• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This in bold was end of story...Refs were a non-factor...OKC did a poor job on the glass, and turnovers galore...especially KD with several stupid passes.

That is the 2nd straight game KD has been sloppy in the 1st half with stupid passes like you said, most are just careless giving GS the ball. Can't be sloppy in this series, they will have to limit the turnovers to win another one in OKC. I will say the rebounding was either bad breaks for OKC or GS was outworking them to tip out rebounds.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the 2nd straight game KD has been sloppy in the 1st half with stupid passes like you said, most are just careless giving GS the ball. Can't be sloppy in this series, they will have to limit the turnovers to win another one in OKC. I will say the rebounding was either bad breaks for OKC or GS was outworking them to tip out rebounds.

Bad fundamentals...ball goes up towards the rim...gotta find your man and put your body on him...OKC was watching the ball. If you watch Green on the DEF board...he's always blocking out 1st, then get the board...textbook.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serge Ibaka- 3 points and 8 rebounds. He was a much better player 2-3 years ago. More dependable for sure

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Draypunk talks shit again I hope Adams give him an elbow to the throat!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad fundamentals...ball goes up towards the rim...gotta find your man and put your body on him...OKC was watching the ball. If you watch Green on the DEF board...he's always blocking out 1st, then get the board...textbook.
They did a good job of gang rebounding. When you out-rebound the top rebounding team in the league, you've done a good job. Gotta try to get one in OKC now. Admittedly a tall, tall order.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right in his face? hmm lol. Adams bent down to grab his groin when Draymond was going up. Again, look at the replay like your friend.

I did. He was taunting him because he scored right in his face. Adams went up to contest and got kneed in the sack, it happens. By the time he got kneed, Draymond was already well into his shot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. He was taunting him because he scored right in his face. Adams went up to contest and got kneed in the sack, it happens. By the time he got kneed, Draymond was already well into his shot.

Again, proving my point. He got kneed during the play and couldn't finish the play then Draymond taunts him after the play with Adams is holding his groin. Congrats you got an easy layup on a guy that got kneed :laugh3:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch Green on the DEF board...he's always blocking out 1st, then get the board...textbook.

Yep. That's what made Rodman such a great rebounder. He assumed every shot that went up was going to be a miss. So as soon as a shot went up, he boxed out whoever was nearest him and then looked for the ball. Green does it pretty much the same way.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, proving my point. He got kneed during the play and couldn't finish the play then Draymond taunts him after the play with Adams is holding his groin. Congrats you got an easy layup on a guy that got kneed :laugh3:

It doesn't prove a thing. You said he was taunting because Adams got hurt and that wasn't the case. So, you actually just agreed with what LAD and I have been saying.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That's what made Rodman such a great rebounder. He assumed every shot that went up was going to be a miss. So as soon as a shot went up, he boxed out whoever was nearest him and then looked for the ball. Green does it pretty much the same way.

Exactly...and if you don't block the man out, the refs rarely call over the back.

The old ball coach had a rebounding drill (really a blocking out drill) that looked kinda silly...normally 3 on 3 and he would shoot the ball from various spots on the floor...you had to find your man and block him out and the ball would hit the floor if we were successful...if the OFC got a hand on the ball at all...they won and would get to keep the ball...i.e. stay on OFC... plenty of physical battles ensued...In HS we were undersized, but we boarded with the best of them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...and if you don't block the man out, the refs rarely call over the back.

The old ball coach had a rebounding drill (really a blocking out drill) that looked kinda silly...normally 3 on 3 and he would shoot the ball from various spots on the floor...you had to find your man and block him out and the ball would hit the floor if we were successful...if the OFC got a hand on the ball at all...they won and would get to keep the ball...i.e. stay on OFC... plenty of physical battles ensued...In HS we were undersized, but we boarded with the best of them.

In the early 90's, I had the opportunity to coach high school basketball. I was the head coach for the JV and assistant coach for the varsity. The varsity coach had that same drill, but took it a step further. He would shoot the ball and players had to continue to box out until he blew the whistle...only then could they go get the ball.

Like with your team, it led to some pretty physical battles. But that team sure could rebound. Which was good, because it was probably the least athletic team in the league. :lol:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm spot on so far in my prediction; why would I change? I said "split in Oakland, OKC takes care of business in the next two at home as does GS in game 5 and then OKC wraps it up at home in game 6".

1. It was a joke

2. * see 7 different predictions in 1st round vs. Houston

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the early 90's, I had the opportunity to coach high school basketball. I was the head coach for the JV and assistant coach for the varsity. The varsity coach had that same drill, but took it a step further. He would shoot the ball and players had to continue to box out until he blew the whistle...only then could they go get the ball.

Like with your team, it led to some pretty physical battles. But that team sure could rebound. Which was good, because it was probably the least athletic team in the league. :lol:

Yep...the objective was not to rebound the ball, but to keep the OFC from getting it, when it hit the floor without the OFC touching it, he blew the whistle.

Sidenote...Our C was like 6'6", me 6'3" but nobody else was 6' and under and we routinely out rebounded bigger teams largely because that drill. Soph & Jr yr we had pretty good teams...my Sr yr we sucked...that 6-6" guy had two left feet...ended up moving me from wing to the post which I hated, and pretty much gave up hoops and I had two scholarship offers...immature.

Lost art though...certainly by OKC last night...7' players don't often think they have to block out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did a good job of gang rebounding. When you out-rebound the top rebounding team in the league, you've done a good job. Gotta try to get one in OKC now. Admittedly a tall, tall order.

I see another split coming, but will be tough as you said...the OKC rank-n-file should wake up at home and play like they did in game one, but we shall see...I thought GS in 7.