• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WFY vs the 19-0 preseason dominant ravens

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, honestly I do, and it's not good enough to use "the offense has some new parts" as reason not to make this year the exception over years of projecting what our offense will or won't do at the beginning of a given season. Sure there are "new" pieces, but isn't that true every year? Now if you want to single out Fitz as the "new" QB, then why didn't that apply during the 16 "new" QB changes in the last 10 years?

I also agree that it's a new year and no one knows for certain how either side of the ball will work out, but let's not make this harder than is should be! This is the time of year in which hope springs eternally, it's fun to be reasonable, and ofttimes excitedly, hopefully, extra, when posting on a community board about those things that a new season brings. That's the NFL community of fans that helps in making football the king of sports! I just don't understand what makes this year, on this particular subject, different than any other.
I had the team pegged at 8 or 9 wins before pre-season and nothing i've seen changes my mind upward or downward on that. I think the offense potentially can do better than 20 pts a game but nothing i've seen or read during TC or watching pre-season gives me any indication they can do better than that. Best we can hope for is a few more sustained drives and a plus turnover differential until the offense shows us its different.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before this offseason and I’ll say it again:

this team makes the playoffs and wins one game in the playoffs.

that’s my first prediction.

my second one is that fitzy plays well enough to start the majority of the games, and wins the playoff game.

the defense, even if it slightly regresses, will be the best in the division, and the offense, even if slightly improves, will make up the difference.