• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly agree they could have played better down the stretch. Hard to do though when you see Curry and Klay raining like they were.
I posted a stat earlier. That I think speaks to the "choking" point.
RW/KD 38 combined MISSES
Rest of team 32 combined SHOTS TAKEN.
Their hero ball was pretty bad last night. But as a Dubs fan I hope it continues...that they somehow top it. :lol:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point...they were able to get away from playing hero ball. If they had played like this (hero ball) they wouldn't have beaten the Spurs IMO.
So against the best team in the league yes the expectation would be to stick with what's working, not the opposite.

But that is my point. Yes, they tried to do a little too much yesterday, but at the end of games it always has been and always will be hero ball for them.

Seriously. Everyone said Manu Ginobli should have shot the ball instead of passing to Mills for an open shot in the Spurs game 2 loss. Imagine the heat Durant or Westbrook would take (hands down the two best at creating their own shots in the entire league) if they passed up a 15 footer to get Roberson or Waiters an open 3. They would be crucified for doing that.

My point is that whatever they do, they can't win. Unless of course, they win the series.

Golden State is great. To beat them you have to play extremely well. OKC has done that, just not well enough to overcome 70 something from the splash brothers.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to say that as much as people were saying Dray kicking his legs in shot attempts isn't a basketball play whatdo they call it when RW does it? I saw it on at least two different occasions by him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is my point. Yes, they tried to do a little too much yesterday, but at the end of games it always has been and always will be hero ball for them.

Seriously. Everyone said Manu Ginobli should have shot the ball instead of passing to Mills for an open shot in the Spurs game 2 loss. Imagine the heat Durant or Westbrook would take (hands down the two best at creating their own shots in the entire league) if they passed up a 15 footer to get Roberson or Waiters an open 3. They would be crucified for doing that.

My point is that whatever they do, they can't win. Unless of course, they win the series.

Golden State is great. To beat them you have to play extremely well. OKC has done that, just not well enough to overcome 70 something from the splash brothers.
I kinda agree. But like Kenny says you gotta trust your team.

In this situation they're not going to beat the best team by playing 2 on 5.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah..I say it's less than 10%...

Neither of us have any way to prove it. You are a bigger homer than I. They will either win (100% chance) or lose (0%). Probably lose. That's about all you can say. The line will probably be Warriors -5 or so.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook kicks and draymond kicks are different. Both are not basketball plays but Green kicks are on the borderline of dirty because his kicks get near his opponent face area. Westbrook kick out are just trying to sell a foul on a 3. Reggie Miller did that his entire career. Just a way guys try to sell fouls on a 3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of the talking heads have been touting OKC lately as the team that matches up best with Cleveland, but I think that is flat wrong. GS Is a nightmare matchup for the Cavs. Think about the most natural matchups for The dubs best defenders:

Green on Love
Iggy on LeBron
Klay on Kyrie

Now on the other side, who do Love and Kyrie guard? LeBron, as great as he is is not well suited to guard Klay because he does his best work on the ball, not chasing shooters. Bron could guard Green or Curry, but that creates matchup issues elsewhere. Tough decisions for Lue and Co if GS advances.

OKC, on the other hand, the matchups are much more natural for Cleveland.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my perspective, two things stand out.

1. Golden State should not be doing what they are doing. A team that is so one dimensionally should not be 5 wins away from back-to-back NBA Championships. This is an aberration that no othet team better tay and cope their formula because it won't work.

2. Throughout these playoffs, I have been ready to pronounce Russell Westbrook as a matured player who is finally getting it all together. Then the last 3 minutes of last night happened and he became 2012 PanicRuss all over again.

One dimensional LOL. Best shooting ever. Very good defense. Best passing/assists since the SHowtime Lakers. Whatever.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of the talking heads have been touting OKC lately as the team that matches up best with Cleveland, but I think that is flat wrong. GS Is a nightmare matchup for the Cavs. Think about the most natural matchups for The dubs best defenders:

Green on Love
Iggy on LeBron
Klay on Kyrie

Now on the other side, who do Love and Kyrie guard? LeBron, as great as he is is not well suited to guard Klay because he does his best work on the ball, not chasing shooters. Bron could guard Green or Curry, but that creates matchup issues elsewhere. Tough decisions for Lue and Co if GS advances.

OKC, on the other hand, the matchups are much more natural for Cleveland.

Yeah Golden State is a nightmare matchup for Cleveland.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook kicks and draymond kicks are different. Both are not basketball plays but Green kicks are on the borderline of dirty because his kicks get near his opponent face area. Westbrook kick out are just trying to sell a foul on a 3. Reggie Miller did that his entire career. Just a way guys try to sell fouls on a 3
Drays kicks have never gotten close to anyone's face....unless their face is down where their junk is. And that's a whole nother conversation.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't take it as salty, Ham.

Some basketball purists just don't believe in the Warriors style of basketball because it goes against what has been done historically.

I personally disagree with him and Barkley....etc

Somebody has to be a trailblazer. Looks like it's the Warriors.

He is spot on in his Westbrook criticism too.

Just because somebody doesn't agree with you, doesn't make them a hater.

And Damian Lillard

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drays kicks have never gotten close to anyone's face....unless their face is down where their junk is. And that's a whole nother conversation.

They actually did in game 5. I posted the videos on Friday morning

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If G.S. takes care of business I really hope Green doesn't kick anyone in the basket-balls during the Finals.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of us have any way to prove it. You are a bigger homer than I. They will either win (100% chance) or lose (0%). Probably lose. That's about all you can say. The line will probably be Warriors -5 or so.

right now it's Dubs -7 in some, -7.5 in others....and up to -8 / -8.5, to -9 in a few more.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now it's Dubs -7 in some, -7.5 in others....and up to -8 / -8.5, to -9 in a few more.

Ok fair enough, seems a bit high to me. Might be from all the $ coming in on GS, moves the line.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha alright maybe once.
But could we say he also was trying to draw a foul?
My point is don't complain about a player doing something that they all do. It expecially comes off as hating when all we hear is how much said person can't stand Dray....constantly. it's to the point of rivaling Wiggys love fest of LBJ & his epic bible postings.