• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WGC in Mexico

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger had about a 6 footer late yesterday and the camera was set up behind him shooting straight down his line. He missed it by at least 6" right and it didn't even break. He may never get the putter back.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys see fucking Reid on the last hole? Took FOREVER to hit a simple flop shot and then skulled it 20ft past the hole. Then took another way-too-long to line up the 20 footer which he left 4ft short.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way, he's right, because the media and the game DID treat him differently for a long time. This is why they say "never put all your eggs in one basket."
They still do. The announcers are fawning all over him after regular shots; not even good ones. They are practically begging for his putts to go in. And if they show you the leader board and let's say six people are tied at -8, guess which name goes to the top of that list when Woods is involved.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger had about a 6 footer late yesterday and the camera was set up behind him shooting straight down his line. He missed it by at least 6" right and it didn't even break. He may never get the putter back.
That was shocking. Reminded me of me.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys see fucking Reid on the last hole? Took FOREVER to hit a simple flop shot and then skulled it 20ft past the hole. Then took another way-too-long to line up the 20 footer which he left 4ft short.
Didn't notice it. But I hate slow play. Reid is one of my favorite players though so I probably would have given him a pass on that; especially at the last hole where he's trying his hardest to make a top 10 finish.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a perfect example of my main problem with Woods; he thinks he is above the game and the rules don't apply to him.

youd be angry too if if you threw away your ultimate legacy because you thought you could be a navy seal for a day.....

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still do. The announcers are fawning all over him after regular shots; not even good ones. They are practically begging for his putts to go in. And if they show you the leader board and let's say six people are tied at -8, guess which name goes to the top of that list when Woods is involved.

Started in the Tiger era and it's complete bullshit.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw this too yesterday, he's seriously so hard to root for.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love or hate Tiger, he moves the needle in ratings so no matter what they're going to cover his entire round when he's within 8 shots of the lead. I personally love Tiger, I do get how he rubs many the wrong way. But he's a big reason why the game is so healthy with talent and exposure today. The tour has an embarrassment of riches with good players filling up the fields, it's fun to watch.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was ridiculous. The entire golf world is waiting for the winner to tap in.
Not gonna lie, it felt really good inside to see him blast that easy chip 20 feet past. Rory and DJ destroyed him yesterday.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love or hate Tiger, he moves the needle in ratings so no matter what they're going to cover his entire round when he's within 8 shots of the lead. I personally love Tiger, I do get how he rubs many the wrong way. But he's a big reason why the game is so healthy with talent and exposure today. The tour has an embarrassment of riches with good players filling up the fields, it's fun to watch.

I have no problem with the coverage favoring Tiger. He indeed drives the needle. Is it too much though to ask that the scoring chart accurately reflect what's going on in the competition?

If we're both at -8 and I'm on the 17th hole and you're on the 13th, my name belongs above yours because I'm closer to posting the score. That simple logic drove the leader board for decades. Maybe the lesser player deserves the recognition he's earning. Maybe he'd like a contract with Titleist too.

Again, coverage, interviews and all that...fine, just accurately report what's happening in the competition.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the coverage favoring Tiger. He indeed drives the needle. Is it too much though to ask that the scoring chart accurately reflect what's going on in the competition?

If we're both at -8 and I'm on the 17th hole and you're on the 13th, my name belongs above yours because I'm closer to posting the score. That simple logic drove the leader board for decades. Maybe the lesser player deserves the recognition he's earning. Maybe he'd like a contract with Titleist too.

Again, coverage, interviews and all that...fine, just accurately report what's happening in the competition.

I didn’t know they played favoritism like that on the TV standings? I’ve known that’s how they’re supposed to rank them but just never caught it I guess. That is BS if true I would agree.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this too yesterday, he's seriously so hard to root for.
Lot of people feel that way but I absolutely love the guy with his grit and his "Me against the world" attitude. Its because of that attitude that we finally won a Ryder Cup. I wish more of the American touring pros had that much fire.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does. Its a uniquely American oddity that fans believe that because they've latched on to a winner that somehow they are a winner too because of it. Its creepy. I've always rooted for the under dog unless its my team or a person I've always followed; consequently Nicklaus and Woods were guys I always rooted against once they got on top.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember years ago in the President's Cup that Woods had to make a 10 footer in the dark to tie Ernie Els so that the U.S. could retain the Cup. I remember thinking "there is no one else in the world I would want taking this putt". He was that good. Damned if he didn't make it too. He was great.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
youd be angry too if if you threw away your ultimate legacy because you thought you could be a navy seal for a day.....
Golf is a strange game. The way I see some people behaving on the course on the weekend makes me wonder "If they hate the game this much, why do they play?"

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t know they played favoritism like that on the TV standings? I’ve known that’s how they’re supposed to rank them but just never caught it I guess. That is BS if true I would agree.

It started because of Tiger.

I was formerly a big Tiger fan. His being a colossal asshole hasn't turned me against him because I was never all that invested but he is a piece of shit and that has made me rather meh about him and his success.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does. Its a uniquely American oddity that fans believe that because they've latched on to a winner that somehow they are a winner too because of it. Its creepy. I've always rooted for the under dog unless its my team or a person I've always followed; consequently Nicklaus and Woods were guys I always rooted against once they got on top.

It is strange, because culturally we all love to root for an underdog too. Especially in collegiate sports. Pro sports it's the dominant teams/athletes that move the needle. College football is more regional. Nobody on the west coast cares to watch Bama. But Tiger is/was a generational player the likes that may never be seen again by this generation? He was setting so many records in such a short period of time it was like watching MJ. Love him or hate him, you're going to watch. He used to be such a poster child too, then when he fucked up his marriage, got injured, getting arrested it humanized him. Now there's a segment of people that can identify with him. So Tiger covers the spectrum in terms of audience, he's a TV magnet.