• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you looking forward to most ?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have several young players facing make or break seasons. Mo is front and center. JJ Wilcox. Bruce Carter. Matt Johnson. Other young guys with talent but a lot to prove. Tyronne Crawford, Kyle Wilber, DeMarcus Lawrence. It's hard to gauge what the D will do with so many talented guys that we just don't know about yet. The offense will be top 5 IMO. If the D can make it into the top 20, we win 10. If Rod pulls a miracle and we are top 15, we win 11 or 12. Repeat of last year, 8-8(or worse)

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to 1. A healthy season. 2. The players we have on D playing up to their skill level. Mainly Carter and Mo. There's talent on this D they just have to show it. But 3. Is the main thing I'm looking for. That is do Garrett to be the coach I think he is 7 days a week not just 6. Between play calls and game management he brings many questions. This team throws too much especially when they should simply kill clock. Blame Romo if you must but if he changes the call it's the coaches who are responsible to correct it. Even if it means the back - up goes in.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an article on one of the Cowboy sites asking who would be the best candidate to make his first Pro Bowl and one of the writers picked Mo. I hope he is right, but IMO that is kind of wishful thinking based on draft slot and not much else at this point

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an article on one of the Cowboy sites asking who would be the best candidate to make his first Pro Bowl and one of the writers picked Mo. I hope he is right, but IMO that is kind of wishful thinking based on draft slot and not much else at this point

You never know....the talent is more than there and stranger things have happened

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think he plays well this year (I think all 3 CBs do). He's had two seasons with injuries in the offseason that kept him from getting valuable reps and learning a new system combined with in season injuries that hampered him and kept him from playing up to the level of his talent. But, I'll settle for winning a starting job for 2014 and then working from there.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think he plays well this year (I think all 3 CBs do). He's had two seasons with injuries in the offseason that kept him from getting valuable reps and learning a new system combined with in season injuries that hampered him and kept him from playing up to the level of his talent. But, I'll settle for winning a starting job for 2014 and then working from there.

That's the thing for me. This team is in trouble IF Mo doesn't shine and push Scandrick to his natural role of 3rd corner. I truly think without any major injuries, the corner play will define how much improvement we see on defense this year. Solid corner play and NFL average safety play will make the biggest difference in 2014. I know football 101 with regards to pressure, but our dbackfield play remains my biggest concerns for the defense in 2014 and we need MO to start and be what his talent says he should be.

I tell you....strong evaluations and player development is absolutely required....it's been missing for some time now

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with Mo, but we all know all Peterson and SHerman have to do is show up and they will make it regardless of how they play. I have always liked the king of strips as well , Tillman. As good as the rams dline is, it will probably make Jenkins look pretty good as well

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing for me. This team is in trouble IF Mo doesn't shine and push Scandrick to his natural role of 3rd corner. I truly think without any major injuries, the corner play will define how much improvement we see on defense this year. Solid corner play and NFL average safety play will make the biggest difference in 2014. I know football 101 with regards to pressure, but our dbackfield play remains my biggest concerns for the defense in 2014 and we need MO to start and be what his talent says he should be.

I tell you....strong evaluations and player development is absolutely required....it's been missing for some time now

So what do u think. Do you think Rod will be stubborn and stick to his main thing or do you think he will let them play more man.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you looking forward to most ?

Jerrah selling the team to anyone else and getting a quality Head Coach and staff

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do u think. Do you think Rod will be stubborn and stick to his main thing or do you think he will let them play more man.

I think any good football coach plays to his talent and their abilities. I think Rod is a smart guy

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would definitely think that, but I have always been the first to say when it comes to Xs and Os , I'm not as smart as others. For example, I couldn't begin to think about how many different plays a defense may have. Like how many blitzes may be called and what that may cause. It just seems to me that what's always worked for ROd may require a zone. Like I said I may be way off there. As a coach, it is hard to go against what you believe in.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would definitely think that, but I have always been the first to say when it comes to Xs and Os , I'm not as smart as others. For example, I couldn't begin to think about how many different plays a defense may have. Like how many blitzes may be called and what that may cause. It just seems to me that what's always worked for ROd may require a zone. Like I said I may be way off there. As a coach, it is hard to go against what you believe in.

it's really a game of numbers with the players in the box and teams looking for an advantage on one side or the other with shifts and what not. The game in the back is still pretty much the same. I don't think Rod plays something outta stubbornness. As I said, I think Rod is a smart guy and plays to his personnel.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just getting back to watching and listening to football conversations cooler weather in about 90 days and cold beer on Sunday watching my Cowboys play football.

One thing the USFL got right was that Spring football could fill and the NFL could do it with a developmental league with say 8 games and concludes by training camp starting in July for the NFL season.

Whole different conversation I know but it could be done.

