• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. 2 great teams are meeting in a super competitive series and all anybody wants to talk about is the mistakes.

When OKC went up 3-1, Golden State was choking. Now it is OKC's turn? C'mon guys. These are the two best teams in the league. Somebody has to lose. That does not mean they are chokers. People are talking more in this thread about Westbrook and Durant's failures than they are about Klay's history making performance. That is wrong.

This SCREAMS choke.

This one was epic. In those final five minutes, after Durant's jumper gave OKC a 96-89 lead, the Thunder scored just five points, three by Roberson, one of those on an intentional foul. The Thunder made just one of five shots, that on a Roberson offensive rebound. OKC committed six turnovers on its final eight possessions. All by Durant or Westbrook.

The ball stopped moving. The players stopped moving. Golden State switched on screens, and plugged the paint, and trapped Durant and Westbrook. The result was a series of one-on-one (or one-on-two) moves that went nowhere.

Epic collapse by Durant & Westbrook forces Game 7

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't take it as salty, Ham.

Some basketball purists just don't believe in the Warriors style of basketball because it goes against what has been done historically.

I personally disagree with him and Barkley....etc

Somebody has to be a trailblazer. Looks like it's the Warriors.

He is spot on in his Westbrook criticism too.

Just because somebody doesn't agree with you, doesn't make them a hater.

Bingo. There are certain fans who seem to think that. If that is your mindset then this is not the board for you. You're better off on your team board singing cumbiah

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. There are certain fans who seem to think that. If that is your mindset then this is not the board for you. You're better off on your team board singing cumbiah

Lakers All Day is my people.

I'm not sure what started the tiff between you two.

But, I know it's been going on for months.

For what it's worth, I don't think you are a hater towards the Warriors.

Hell, I don't even think you are a hater towards the Cavs, just towards the obnoxious fanboying by their fans.

But, in the years that I have posted on boards with her, I have never seen her use profanity.

She used to get on me about being vulgar on our old board.

So, Wtf did you say to make her hate you? :lol:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland fans and Lebroniacs disagree. :dhd:

-Larry Dolan (Indians): dumb
-Dan Gilbert (Cavs): dumber
-Jimmy Haslam (Browns): dumbest

Cleveland has the 3 Stooges of professional sports owners.:L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleveland has the 3 Stooges of professional owners.:L

I hope you have braced yourself for the inevitable 15,000 word essay from Wiggy telling you all about how Dan Gilbert is a SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE and had a MASTER PLAN TO GET LEBRON BACK HOME.

Said essay will also be full of lol's, "are you serious's?" and "your kidding yourself if..."

Don't be surprised if you're called DELUSIONAL as well.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleveland has the 3 Stooges of professional sports owners.:L

Clippers....New Owner, same Era :poke:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This SCREAMS choke.

This one was epic. In those final five minutes, after Durant's jumper gave OKC a 96-89 lead, the Thunder scored just five points, three by Roberson, one of those on an intentional foul. The Thunder made just one of five shots, that on a Roberson offensive rebound. OKC committed six turnovers on its final eight possessions. All by Durant or Westbrook.

The ball stopped moving. The players stopped moving. Golden State switched on screens, and plugged the paint, and trapped Durant and Westbrook. The result was a series of one-on-one (or one-on-two) moves that went nowhere.

Epic collapse by Durant & Westbrook forces Game 7

These numbers are a little overblown because 2 or 3 of the TOs came in the last 15 seconds after the game was decided and their spirits broken.

What bothers me is that nobody credits Golden State, either for their spectacular defense or their ridiculous shot making down the stretch. Without either of those things happening, this series is over.

I will give you the lack of ball movement, but when has OKC ever played differently at the end of games? They have two players who can create open jumpers for themselves any time they want them. What do you think OKC is going to do down the stretch?

Golden State got a little sticky there too, they just made the shots.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's pretty much the same feeling GS had coming back to OKC for game 6. I guess that's why the play the game.

OKC probably has a 20% chance to win game 7. Not at all zero.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you have braced yourself for the inevitable 15,000 word essay from Wiggy telling you all about how Dan Gilbert is a SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE and had a MASTER PLAN TO GET LEBRON BACK HOME.

Said essay will also be full of lol's, "are you serious's?" and "your kidding yourself if..."

Don't be surprised if you're called DELUSIONAL as well.

Shiiiiit Wiggy better put that stuff on audio.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These numbers are a little overblown because 2 or 3 of the TOs came in the last 15 seconds after the game was decided and their spirits broken.

What bothers me is that nobody credits Golden State, either for their spectacular defense or their ridiculous shot making down the stretch. Without either of those things happening, this series is over.

I will give you the lack of ball movement, but when has OKC ever played differently at the end of games? They have two players who can create open jumpers for themselves any time they want them. What do you think OKC is going to do down the stretch?

Grudgingly agree.

So, I concede on the Warriors taking it, instead of the Thunder simply giving it away.

But, OKC didn't do themselves any favors.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

About three or four people have tried to teach him the difference between 'your' and 'you're' but our Doctor/Lawyer friend still hasn't caught on!

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the point...they were able to get away from playing hero ball. If they had played like this (hero ball) they wouldn't have beaten the Spurs IMO.
So against the best team in the league yes the expectation would be to stick with what's working, not the opposite.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some basketball purists just don't believe in the Warriors style of basketball because it goes against what has been done historically.

I just had some SALT on a tuna sandwhich it was pretty good

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But in all seriousness I was just pointing it out because it came off as we do only one thing well which is shoot. Which is not true

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grudgingly agree.

So, I concede on the Warriors taking it, instead of the Thunder simply giving it away.

But, OKC didn't do themselves any favors.

I certainly agree they could have played better down the stretch. Hard to do though when you see Curry and Klay raining like they were.