school there...a long time ago. Hey did you post on any other boards before coming here?

Ya, recent grad from Idaho, um I guess you can call me a noob when it comes to posting. I posted three or four times on espn with a similar name but that's it. I decided I wanted to post more/try new things and talk with people who actually know/care about the team I love. (No one in my house hold likes sports, )

I know their are some people who say they been a fan since the team was formed but sadly I am not one of them. Really got into the team around 2002? It was the year they played the ram three times (lost at home playoff on a drop. Which of course was the main problem that year. They dropped everything. So I know some will call me a bandwagon fan, but there nothing I can really do about that.

I been following espn boards for awhile before they switch and was getting ready to post more but than supers or whatever his name is now sucked the joy out of it and I didn't want to get into a yelling match of name calling. :lame:So I think I try this place and see how it goes. :suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you find you like it. I like the idea that this is a kind of a new board so in a sense we are the original posters on this board. Just as far back as May this board had zero posters. I use to check in here from time to time to see if anyone would start posting. When CBS got rid of their board and things started going crazy on the ESPN Seahawks board it created a opportunity to give this board some life.

To bad its the off season because that makes it a bit harder to keep the conversation moving. If we can keep this board moving until the season starts then we'll really be in business.

We actually have a fair amount of members, but not enough of them post yet ( waiting for season to start?). Another problem is that there isn't enough on line at one time to keep thing flowing. One thing about a troll like Supers...he's on line like 24-7 to argue with who ever is posting.

Any way I encourage you to post and post often. This will be a great board if we can keep it going until the season kicks off.

You live in Idaho? I live there for 30 some years before moving to Seattle. North Idaho that is. Beautiful place, but not very many good jobs.

As far as not following the Seahawks since they were formed...will heck that just means your not an old fart like me and some others on board.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hell,... 2002 !?

I don't even have any underwear that old !

Dude, you's a long-term fan in the years of double-digits. Double!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. I live near Seattle now and just went to Idaho or school. Well about the whole board being slow, wouldn't be a great idea to start a Fantasy football league here. We could talk about why we selected, compare match ups of teams vs team or players, and help made this site unique for Seahawks fans. Than follow the league though out the course of the season. I don't know just throwing out an idea.

Also do you know how to get the post to auto refresh because I loved that feature on espn or would the admins have to make that choice>

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also go to your profile there is some good info there. I just realize you can do a poll here. I'm going to give that a whirl.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just added a avatar. Funny thing is it keep saying I failed. After a few tries I decided to give it a rest, came back here and what do you know...I've got a avatar.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started a thread over on the NFL general board that touched on some of the same concerns.

With the Panthers, mainly worried about depth - we're not set up, like a lot of teams on our schedule, to suffer any key injuries. The quality behind some of our starters just isn't there. It's especially important not to lose OL's this year. Carolina had some suspect play among the DB's last year, too - and so some people, like Josh Norman, are going to have to step up. The new GM Gettleman did go out and sign some veterans back there to 1-year deals, so hopefully at least one will work out in the rotation. We need to develop a solid second option behind Steve Smith, too, at WR. Another big worry is the schedule, which was rated toughest in the NFL. Start out with the Seahawks, have to play the circuit in the NFC South, got the 9ers, the Patriots, Giants - it's going to be tough.

As far as excited, I'm hoping Cam can continue to play like he did last year down the stretch. The rotation through our front 7 is going to be one of the best in the NFL, imo. Most excited about the first round pick, though, Star Lotulelei. A disruptive DT can alter the dynamics of the D quickly - I'm eager to see what he can do.