• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Are The Real Chances Of Aaron Rodgers Leaving Green Bay?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any NFC East team acquires Rodgers they win the division by 3 games minimum
That is the idea. Packers have hampered AR with their stupid coaches. Much respect for the Packers, but wtf?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers? Not a chance

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one of those teams acquires him they automatically are in the SB mix

well maybe not the Pats

The constant slap fights between Rodgers’ ego and McDaniels’ would easily tank the Pats chances.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The constant slap fights between Rodgers’ ego and McDaniels’ would easily tank the Pats chances.
No. The Pats need a younger QB they can groom. They are not as hungry as other teams.

Edit: a QB like Stafford or similar to bridge the gap.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ride out Rodgers contract. They're still SB contenders.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bs they were the #1 seed
No see .... They're better in the regular season and Rodgers is the greatest... until he gets to the NFC title game vs anyone not Caleb Hanie.... then the roster has always sucked but it's definitely not Rodgers you see ...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is under contract for the next 3 years. In 2021 he's due $22.35M + any target bonuses he makes. There's no reason for the Packers to move him unless there's a very good trade offer and/or Love makes significant progress.

The Packers don't want to move on from him. But its Rodgers who controls things. He could force his way out if he really wanted to. He could basically say "Trade me here or I'm retiring". Packers then have to make the decision if they really want to let him retire and get nothing in return and be shitty for a few years or give into this demand, get some picks back, and have more to work with to rebuild.

Fwiw, I don't think this will happen. I'm just pointing out the scenario of how things will play out if a move were to happen.

Reactions: DJ

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers don't want to move on from him. But its Rodgers who controls things. He could force his way out if he really wanted to. He could basically say "Trade me here or I'm retiring". Packers then have to make the decision if they really want to let him retire and get nothing in return and be shitty for a few years or give into this demand, get some picks back, and have more to work with to rebuild.

Fwiw, I don't think this will happen. I'm just pointing out the scenario of how things will play out if a move were to happen.
I think it'll be a repeat of the situation where Favre was the veteran and he was the young up and comer. They'll keep him until Love maybe tries to force the issue.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally can't happen until after 2021... cap and dead hit is too high.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure most teams would be prepared for a 37-year-old 16-year veteran to retire at a moment's notice. The Packers are in good shape with his contract if he does. The Packers history with Favre suggests they won't be quick to let Rodgers go somewhere else and they would be selective with where they would allow him to go. I think they'd force him to retire or sit on an exempt list before they let him go cheaply to an NFC rival.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers really screwed up in drafting Love.

They had an opportunity to land another playmaker and are squarely in a window of contention.

And also Love is not going to be a good NFL QB.

They are going to regret that pick for a long time.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he says "Trade me or I retire", they need to call his bluff.

There is absolutely no way that he's leaving that kind of money on the table, especially after the year that he just had.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had an opportunity to land another playmaker and are squarely in a window of contention.

Not to mention that they traded up to get him. Even if they went defense in the first, that 4th round pick that they spent could have been used to draft Tyler Johnson.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww, our resident drunken race baiter has a sad.

It’s the kind of thing the Lions are dumb enough to do. But draft a TE instead.

Cuz they’re dumber.

Unbelievable what teams with a QB do with their Capital.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is Mike Florio. A rube, an idiot lawyer, who got lucky and now he thinks he's Adam Schefter or Jay Glazer. I respect the opinion of more than half of the opinions of the guys on this message board than I do his.
Perfect response!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may tell them he's retiring if they don't trade him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he says "Trade me or I retire", they need to call his bluff.

There is absolutely no way that he's leaving that kind of money on the table, especially after the year that he just had.
He's worth 120 million, he isn't hurting financially.