• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Are Our Thoughts On The Shea Weber Deal

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right cant come on here and talk opinion?

We've had this debate so many times now and you continue to ignore logic when people present it to you. Lou tried his hardest to sign parise? Are you for real? Just like gomez just like nieds just like mogilny and rafalski. Its a revolving door of talent.

These are all seperate instances that had no bearing on the Parise situation. Yes I do believe Lou did everything he could to retain Parise. It was down to the Devils and Wild, it wasn't like we were his 5th choice. And you ignore other guys that Lou was able to retain like say Kovy? Or how Marty and Elias both top tier talents have been with the Devils their entire careers? Come on man, you're better than that.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before and I'll say it again. Parise could say money wasnt that big of a factor all he wants, just like Kovy said his entire time that he wanted to stay in Atlanta. One thing is for, Parise kept saying he wanted to play for a home team. He had 2 "home" teams, and he went to one. Apparently he REALLY wanted to play with Suter, but Suter didnt want to play out East....makes things for Parise when he got EVERY thing he wanted instead of just 2 out of 3.

But to get back to THIS topic, I do wonder what would have happened if the Devils tried the signing bonus trick the Wild used. IMO it was a risk Lou and the Devils COULDN'T take after what happened with the Kovy deal.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We've had this debate so many times now and you continue to ignore logic when people present it to you. Lou tried his hardest to sign parise? Are you for real? Just like gomez just like nieds just like mogilny and rafalski. Its a revolving door of talent.

These are all seperate instances that had no bearing on the Parise situation. Yes I do believe Lou did everything he could to retain Parise. It was down to the Devils and Wild, it wasn't like we were his 5th choice. And you ignore other guys that Lou was able to retain like say Kovy? Or how Marty and Elias both top tier talents have been with the Devils their entire careers? Come on man, you're better than that.

You guys are blind when Lou fails and only there to give him credit. Its amazing. Gomez nieds and now parise all left when they could've been kept if lou signed them to extensions. Shit he didnt open negoiations till the day before ufa opened! Fine one time have it happen with gomez....k second time with nieds is just bad amd then a 3rd time with parise is just a crime.

I agree I give lou credit on keeping those guys. That's where you guys are wrong I give credit when due. No one on here holds lou accountable when he messes uo.

Parise Gomez nieds never shouldve got to ufa on any other team they wouldve been locked up long before they even sniffed it.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Parise shouldve been extended 2 years ago!!!!!!!!

Do you understand what i am saying?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You give credit? Bullshit. Wait sorry, you give Kovy all the credit in the world. Nieds left for family, Parise left for family. Gomez is a waste, WASTE. You give credit? You criticized damn near every, if not all of the moves the Devils made this past season saying "we're not doing anything to get better. This trade doesnt help us." among other broken record things. Yet we made the Stanley Cup finals.

Lou know whats hes doing, and you do not.

I am now done with you, your lack of logic, and your bullshit. Two seasons of you is enough, not doing anymore. I'm done mentally and intentionally ignoring your posts while scrolling thread, now you're just on the ignore list. I liked this place better when you went back "home" to the swamp.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just like whats happening in Nashville. Extend the players before they reach this point

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tilo what dont you get. Before they reach the point where they can leave for family reasons. Ask yourself whu isn't niedermyer locked up long term. Parise is a ufa in 2 years why isnt he locked up long term?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jordan stall and kovy both turn down contract extensions....what does that tell you? They arent interested in coming back....so what do you do you trade them!

Offer pairse a lifetime contract in december....he turns it down? Ok see ya he's dealt.

Same with neider same with gomez

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan stall and kovy both turn down contract extensions....what does that tell you? They arent interested in coming back....so what do you do you trade them!

Offer pairse a lifetime contract in december....he turns it down? Ok see ya he's dealt.

Same with neider same with gomez

Yes but you would have crucified Lou for whatever return he got for Parise. I personally love the gamble he took because it got us 2 wins from the Cup rather than floundering with whatever return he got.

Bottom line is we did not have the finances to compete with Minny, and it's the reason we can't make a move like what Philly just did. That can't be blamed on Lou. Our owner is pretty much broke, you can't blame the teams lack of financial assets on the on ice product. That's just an outrageous claim.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The more I think about it, the more I feel Parise made up his mind over a year ago that he rather play in Minnesota.
Maybe thats why he only signed a one year deal?
Forget about all the feel good stuff he told the fans and reporters.
Yes, I do wish they extended his contract 2 years ago, and I am also pissed we lost him for nothing.
I think Parise played Lou all along. For this, of course Lou deserves blame.

But to Lou's credit, he stuck with his word at the deadline saying he would never trade Parise. He also believed this team could win the cup, and they were pretty close while most of us would be happy with a 2nd round appearance.
If they traded Parise, they might have lost first round in the playoffs or even miss the postseason. Who knows. Parise didn't have the best playoffs point wise, but he was the captain and leader in the lockerroom. Tough to replace that.

Its time to move on. Forget Parise.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Back to the subject.
I think Flyers made a great move here. Don't know if the Preds can match that. Deal is another one of those absurd ones, but Flyers have the cash and if I am a Philly fan, I am thrilled.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he is waiting for - now? There are only 2 solid UFA left on market. Is he trying to get at least one of them?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nashville will match it. Worst case they trade him down the road. 4 late round draft picks is nothing

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to replace #9, otherwise we will find our-self at the bottom of conference.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I find moat interesting is does Poile let Weber walk after already making the same mistake with Scott Stevens? Could go either way will be interesting to see how it turns out.Time will tell but if Nashville don't match Poile will be in a bad spot imo

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou tried his hardest to sign parise? Are you for real? Just like gomez just like nieds just like mogilny and rafalski. Its a revolving door of talent. It's really a shame because if we couldve kept half of that talent the team wouldve got past the 1st round more then 3x in 9 years.

Also im tired of the argument that the devils are going up against "established" franchise. Newsflash the devils have been here for 30 fucking years. You make it sound like if your "new" you cant succeed? Use that example in any business there are 5 pizza places in my town. Some will fail but its their fault they do. It's up to the team to improve to take the next step. Reach out to the fans.

Shit i mean you just decalred half the state to the flyers...wtf are the devils doing to change that? And yes that falls on lou...hes more then the gm.

Shit ive seen first hand proof that fans can be "converted" or atleast modified. my brother in law is a ranger fan always has been. He takes his son 5 years old to a mid week non ranger game at the rock. Kid is hooked his room filled with devil gear. Chances like that are out there all over the state.

Open the players up to the fans. I'm not into twitter but im sure all the kids are....sure they would like a tweet from clarkson? Shit speaking of him he's the only devil ive ever seen in a commercial....how is that even possible. I bet you can find people who dont even know who marty broduer is.

Lou is at fault. 20+ years of running it..he has to take the blame with the good.

You do realize that 2 of the 4 you listed went down hill fast after they left (Gomez & Mogilny) and Rafalski was weak on the back end of his contract.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gomez was a stud here who knows whar would've happened if he stayed with a normal contract. Didn't stop Lou from bringing mogilny back even after that bad stint with Toronto

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parise shouldve been extended 2 years ago!!!!!!!!

Do you understand what i am saying?

Couldnt because of the way it effects the cap.

Do you understand what I am saying?

What they should have done was a full press before around the all star break

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Extensions don't effect the cap until the season ends. I'm sure the devils couldve moved numbers arojnd seeing how lou is the greatest

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JSportsnet
Just got told by 1 NHL Exec it looks like Preds will match Weber offer sheet. "Unless,Flyers are prepared to make a great trade

Saw this posted on the main board. No idea how reliable it is but that would be huge.