• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WGC in Mexico

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. I still love it. I'm hooked. The one thing I miss is the course management aspect of the game. No its just bomb and gouge.
I'd like to see today's players play a tournament with old style clubs. Wood shafts, persimmon heads on the woods.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see today's players play a tournament with old style clubs. Wood shafts, persimmon heads on the woods.
I played a round with some old clubs a while back that my friend brought to the course. I remember being struck by how small the wooden driver head was. It felt like old time though. I hit my tee balls pretty well. The one thing I noticed is that the ball does not fly has high with them. A much lower ball flight.

The difference in the clubs and also the shape the courses are in today make such a huge difference that its hard to compare players from different eras. if I had to choose, I'd give the nod, as far as golf skill, to the old timers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I root for Koepka. He's good and I like his behavior on the course. I also like Reed because he takes no shit in the Ryder Cup.

I like Koepka...didn't go the traditional route to the PGAT...started in Europe...I remember watching him and Peter Uihlein at 3 in the morning and seeing the American flag by their names, no clue as to who they were.

When it comes to golfers I have issues with...known slow players...JB Holmes just won an event a couple of weeks ago and slow play became the topic of the day. At least Kevin Na acknowledged that he was slow, and took steps to speed up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I root for Koepka. He's good and I like his behavior on the course. I also like Reed because he takes no shit in the Ryder Cup.

I like Koepka...didn't go the traditional route to the PGAT...started in Europe...I remember watching him and Peter Uihlein at 3 in the morning and seeing the American flag by their names, no clue as to who they were.

When it comes to golfers I have issues with...known slow players...JB Holmes just won an event a couple of weeks ago and slow play became the topic of the day. At least Kevin Na acknowledged that he was slow, and took steps to speed up.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who in the fuck warms up doing sets of bench press? Gotta like him just for that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played a round with some old clubs a while back that my friend brought to the course. I remember being struck by how small the wooden driver head was. It felt like old time though. I hit my tee balls pretty well. The one thing I noticed is that the ball does not fly has high with them. A much lower ball flight.

The difference in the clubs and also the shape the courses are in today make such a huge difference that its hard to compare players from different eras. if I had to choose, I'd give the nod, as far as golf skill, to the old timers.

IDK if the players of the persimmon era were better (remember persimmons were used well into the 80s, DL3 played with them early on iirc, I know Greg Norman did.

One thing players of the older era were better at...shaping shots. The ball spun a lot more and the smaller clubhead was easier to work the ball.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never could figure out what was inaccurate....maybe someone else displayed it.

Care to expand?

When players are tied relative to par, the persons closest to posting that score belong at the top of the leaderboard. They have, through their play, earned that spot.

In the Tiger era, they jump Tiger to the top of the leaderboard as soon as his score relative to par matches the other players without regard to his actual position in the field.

Again, I'm fine with him getting the lion's share of the coverage.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. There's still an Asian guy over there who is American. His name is David Lipsky. He's good.
Holmes' behavior on 18 last year in San Diego was inexcusable

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if the players of the persimmon era were better (remember persimmons were used well into the 80s, DL3 played with them early on iirc, I know Greg Norman did.

One thing players of the older era were better at...shaping shots. The ball spun a lot more and the smaller clubhead was easier to work the ball.
Not better but, in my opinion, more skilled at the finer aspects of the game. The clubs and the ball have completely changed the game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not better but, in my opinion, more skilled at the finer aspects of the game. The clubs and the ball have completely changed the game.

Agreed. Although the scores have not collectively gone much lower on tour, but the advances in green design and maintenance may have something to do with that.

Just goes to show just how big the divide is from tour pros to weekend golfers...with the new equipment, collectively most of us still suck relative to par.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When players are tied relative to par, the persons closest to posting that score belong at the top of the leaderboard. They have, through their play, earned that spot.

In the Tiger era, they jump Tiger to the top of the leaderboard as soon as his score relative to par matches the other players without regard to his actual position in the field.

Again, I'm fine with him getting the lion's share of the coverage.

Now I understand...gotcha. I've noticed that...if there's anyway to get Tiger on the 1st page of the leaderboard...they do it. As long as we're able to see the leader's shots, how they cover Tiger is not a big bother to me either.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Although the scores have not collectively gone much lower on tour, but the advances in green design and maintenance may have something to do with that.

Just goes to show just how big the divide is from tour pros to weekend golfers...with the new equipment, collectively most of us still suck relative to par.
I'd say the divide between them and even club pros is huge. They are unbelievably good. This is a hard game and they make it look easy.