• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a beer will cost you at every NFL stadium this season

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shut up. The fact that it is a ripoff isn't an anti-capitalistic sentiment. I can go to the store and buy the same beer for 20% of the price they sell it for which I why I choose not to give restaurants money for alcohol.

You most certainly can, but what they are charging isn't a ripoff.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, it is to me.

My only point really was that rip off implies stealing, which it is not. I don't blame you for not wanting to pay the prices.

Me personally, when I go to the game I tailgate and get a "base" going, if you will. Then one or two "road sodas" for the .5 - .75 mile walk to the stadium, then a couple in the first half, and occasionally one in the second half.:suds:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games just aren't worth it for me anymore. $100 for a GOOD ticket in MOST stadiums (like $250+ if talking Green Bay vs. Seattle this weekend). But let's say $100. $10 at least for food, $25 or so for beer. Parking (if you do that) = $20. So $155 and hopefully that's not spoiled by some dork sitting next to me, some stupid drunk fan who's clearly not there for his team, etc.

$155 buys me a NICE $50 bottle of scotch, gets me a large pizza for $25 with everything on it, $20 for sides/dips, etc. Friends bring beer, chips, etc. So $95 and I get my own bathroom, comfortable seating, the best view available on a large TV, sitting around people I want to be with, etc.

About the only games I can justify going to are select baseball games where you can get bleachers for like $10-20. Any drinking/eating is done before/after the game at someone's place.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same calculus you need to do for any other form of entertainment. Do I enjoy it enough to pay the cost to attend?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shut up. The fact that it is a ripoff isn't an anti-capitalistic sentiment. I can go to the store and buy the same beer for 20% of the price they sell it for which I why I choose not to give restaurants money for alcohol. As a consumer I can choose not to be ripped off by said business owner.
So you think business owners should just charge what you can get it for in a store? What then is the incentive for owning a restaurant -- you just do it out of the goodness of your heart? Get a clue man. Are you one of those guys who brings cheese sandwiches into the amusement park too?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bro-n-law said that 4 beers & 2 shot of fire water @ Mile High is $ 68. That's crazy!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bro-n-law said that 4 beers & 2 shot of fire water @ Mile High is $ 68. That's crazy!

So like a large beer is $10 (the chart was pretty favorable for Denver's beer (small) at $6.75). The shots are $14 a piece!? I mean I guess I kind of believe it, but still.... that sounds off.

Seattle was always an amazing stadium because you actually get good beers there. CLINK is like right next to a bunch of local breweries so you get stuff that's local, actually good and not horse piss (Bud light, etc.), and a decent price because the shipping and overhead is non-existent plus they want to promote local beer. The food at CLINK is amazing too because you have probably the most international themed food options of any stadium in the US.

Plus, the seafood there is all local and fresh, cannot be beat.

Course Seattle teams have sucked for decades, so they gotta get people in the stadium somehow. Safeco is even better lol (the Ms REALLY suck).

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think business owners should just charge what you can get it for in a store? What then is the incentive for owning a restaurant -- you just do it out of the goodness of your heart? Get a clue man. Are you one of those guys who brings cheese sandwiches into the amusement park too?
I'm not sure how you got that out of my comment.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how you got that out of my comment.
Haha, come on. You bitched about prices and compared it to the store price. Not a huge leap.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like a large beer is $10 (the chart was pretty favorable for Denver's beer (small) at $6.75). The shots are $14 a piece!? I mean I guess I kind of believe it, but still.... that sounds off.

Seattle was always an amazing stadium because you actually get good beers there. CLINK is like right next to a bunch of local breweries so you get stuff that's local, actually good and not horse piss (Bud light, etc.), and a decent price because the shipping and overhead is non-existent plus they want to promote local beer. The food at CLINK is amazing too because you have probably the most international themed food options of any stadium in the US.

Plus, the seafood there is all local and fresh, cannot be beat.

Course Seattle teams have sucked for decades, so they gotta get people in the stadium somehow. Safeco is even better lol (the Ms REALLY suck).
The beer and food choices in Safeco are amazing. I wouldn't attribute it to the (lack of) quality of the team though. Baseball is a bit different than football in the sense that the stadium is a much bigger part of the overall experience. You just don't have time to smell the roses at an NFL game, and there are not 81 of them a year.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, come on. You bitched about prices and compared it to the store price. Not a huge leap.
The margin difference is insane compared to food.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The margin difference is insane compared to food.
why are you comparing it to food? it's alcohol. A beer at a bar or a restaurant is gonna cost about $4 for a bottle, more if you actually want something good. That is not that much less than what you're paying per ounce at an NFL game, which is more in line with what the OP was getting at.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you comparing it to food? it's alcohol. A beer at a bar or a restaurant is gonna cost about $4 for a bottle, more if you actually want something good. That is not that much less than what you're paying per ounce at an NFL game, which is more in line with what the OP was getting at.
I'm saying both are a ripoff.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better graph would be when your local team cuts off alcohol sales.....they only sell until the end of halftime at metlife. used to be able to drink for an hour+ after the game in the club level at sun life.....

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better graph would be when your local team cuts off alcohol sales.....they only sell until the end of halftime at metlife. used to be able to drink for an hour+ after the game in the club level at sun life.....

wow half time at Green Bay it is the end of the 3rd quarter

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's somewhat funny how much bitching there is about beer prices at games. It looks like it's generally about 5 bucks for a 12 oz beer. You don't pay much less than that at any halfway decent restaurant or bar unless it's a shithole, and there's no NFL game right in front of your eyes. Plus, cheap beer prices + jerkoff 22 year old NFL fans is not a good combination.

This isn't true at all - depends on where you live.

In Green Bay, the per-ounce works out to almost $6.00 for a can of cheap American swill. You can walk down the street and no one is charging more than $3 a can for Miller/Coors; most often there are $2 specials. So if you want to drink garbage beer (say, Miller) in Green Bay, you can get a can for $2.00 (sometimes more, sometimes less) or you can pay 3 times that amount at Lambeau.

And, considering how Wisconsinites drink and the low alcohol content in a Miller, if you have 7 beers at Lambeau (12 oz), that's $40.32, over half the price of your ticket. If you had 7 of the same beers down the road or across the street, that's $14.

For this one example at least, it's ridiculous price gouging. But hey, that's what you expect. Just don't pretend it's in line with "the usual," because for the most part, it ain't.