• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you most excited/worried about?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to see what Bevell has put together for this group on offense. Harvin's arrival and Wilson's first year as the starter from the very beginning are the two things that get the most attention, but we've got some new tight ends that bring different things to the table and I'd like to see what they do to incorporate those guys along with what will hopefully be more involvement in the passing game for Miller. Cohesion between Wilson and the offensive line will hopefully allow that to happen this year.

Defensively, I like the addition of Winfield to the secondary. It makes an already strong position group even stronger and solidifies what was the lone weakness in that secondary last year (nickel/slot corner). I don't know if Trufant just wasn't comfortable there or if he's just done or what, but Winfield should be an enormous upgrade there.

Obviously the defense overall is the concern on this team. I hope Avril's injury doesn't linger for too long and I don't think they'll have him do anything to aggravate it, but hearing about his injury not long after hearing about Irvin's suspension, coupled with the injury that Bennett played with last year and still has has sorta put a damper on the excitement caused by getting Avril and Bennett. Quinn will eventually be able to use the different packages and groupings he likely came up with in anticipation of having all these guys available to him, but it just won't happen right off the bat, which is a little disappointing.

The third linebacker spot and linebacker depth in general could be an issue until we see some of these draftees in action and know if and where they might fit. All eyes will be on that d-line, though.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mostly excited to see with the addition of Harvin what this offense can really do now that Pete has allowed Russell Wilson to really take charge. I know it's obvious, but injuries always worries me. Here's to a healthy season!

dabisket08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. I live near Seattle now and just went to Idaho or school. Well about the whole board being slow, wouldn't be a great idea to start a Fantasy football league here. We could talk about why we selected, compare match ups of teams vs team or players, and help made this site unique for Seahawks fans. Than follow the league though out the course of the season. I don't know just throwing out an idea.

Also do you know how to get the post to auto refresh because I loved that feature on espn or would the admins have to make that choice>

Personally, i love the idea of doing a FF league on this board. I have 2 or 3 running during the season and I'd love to get to do another.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, i love the idea of doing a FF league on this board. I have 2 or 3 running during the season and I'd love to get to do another.

Ya I am all for it, but I don't have much sway over these boards being the new guy. We'd have to get some one like HaroldSeattle on board. He seems to not only have the clout but he drive to be able to get everything in order. I just think it would give everyone something to talk about about (posting your line up for everyone to see/defending your picks) that would be great for the whole board.:10:

Kingdome fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Optimistically worried

I can't wait to watch an opened up passing game with RW having more freedom. I hope the PC/JS draft magic works for our new receivers.

I'm worried about our lines, defense and offense. DE and an upgraded pass rush will be tough through the first 4 games. The right side of the offensive line will need to take a large step forward or RW's health and a left side rushing game only will really suffer.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I am all for it, but I don't have much sway over these boards being the new guy. We'd have to get some one like HaroldSeattle on board. He seems to not only have the clout but he drive to be able to get everything in order. I just think it would give everyone something to talk about about (posting your line up for everyone to see/defending your picks) that would be great for the whole board.:10:

I'm for anything that fans find interesting. I've only been in a couple of FF leagues. Can't say I know much about getting one started or how to run one. Running one of these could be a time consuming job. I haven't seen one anywhere on SportsHoopla.
I suggest asking on the general football board if it can be done. Get posters from the teams invovled, it could be fun.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I took the bull by the horns and posted the question on the general NFL board. We'll see what they say!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my biggest worry is that the seahawks have a dissapointing season, like a 8-8 9-7 type season for whatever reason.

with how the mariners are and chris hansen getting the shaft on not getting a new basketball team in seattle it seems to me all seattle sports fans are just grabbing on the seahawks and not letting go, i cant imagine how bad things would be if they had a dissapointing season after all this talk about superbowl

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya' brother, but we still got each other. Seattle is a great city sports notwithstanding. Besides, ain't we used to it?

Ultimately, this is a group of millionaires performing for our entertainment. Even if they have a bad season, I will remain entertained. The hits from the secondary alone will keep me giggling for another year.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I took the bull by the horns and posted the question on the general NFL board. We'll see what they say!

What did you title it? I look on the general board and could not find it. Also it doesn't have to be with other fans of other teams, it could just be something we on this board, a keep in house kind of thing.

Like you I have never created a league but I have been in one for three straight years now. If it is somthing we do on the board or with everyone than they have to be willing to put in the time, nothing is worse than a league were 40-50% of the people quite or don't fix thier line up week in/week out.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you title it? I look on the general board and could not find it. Also it doesn't have to be with other fans of other teams, it could just be something we on this board, a keep in house kind of thing.

Like you I have never created a league but I have been in one for three straight years now. If it is somthing we do on the board or with everyone than they have to be willing to put in the time, nothing is worse than a league were 40-50% of the people quite or don't fix thier line up week in/week out.
Put it on the NFL general board. Nobody responded, I guess they figured I should be able to find it myself. The bottom of the NFL board has a FF forum.

This is a big board, not always easy to find what your looking for.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...neral-discussion/101074-fantasy-football.html

Apparently they don't have the software to host a FF league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board doesn't have the software but you could host one on the many sites that let you do that (cbs comes to mind) you could start one for us SportsHoopla posters. You sound like you got some idea how these leagues work. I'd be willing to help. What do you say?

Last edited by a moderator:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board doesn't have the software but you could host one on the many sites that let you do that (cbs comes to mind) you could start one for us SportsHoopla posters. You sound like you got some idea how these leagues work. I'd be willing to help. What do you say?

before we start I want to make sure we'd have enough people and if we only want to include people from our board. Also I have never created a league or used CBS, Ive always used espn.

So I going to create a new thread, I feel were taking away from the original topic and than we can see how many people are interested in this.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most excited about- this season, being a long time Seahawk fan and with the salary cap, there isn't gonna be many years when you can see so much elite talent on your roster, we have that this year and am very excited to watch.

Most worried- well always injuries, that's a given, but this roster, I am worried about both our lines, we have a very tough division with all teams having good lines on all sides of the ball except for Arizonas offensive line, Depth and injuries here will be key and that is what worries me the most.

Either way I believe in these guys, everyone of them, and hope all there dreams can come true this year and I will enjoy watching them succeed in there dreams and happy it will be for my Favorite place in the whole world, Seattle Washington, Go Seahawks

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am most Excited to see the new pass rush, that's what i am most looking forward to.

I am most worried about the Pass rush, yes its the same as the above.