• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What 3 playoff teams in 2018 will miss the playoffs in 2019?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully someone walks out of here today with a fruit basket at least.

I think SportsHoopla is sending out nut baskets now. Not as popular, but much cheaper than fruit baskets. Plus longer shelf like. The one I got had a flyer in it that said "Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders says to eat more nuts!"

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you did to piss off Blake Wheeler...

We didn't trade them Panarin.

And we kinda set the price on all the other rentals a bit high.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a friendly reminder - If you want to say something nasty about eloco, put it in your signature as he never reads those. That said, carry on.

Just another friendly reminder that personal attacks/name calling will not be tolerated - If you're wondering about a post that no longer seems to be visible, it likely contained a personal attack and/or name calling.

Conflicting messages. ;)

Also, someone can imply someone is drunk but someone can’t be called a bitch boy? Do I have that right?

So I can’t say “x is a bitch boy,” but I could say “x is home playing with his labia lips.”

Am I getting it?

(Affirmative response need only post Armageddon It by Def Leperd.)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said champions. This thread is about making the playoffs. I know it's early, I'm just saying get that bib ready for that plate of crow.

It is early and I really don't care very much so I'm probably just going to mute you if this is an everyday thing you plan to do. Come back in March.

Mmmm.... smells like the crow is just about ready. ;)

Looks like most people are heading for 2 of 3 correct, but a few may have predicted all 3 correctly. I'll update in another couple weeks when the playoffs are finalized. The battle is for that last spot in each conference with a lot of people betting on Colorado or Minnesota to miss.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm.... smells like the crow is just about ready. ;)

Looks like most people are heading for 2 of 3 correct, but a few may have predicted all 3 correctly. I'll update in another couple weeks when the playoffs are finalized. The battle is for that last spot in each conference with a lot of people betting on Colorado or Minnesota to miss.

I think I will change my name to Outlier.

Maybe this deserves a separate thread, but my 3 biggest expected disappointments are:

Pens - Matt Murray is excused from the team after New Years for "personal reasons". Kris LeTang does not answer any media questions.

Preds - Subban will be traded to TOR in the offseason after admitting to have shoved Carrie Underwood down the stairs in her home

Vegas - I love the story as much as anyone, but lightning doesn't strike twice.

All three were 6/1 or worse at Bellagio and all i could think of was, are you freaking kidding me? Not even guaranteed to make the playoffs!

Obviously I went 0 for 3, but the small bit of consolation I have is that all 3 will likely flame out in the first round. I dont see any of my 3 choices getting to Round 2.

/might as well double down on stupid, eh?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bloody Brian Burke

It's not just that your overall result was off. It's how far off every element of your analysis was that makes this perhaps the dumbest series of predictions about one team I've ever read in this forum. You called me a small market fan. Well I got big brains, a big mouth, and a big dick, so here's your fucking crow, you amateur. Commence savagery...

I could just let my reasons from earlier stand but...
-Rookie coach. their 5th in 6 years

Their coach was an experienced assistant with a veteran team. Not a reason for significant concern if you really know and understand hockey. Especially when he's been with the organization since 2014.

-Holtby was awful in the regular season last year

A little better this year. Result: Playoffs, and oh, not fucking surprsing - playoffs. Because arguing he was terrible last year and they still made the playoffs doesn't help your case.

-This team was an OT goal away from going down 3-0 and almost being assured of a first round elimination by Columbus

Ir-fucking-relevant.

-They re-signed Orpik

Yeah, for far less money (ensuring Carlson could stay on the team) and in a 3D role. Not bad in limited minutes and a good leader in the clubhouse to boot.

Highly doubt Carlson finishes anywhere near last season's production

Surprised a big market fan doesn't know that while forwards often peak in their mid 20s and decline around 27-29, that defensemen really come into their prime in their late 20s and early 30s. Carlson is one point shy of his point total from last year with a few games left. He's also a +21 this year instead of a +0. His Corsi and Fenwick numbers are at career highs while

3 of their 5 top scorers last year are 30+ and Carlson will be a year shy of 30 by the time he's scoring his 10th point of the season

Alex Ovechkin is greater than any man ever to don a Leafs jersey and he ain't slowing yet. The three you mentioned - Oshie, Backstrom, and OV - have exceeded last season's point total. OV leads the league in goals. As Ritari said, bet against Ovechkin at your own peril.

Half the squad just played more than 14 games in the playoffs for the first time ever and their best player is probably 84% champagne & vodka at this point

Link

Not sure who these "young 3rd and 4th liners" are but let's say we're talking about Burakovsky and Vrana. Progress would be one of them getting to 40 pts. That's not exactly game-changing.

Game changing not needed. Made playoffs before. Make playoffs again. But Jakub Vrana had a spectacular growth year. Again though, the topic is who will make the playoffs, not can the Caps get way better and win 16 straight in the playoffs.

Before the Penguins' back-to-back, 4 of the last 6 Cup winners either went out in the first round or didn't make the playoffs the next season

Out in the first round or not in the playoffs? This may be the dumbest one of the bunch. Because the teams that MADE the playoffs are not evidence against the previous champion making the playoffs again.

All that needs to happen is Pittsburgh, NJ, Philly and Columbus finish ahead of them and they're probably out of the playoffs. That wouldn't be unbelievable to me at all.

None of those teams are gonna finish better than the Caps.

Here is your lesson - If you are going to mock a fan for being from a small market or make up they are a "trump supporter" for some weird reason, don't be wrong. And DEFINITELY don't be wrong about EVERYTHING.

There's your lesson, there's your crow.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:eek:

Can’t wait for the playoff predictions

giphy.gif

and/or

Eating-Crow.jpg

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if anyone picked the Sharks they should get partial credit. While they will technically make the playoffs, it doesn’t look like they are going to show up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I nailed it with my prediction of not making a prediction, which was pretty predictable, if I'm honest.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the results!!

Wise Sages - Got all 3.
@Ojb81 @puckhead @ritari330

Like Meatloaf said... 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
@elocomotive @forty_three @Bloody Brian Burke @Ewa PGH Fan @thedddd @tducey @obxyankeefan

Blind squirrels found at least one nut
@mattola @Markwassillylaugher

Shut out like the Bolts playing (seive) Holtby!
@BGDave

Congrats, Ojb, Puckhead, and Ritari. Well done, sirs!

actually, I believe I only got 2 out 3? The Avalanche made the playoffs, right? I said Avalanche, Devils, and Flyers.

But hey, 2 out of 3 works for me
:humble:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, I believe I only got 2 out 3? The Avalanche made the playoffs, right? I said Avalanche, Devils, and Flyers.

But hey, 2 out of 3 works for me
:humble:

Yep. I botched it! Was thinking Colorado missed, but I read the table wrong. #EastCoastBias