Come on Training camp I'm really bored when I start talking about the USFL SMH

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just getting back to watching and listening to football conversations cooler weather in about 90 days and cold beer on Sunday watching my Cowboys play football.

One thing the USFL got right was that Spring football could fill and the NFL could do it with a developmental league with say 8 games and concludes by training camp starting in July for the NFL season.

Whole different conversation I know but it could be done.

Come on Training camp I'm really bored when I start talking about the USFL SMH

OT: it is 78 today in the Nashville area. Amazing .

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah Nick , so you just want to skip to September. If I was an Eagle fan I would be glad there was no more Vick drama- although he did scare me more than Foles as a Dallas fan. I would be anxious to see Maclin and how he is after the knee injury. Jordan Matthews as well. How much will you miss number 10. Finally, it will be interesting to see what Jenkins does for your secondary

Yeah, you are right. I'm really curious to see if Matthews, Huff and Sproles can make up for Desean. I wish we had a big time FA signing on D that I can rally and root for. I'm just scared this team still doesn't have anyone to put any pressure on QBs.

Both Philly and Dallas are praying our new DE/OLBs can be a force.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you are right. I'm really curious to see if Matthews, Huff and Sproles can make up for Desean. I wish we had a big time FA signing on D that I can rally and root for. I'm just scared this team still doesn't have anyone to put any pressure on QBs.

Both Philly and Dallas are praying our new DE/OLBs can be a force.

Matthews is a different player than Jackson, but I think he is going to be a top flight number 2. Sproles is the guy that could send the Eagles offense over the top, if his tank isn't empty. It will be interesting to see what adjustments NFL DC's make on Foles now that they have a book on him. I'm thinking somewhere between 9-7 and 11-5 for the Eagles

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews is a different player than Jackson, but I think he is going to be a top flight number 2. Sproles is the guy that could send the Eagles offense over the top, if his tank isn't empty. It will be interesting to see what adjustments NFL DC's make on Foles now that they have a book on him. I'm thinking somewhere between 9-7 and 11-5 for the Eagles

9-7 to 11-5 sounds right to me. As bad as our D was they forced a lot of turnovers. You take a bad D like ours and dont get many turnovers then you're really in trouble. Everything I've read out of Philly is them just gushing all over Matthews. He is really big and has great hands (so far) but I havent seen him on a field yet. Isnt he the all time leading receiver in the SEC on a team that wasnt very good? Chip likes big guys. Interestingly he has almost identical combine numbers, height and weight as Kelvin Benjamin. THats why I was praying Philly didnt draft Benjamin. He has great #'s for a TE, but he's a WR.

Also, a little fantasy advice for you guys. Take TE Ertz late and use him as your #2 TE on your team. Many think he is going to be a star. But you might wait. He'll probably go undrafted. THeres just not enough balls for him with Maclin, Celek, Matthews, Sproles and McCoy all being receivers. Another fantasy TE Im drooling over is Jordan Reed from the Skins. I'll be able to get him late and he looks like the real deal if he stays healthy.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-7 to 11-5 sounds right to me. As bad as our D was they forced a lot of turnovers. You take a bad D like ours and dont get many turnovers then you're really in trouble. Everything I've read out of Philly is them just gushing all over Matthews. He is really big and has great hands (so far) but I havent seen him on a field yet. Isnt he the all time leading receiver in the SEC on a team that wasnt very good? Chip likes big guys. Interestingly he has almost identical combine numbers, height and weight as Kelvin Benjamin. THats why I was praying Philly didnt draft Benjamin. He has great #'s for a TE, but he's a WR.

Also, a little fantasy advice for you guys. Take TE Ertz late and use him as your #2 TE on your team. Many think he is going to be a star. But you might wait. He'll probably go undrafted. THeres just not enough balls for him with Maclin, Celek, Matthews, Sproles and McCoy all being receivers. Another fantasy TE Im drooling over is Jordan Reed from the Skins. I'll be able to get him late and he looks like the real deal if he stays healthy.

I think you're right about Matthews. I look at Larry Warford last year from UK. When you are all conference from that school(in football, not hoops), you are being recognized against the best while playing for the worst. Same deal with Matthews from Vandy. Look at the defenses he was going against and the QB's he had throwing him the ball. Level the playing field, give him some man coverage, and he will be a beast IMO

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Vanderbilts defense, they have been a decent team the last few yrs. I think they have actually went to 3 straight bowl games. Now its easy to get to a bowl game since there are 35 of them now . 4 out of conference cupcakes and then go 2-6 im the conference and you get to go to a bowl. The thing about Vandy though is they were winning 4 and 5 conference games. Aaron Rodgers younger brother was actually their QB for a couple of Matthews yrs. Now his {Matthews} senior year , they went through 2 or 3 and he still had a great year. He will have a really nice career in the pros if not a great one.