• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what are you drinking right now?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I need to come clean in here, but I'm getting a little non-plussed by all the latest brews that are out there these days. The craft shelf at the supermarket looks like a freakin' flower shop, it's hard to tell what style is under all those fancy labels. The few that were obvious about the product were for things like pomegranate and watermelon. Uhhh... no thanks. It was baffling, and overwhelming.

It was made worse because the distributor/rep was in the store, sensed my confusion, and tried to help me find something that I would like. I ended up telling him that I get disappointed so often with trying something new, and feel like I've wasted good money in the process because the fancier the beer/label, the more expensive it gets. I'd rather drink a Nattie because I know what I'm getting, and leave it at that. He looked as if I had punched his children.

I had an "old man yells at shelf" moment and walked out of the store without any beer. It's clear to me that the game has passed me by, and it's time to hang em up. But I'm proud of myself for recognizing the moment, and not dragging it out into further humiliation.

Skoal.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I need to come clean in here, but I'm getting a little non-plussed by all the latest brews that are out there these days. The craft shelf at the supermarket looks like a freakin' flower shop, it's hard to tell what style is under all those fancy labels. The few that were obvious about the product were for things like pomegranate and watermelon. Uhhh... no thanks. It was baffling, and overwhelming.

It was made worse because the distributor/rep was in the store, sensed my confusion, and tried to help me find something that I would like. I ended up telling him that I get disappointed so often with trying something new, and feel like I've wasted good money in the process because the fancier the beer/label, the more expensive it gets. I'd rather drink a Nattie because I know what I'm getting, and leave it at that. He looked as if I had punched his children.

I had an "old man yells at shelf" moment and walked out of the store without any beer. It's clear to me that the game has passed me by, and it's time to hang em up. But I'm proud of myself for recognizing the moment, and not dragging it out into further humiliation.

Skoal.
I think you need to find a new beer you like and stock it.

Founder All Day IPA is one of my go to beers in the summer.

I like to try new stuff as well, but there are way too many fruited beers these days that I just stay away and go with what I know I will like.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skoal.

Edit: won't post, never mind :pout:

Edit: try again

Looking for the episode where they name beers : Letterkenny

first link down....don't know why it won't stick here

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skoal.
I hardly buy beer in stores anymore. Most of my drinking occurs at breweries. I'll grab a mixed 6 pack every once in a while, and try to have a cheaper quality beer on hand (like an All Day) in the fridge.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to find a new beer you like and stock it.

Founder All Day IPA is one of my go to beers in the summer.

I like to try new stuff as well, but there are way too many fruited beers these days that I just stay away and go with what I know I will like.

This is the thing. I know I like, or at least can tolerate, most shit-beers. I know what I'm getting, anyway, so there's no surprise, no let down.

There was a time when I was an insufferable snob and couldn't wait to try the next new thing. And there are still a few brews that I'll pick up if I can FIND them. Stone's Black Lager comes to mind.

I hardly buy beer in stores anymore. Most of my drinking occurs at breweries. I'll grab a mixed 6 pack every once in a while, and try to have a cheaper quality beer on hand (like an All Day) in the fridge.

This is probably a better way to go, and there are quite a few new breweries not far from me...but I don't really care for the bar/brewpub scene any more, either. I'd rather drink in the comfort of my own home...away from those shifty-eyed yuppies...

There's a grocery about 20 minutes away that will let you mix and match your six packs, but I don't go that way very often. Even there, I get overwhelmed with all the choices.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the thing. I know I like, or at least can tolerate, most shit-beers. I know what I'm getting, anyway, so there's no surprise, no let down.

There was a time when I was an insufferable snob and couldn't wait to try the next new thing. And there are still a few brews that I'll pick up if I can FIND them. Stone's Black Lager comes to mind.
I will go to the bar sometimes and just order a Bud Heavy. I know what I am getting and I am happy with it.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is probably a better way to go, and there are quite a few new breweries not far from me...but I don't really care for the bar/brewpub scene any more, either. I'd rather drink in the comfort of my own home...away from those shifty-eyed yuppies...

There's a grocery about 20 minutes away that will let you mix and match your six packs, but I don't go that way very often. Even there, I get overwhelmed with all the choices.
Maybe go to the brewery, get a flight, then take home a couple 6 packs of your favorite (if they bottle/can)?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go to the bar sometimes and just order a Bud Heavy. I know what I am getting and I am happy with it.

The bars near me, Bud's are 6-7 $ a pint. I can get a six pack for that much at the Rite Aid.

Last summer, I drank regular Bud, Natties, and Narragansetts by the case. Time and place for American Lagers.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe go to the brewery, get a flight, then take home a couple 6 packs of your favorite (if they bottle/can)?

I've done that. Several of the local breweries have growlers, but you gotta go through that quickly or it gets flat.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done that. Several of the local breweries have growlers, but you gotta go through that quickly or it gets flat.
Yeah, I'm not a growler fan... Unless I'm bringing it to a gathering where multiple people will drink some.

Or I'm just ready to get trashed..

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get hammered off of one growler?

Lightweight.
No, but if I'm drinking half a gallon of beer, I'm most likely going to be drinking for intoxication

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but if I'm drinking half a gallon of beer, I'm most likely going to be drinking for intoxication
tenor.gif

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get hammered off of one growler?

Lightweight.
A growler contains 5 1/3 "beers" (12 oz). If you're drinking something like a triple, double IPA, or a barelywine, you'll get hammered. Unless your drinking it over several hours.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this moment......Dunkin' Donuts Ice Coffee with 5 Splenda and light cream.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Cloverleaf, Oskar Blues Can o Bliss.....solid

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m lucky, there are a ton of breweries in the tri-state area and I can taste a lot of the beers before I dive in and buy any....Most of the ones I like can be found on tap in local restaurants or in liquor stores throughout the state...I’ve really narrowed my tastes to a select few that I know won’t disappoint, nothing worse than spending $13 or more on a 4 pack and it sucks for your tastes....I’m long past chasing the so called big name beers as well....Find 5-10 beers you really like and rotate those.....

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D06TQlgWwAUo-im.jpg

stillwater-stateside-saison-can-beer.jpg

Stateside is very solid.